Quick thoughts on final preseason game

hawkfan68

Reaction score
1) Only TD scored the whole game against a weak Raiders team. Not a good sign. At least the TD and the best drive was from the starters.

2) Helfet looked pretty good at FB.

3) Harper drops too many passes. He looked like 2012 Kearse out there.

4) Run-blocking was abyssmal.

5) Defense was solid.....again.

6) Thurmond looked good returning punts.

Bring on the regular season......

seatownboy

Reaction score
Run-blocking was fine the Raiders had some kind of insane focus on it. If it was a regular season game Seattle would have switched there game plan up. I really liked Harper but I mean those two drops, you just cant do it. Kearse is lucky he had time to fix his problems when the team had little depth. Looking at the the WR core right now, he just is not going to make the roster.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Barthawk":3kgercx5 said:
Kearly is gonna cry because you made these simple (true) assessments without 2-3 DVR reviews...

LOL! Not trying to steal Kearly's thunder. I'm just a mere simpleton. I enjoy Kearly's explanation and in depth analysis. I'm just not that good so I keep it simple.

Rainger

Reaction score
Good look however isn't Helfet a TE?? The raiders were stacking the box on most running plays putting in 7 and 8, that is why the play action and the roll out were so effective. If this was a regular season game RW would have torn that strategy apart.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I never thought I would see a Carroll/Cable team look so godawful running the ball

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Barthawk":nssenavj said:
Kearly is gonna cry because you made these simple (true) assessments without 2-3 DVR reviews...

Lord knows I know how THAT feels!

seatownboy

Reaction score
Kearly probably didn't take the time to even watch the game live. He isn't a real fan, he just likes to watch the reviews and spout off like he knows something:p

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Tech Worlds":36j24wg6 said:
I think, like unemployment benefits, anyone who posts "quick thoughts" should have to submit to a drug test.

Would Cabernet Sauvignon register?

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
On a positive note, how 'bout Hauschka? 3 from 50+ tonight (including 56) and touchbacks all preseason. And that all after the FedEx injury. Awesome resurgence from a guy many of us thought was very replaceable!

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":cnsi0lxx said:
On a positive note, how 'bout Hauschka? 3 from 50+ tonight (including 56) and touchbacks all preseason. And that all after the FedEx injury. Awesome resurgence from a guy many of us thought was very replaceable!

Totally agree with this. He's been a very pleasant surprise this preseason.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Totally agree. He's mentioned that he's worked very hard on his "core" to develop a longer kick. Well, core away friend!