Undercover cops to patrol Seahawk games

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Don't know how I feel about this...they're going to be wearing opposing team's gear (I don't know if that's all the time). So a couple knuckleheads start talking crap (usual football stuff you see) to them and they start pushing back, maybe even escalating the situation. Bam! You're out son!

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I don't think it's necessary for them to wear the opposing gear. It seems like that makes them a participant instead of an unbiased (as much as possible) viewer. When a cop is directly confronted by something it would be human nature for the cop to escalate it since he knows he holds the winning hand every time. I think it's a bad idea. At first it seemed like a good idea but after giving it some thought I don't like it.

mretrade

Reaction score
I remember last time I was at Qwest/Clink field a lady with a kid in her arms starting swearing at me. Football games universally don't attract the best crowd. The only place where people have been friendly to me as an opposing fan is Arizona. So far I have attended @Sea, @NYJ, @AZ, and lasts years superbowl.

mretrade

Reaction score
Admittedly, I was being a little bit of a buffoon but she took the buffoonery to the next level.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Some of you guys have some crazy experiences at games. Every Niners game I've been to (always 300 level seats), I've never seen an altercation or heard anyone getting cursed out. The worst I saw was in a long line at the bathroom, a Niners fan was flipped off by a passing Seahawks fan.

Even before games during tailgating behind Outdoor Emporium, there's only a loud "Boo!" A couple choice curse words and that's it. Most of the ones I've come across we just smile say "Wassup!" And keep it moving.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
mretrade":2o77a7wx said:
Admittedly, I was being a little bit of a buffoon but she took the buffoonery to the next level.

And there it is. Don't be a buffoon.

mretrade

Reaction score
Trust me, you don't have to be a buffoon to get harassed dressed up as an opposing fan in the clink or at most nfl stadiums.

The last time I went to a SF @ Sea game was before Harbaugh became coach so the rivalry wasn't even that hot yet. I couldn't imagine how bad it is now.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
mretrade":3fjuxqfd said:
Trust me, you don't have to be a buffoon to get harassed dressed up as an opposing fan in the clink or at most nfl stadiums.

The last time I went to a SF @ Sea game was before Harbaugh became coach so the rivalry wasn't even that hot yet. I couldn't imagine how bad it is now.
Well at least you didn't get stabbed :grin: lol sorry had to go there...

I've had nothing but good experiences with opposing fans around me and outside the stadium. Last game (the 42-13 thrashing, remember?) my friend and I and another guy and his wife were having banter throughout the whole game. It was all fun but he let us know at the end of the game ,"I thought were going to have to fight, but you guys are awesome fans."

ZagHawk

Reaction score
While walking back to my car tonight I got a nice "F*ck the Seahawks" screamed at me by a car full of Raider Fans. SMH.

Also during the game was actually having a pleasant conversation with one Raider fan who told me when he gave a head nod to another Raider fan earlier in the game, that fan just continued to mad dog him...

Yet we need to control ourselves...okay.

TXHawkFan

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the police patrols. Good natured razzing of opposing fans is okay but mean-spirited, vulgar epithets shouted at them are not. I've seen that happen a few too many times at games and it needs to be cracked down on, IMO.

edogg23

Reaction score
While I don't think the situation should ever turn violent, I am glad when I see people in opposing jerseys getting jeered at the games.

Think about why the home field advantage is so important to the Hawks, it is because of how loud the stadium gets when the Hawks are on defense. Now imagine what would happen to that advantage if 1/4 of tickets or more in the stadium were sold to opposing teams fans. It is important to the success of the team to keep the number of opposing teams fans to a minimum. If you want to take your kids to a laid back atmosphere, go to a Mariners game and enjoy being able to spread out in the unfilled seats :)

Hawks46

Reaction score
It would be nice if they would do this at other stadiums.

Obviously I wear Hawk gear to the games, and I don't get harrassed, but I rarely see anyone from other fan bases get harrassed at the CLink.

Try going to Arizona sometime. The experience with that fan base was terrible. Much worse than the 49ers game I went to at Candlestick (although the Niners were bad back then, so I'm sure it's worse now).

Marlin Man

Reaction score
They SHOULD be there checking out all the drunk hooligans. Our fans have become a bunch of drunk clowns, many do not belong in the stands or even on gthe streets. Have you guys not heard and seen them, aabsolute bunch of pigs, some of the worst in the league in some areas of the stadium.

don't give me shit about my post, IF the shoe fits wear it, if not, move on

M.M.

chris98251

Reaction score
I saw the news last night and people were on there saying good we don't want to hear swearing, another saying we should welcome them with open arms and celebrate with them , fricking sounds like the flower power of the 60's and people on acid. Only the tree huggers and anti plastic bagger's along with the Byciclists that feel they have more rights then a car on the road make these statements.

Those are the fans that are going to be heard in the courts and want to silience football games so little Jimmy can get his nmap time in when they take him to the game with them.

edogg23

Reaction score
chris98251":3bici1xy said:
I saw the news last night and people were on there saying good we don't want to hear swearing, another saying we should welcome them with open arms and celebrate with them , fricking sounds like the flower power of the 60's and people on acid. Only the tree huggers and anti plastic bagger's along with the Byciclists that feel they have more rights then a car on the road make these statements.

Those are the fans that are going to be heard in the courts and want to silience football games so little Jimmy can get his nmap time in when they take him to the game with them.

Probably the same fans that go to sounders games and sing songs all game :)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anything beyond friendly razzing and light hearted trash talk is stupid, imo. Truth is the opposing fans have a lot more in common with us then not. They love football. They love going to games. They just happen to like a different team. Its certainly not worth cussing at them, throwing things at them, or fighting with them about it.

(except for Ramzfanz... i'd kinda like to smack him just once)

Seaswab

Reaction score
What about opposing fans that harass Seahawks fans? They get a pass I suppose? Why because they are all so well behaved? They never instigate anything I'm sure.