Revis going after Sherman

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Revis going after Sherman
Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:43 pm
  • November 3rd
    :snack:
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:49 pm
  • 100% chance this guy is on pain pills. He probably doesn't remember much these days, enjoy the Tampa humidity moron.
    McG
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:02 pm
  • Cartire wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:I'll probably get crucified for this, but Revis kind of has a point here.

Ill start.

1) Shermans last comment about Revis happened in February. The fact that Revis in the end of August is saying that Sherman needs to shut his mouth is stupid.

2) The whole twitter battle started when Sherman proclaimed to be the best CB (because of his stats) and didnt mention Revis as a top 5 corner (which then Revis responded and the whole fued started)

So no. Revis has no point. And worse, he has zero ability to see a baited question from a reporter coming. He should have replied with "That happened over 6 months ago. Why are you still talking about this?"

This covers it nicely. My advice to Revis? Shut up, take your silly amount of money and don't whine when your lunch is stolen this November.

Actually he should appreciate that he's able to come back from a career ending injury for most and still has the chance to make a ridiculous amount of money if he's actually as good as he thinks he is.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:21 pm
  • It would be epic to see Richard play wide-out for the Nov 3rd game, but doubt it's gonna happen.
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:19 pm
  • Cartire wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:1. You're making up a response about not talking when I didn't see that listed anywhere.

What are you talking about? The first thing Revis said was Sherman needs to shut his mouth. Did you read the article? My reply is, what is he talking about? Sherman has said crap forever.

2. See this link: Like I said, Sherman started it: https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/ ... 96/photo/1

It's also helpful here to remember that I like Sherman, and I like his general trash talk, but I'm also more than willing to bag on him when he does stupid crap (Like the Bayless interview).

He posted that a month prior to the whole Feud on twitter.

And who cares? I mean really. Hes posting his stats cause they are good. And everyone just assumes that its smack talk that needs to be haulted?

And this whole Fraternity crap is complete nonsense. Theyre on different teams. Since when has players not had heated smack talk back and forth from opposing teams (sf/sea anyone)? When did everyone becomes such a wuss that they cant handle the banter that comes with playing a competitive sport? And that includes the fans. Why in the world would people want this to stop? Its part of the competitive culture. In fact, I think football is the worst at this (meaning they dont banter enough). Everyone is always saying how great each player is in every interview. By the sounds of all the commentators and coaches and players, everyone who has ever played is the best player at their position, or has the most raw talent there.

This game needs more banter, not less.

sorry for the painful subject, but in general, this reminds me of the media flutter that happened, when j stevens suggested in an interview that the seahawks actually came to win sb XL. what a concept! :242735:
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:42 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:I'll probably get crucified for this, but Revis kind of has a point here.

Yeah, right on top of his head.
    Sherman wasn't locked into a pissing match with Revis so much as he was delivering shit to the people who tried to dis him, and he used his stats to a comparison to Revis, (numbers don't lie) to show that he wasn't being given any return respect by jerks like Skippy Bayles, and opposing Receivers across the LOS.
    Sherman has PROVEN that he's on a path to being an elite Corner, so not only does he talk the talk, he walks the walk.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:04 pm
  • I guarantee you Sherman doesn't fire back. Offseason marketing is over, time to focus on the Panthers.
    Beer Hawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:47 pm
  • Beer Hawk wrote:I guarantee you Sherman doesn't fire back. Offseason marketing is over, time to focus on the Panthers.

Sherman's sitting at home eating fruity pebbles laughing at this clown with milk running down his chin, because Sherman is in his head.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:49 pm
  • I kinda wonder if Sherman asked Pete if he could run a few offensive plays and maybe burn Revis, Sherman has the clout and Pete is competitive enough as well as always looking for his own edge, Sherman puts up and has Petes ear I'm sure, a TD against Revis would shut him up I would think.

Being a tall CB and a former WR he knows how to run a good route also.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:23 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:I'll probably get crucified for this, but Revis kind of has a point here.

I concur. For the most part, I'd say he's showing a bit of class.
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:01 am
  • So Revis gets butthurt because Sherman doesn't include him in his own personal list of best CBs of 2012 solely because he (Revis) was injured and Sherman is a loud mouth? Sherman said he feels he's the best CB in football...oh the disrespect! :sarcasm_off:

What was Sherman supposed to say? "Ah, well, you know, I'm not very good at the CB position..." Really?

Revis didn't have to respond to the question about Sherman and could have truly shown class by saying something along the lines of "We haven't said anything to each other since February, so I don't have anything to say now". That would have been true class.
    Medically Retired, 80% Disabled Navy Veteran - 1997 - 2009
    Yakimaniac
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:07 am
  • Worth reposting:
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:15 am
  • The Radish wrote:Hey this is all to funny. Its the media bringing it back up and thank them for doing so. All media attention is welcome.

Do none of you remember who started this "I am the greatest" stuff. (ok, Muhammad Ali did it first), but the first football player to do it was Neon Deon and he parlayed that talk into a couple of huge paydays and a wonderful career. The media couldn't wait to have him in a game so they could talk about him.

Its just talk people, enjoy it, in fact LOVE IT!!

So many here have whined about the Seahawks never getting any press. So shut up and enjoy the attention while we have it.

:roll:

I couldn't agree more. It struck me as dumb that Revis would include Deion Sanders as the first person he mentioned in reference to "respecting the game" when the guy was hands down, unequivocally, the most blatant self-promoter in the history of the NFL (with the exception of Brian Bosworth, lol..) I'm certain that the old school NFL players at the time didn't appreciate his braggadocio (complete with gangsta loc sunglasses and gold rope chains) but game recognizes game. In this day and age, social media reigns supreme and Sherman was simply promoting himself based on statistical fact.

He was statistically the best cornerback in the NFL last year, no question about it. Revis was injured, effectively excluding himself from the conversation of "best in the league". Anyone that wants to say, "well, Sherman had a great supporting cast." and serve that up as some sort of handicap, I got news for ya - defenses function as a unit. More specifically, secondaries function as a unit - possibly the most visceral of all units on the field (with the exception of the QB position). That's why every single one of our guys has garnered some sort of accolade over the past couple seasons - because opposing offenses have to pick their poison. With that being said, the amount of game changing plays Sherman made last year was amazing. Anyone who watched the Hawks play last year knows this. Anyone who says otherwise, is just plain ignorant. Again, game recognize game.

go hawks.
    "FIGHT MILK! The first alcoholic, dairy based, protein drink - for bodyguards, by bodyguards." - Mac
    seaNOmercy
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:20 am

It's not KINDA. He is right on. I love me some Sherman but Revis is right on. Just quiet down Sherm and continue showing you are better on the field!!
    hawksman53
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:24 am
  • Revis is the one who needs to earn it, frankly. Sherman proved it last year when he had the best season of any individual cornerback. Revis doesn't get to hold the crown just because he took a year off to rehab.
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:29 am
  • seaNOmercy wrote:
    The Radish wrote:Hey this is all to funny. Its the media bringing it back up and thank them for doing so. All media attention is welcome.

Do none of you remember who started this "I am the greatest" stuff. (ok, Muhammad Ali did it first), but the first football player to do it was Neon Deon and he parlayed that talk into a couple of huge paydays and a wonderful career. The media couldn't wait to have him in a game so they could talk about him.

Its just talk people, enjoy it, in fact LOVE IT!!

So many here have whined about the Seahawks never getting any press. So shut up and enjoy the attention while we have it.

:roll:

I couldn't agree more. It struck me as dumb that Revis would include Deion Sanders as the first person he mentioned in reference to "respecting the game" when the guy was hands down, unequivocally, the most blatant self-promoter in the history of the NFL (with the exception of Brian Bosworth, lol..) I'm certain that the old school NFL players at the time didn't appreciate his braggadocio (complete with gangsta loc sunglasses and gold rope chains) but game recognizes game. In this day and age, social media reigns supreme and Sherman was simply promoting himself based on statistical fact.

He was statistically the best cornerback in the NFL last year, no question about it. Revis was injured, effectively excluding himself from the conversation of "best in the league". Anyone that wants to say, "well, Sherman had a great supporting cast." and serve that up as some sort of handicap, I got news for ya - defenses function as a unit. More specifically, secondaries function as a unit - possibly the most visceral of all units on the field (with the exception of the QB position). That's why every single one of our guys has garnered some sort of accolade over the past couple seasons - because opposing offenses have to pick their poison. With that being said, the amount of game changing plays Sherman made last year was amazing. Anyone who watched the Hawks play last year knows this. Anyone who says otherwise, is just plain ignorant. Again, game recognize game.

go hawks.

I also agree completely. Deion was a great corner because he had game. However we all KNEW Deion had game because he fricken TOLD US he had game!!! He told us while next to a groin thrusting MC Hammer in a stuffed thong in the Pumps and a Bump video! Revis trying to paint corners as some kind of humble fraternity of lunch bucket blue collar dudes is beyond laughable. You're not linemen! You're not the long snapper! DB's are all about the `tude, which our guys have in spades. I fully expect to see Sherm in a twerking video with Molly Cyrus one day soon because that's exactly what dudes like Sherm DO!

I think it's funny that one of the oldest guys in here basically told everyone that "if it's too loud you're too old."
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:23 am
  • Deion was a rare, rare case. Sure, he self-promoted. But he rarely disrespected an opponent. In fact, he was almost always complimentary of his opponents, which is where Sherman has the ability to rub some folks the wrong way. Deion was a fantastic teammate and leader. He was an incredibly hard worker on the field, in the weight room, and in the film room, and you consistently hear some of the great all-time players and coaches that were around Deion sing his praises as a leader and professional.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:23 am
  • Sanders was too legit
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:42 am
  • Other great corners "paved the way" a LONG time before this dudes parents were born. = Tool Island
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:52 am
  • Stephen SeaHawking wrote:Revis is the one who needs to earn it, frankly. Sherman proved it last year when he had the best season of any individual cornerback. Revis doesn't get to hold the crown just because he took a year off to rehab.

Revis has earned it and then some, really? That's like saying if Deon or Darrell Green was hurt for a year and has to sit out, they shouldn't be considered two of the top corners to play the game, that's silly...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:27 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:Deion was a rare, rare case. Sure, he self-promoted. But he rarely disrespected an opponent. In fact, he was almost always complimentary of his opponents, which is where Sherman has the ability to rub some folks the wrong way. Deion was a fantastic teammate and leader. He was an incredibly hard worker on the field, in the weight room, and in the film room, and you consistently hear some of the great all-time players and coaches that were around Deion sing his praises as a leader and professional.

That actually sounds a lot like Sherm. Super teammate, super hard worker and our own future all time greats hold Sherm in very high regard as does Fitz. Yes, he talks a lot of ish on the field, but he's usually quite complimentary of his opponents afterward. Unless your name is Roddy White of course...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:16 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:Deion was a rare, rare case. Sure, he self-promoted. But he rarely disrespected an opponent. In fact, he was almost always complimentary of his opponents, which is where Sherman has the ability to rub some folks the wrong way. Deion was a fantastic teammate and leader. He was an incredibly hard worker on the field, in the weight room, and in the film room, and you consistently hear some of the great all-time players and coaches that were around Deion sing his praises as a leader and professional.

That actually sounds a lot like Sherm. Super teammate, super hard worker and our own future all time greats hold Sherm in very high regard as does Fitz. Yes, he talks a lot of ish on the field, but he's usually quite complimentary of his opponents afterward. Unless your name is Roddy White of course...

Pretty much, something happened on the field with Roddy White, I don't think we'll ever know but something caused that bad blood. Everyone else has a respect for Sherman, well maybe not the Redskins receivers either, but they learned their lessons getting banged around a little, I bet they knew who they were after that game.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 pm
  • Cartire wrote:
    1) Shermans last comment about Revis happened in February. The fact that Revis in the end of August is saying that Sherman needs to shut his mouth is stupid."

To be fair to Revis, he didn't say "hey before I answer your unrelated question, first lemme tell you how I feel about Richard Sherman."

The reporter brought it up again, to of course start some crap cause it's good for eyeballs on your article. I actually like Revis's answer. If it helps Richard compete harder to talk crap? Then go for, but this is not a battle he can win. When you put yourself on top, there's no where to go but down.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:31 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:Well, I guess we can all eagerly await Sherman's response soon.

“A lot of people need to have respect for this game. I’m not just talking about him. Respect what people have done to pave the way. Deion paved the way. Rod Woodson paved the way. Darrell Green. Mel Blount. Champ Bailey. Charles Woodson. Yeah, we’re the next group, but you don’t need to be getting into it with me. At the end of the day, this is a fraternity. We’re all in this together, competing. But you don’t have to shoot nobody else down.”

I can't believe we even need 4+ pages to discuss this!! Like others have said, Revis is just being one classy dude confronted with what some big-mouthed no-name said 6 months prior. He's on a whole other level from Sherm! Stats don't matter, and Sherman is whack for even talking about Revis/football in the same conversation!

On a cold and rainy Seattle afternoon, February 20, 2013, already a veteran member of the great DB fraternity, Revis used his deft experience and maturity to lay Ringworm's stats argument/boasting to waste with one simply yet respectful statement:

"@Revis24 My boy @JohnGeiger_ got more followers then @rsherman_25. Sit down young pup & wait your turn." :192214:

There should have been nothing left to say after that. All the rest is just noise... :251864:
    Snakeeyes007
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:44 pm
  • Snakeeyes007 wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:Well, I guess we can all eagerly await Sherman's response soon.

“A lot of people need to have respect for this game. I’m not just talking about him. Respect what people have done to pave the way. Deion paved the way. Rod Woodson paved the way. Darrell Green. Mel Blount. Champ Bailey. Charles Woodson. Yeah, we’re the next group, but you don’t need to be getting into it with me. At the end of the day, this is a fraternity. We’re all in this together, competing. But you don’t have to shoot nobody else down.”

I can't believe we even need 4+ pages to discuss this!! Like others have said, Revis is just being one classy dude confronted with what some big-mouthed no-name said 6 months prior. He's on a whole other level from Sherm! Stats don't matter, and Sherman is whack for even talking about Revis/football in the same conversation!

On a cold and rainy Seattle afternoon, February 20, 2013, already a veteran member of the great DB fraternity, Revis used his deft experience and maturity to lay Ringworm's stats argument/boasting to waste with one simply yet respectful statement:

"@Revis24 My boy @JohnGeiger_ got more followers then @rsherman_25. Sit down young pup & wait your turn." :192214:

There should have been nothing left to say after that. All the rest is just noise... :251864:

Ah I see...so stats don't matter, but Twitter followers do?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:00 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:Deion was a rare, rare case. Sure, he self-promoted. But he rarely disrespected an opponent. In fact, he was almost always complimentary of his opponents, which is where Sherman has the ability to rub some folks the wrong way. Deion was a fantastic teammate and leader. He was an incredibly hard worker on the field, in the weight room, and in the film room, and you consistently hear some of the great all-time players and coaches that were around Deion sing his praises as a leader and professional.

When has Sherman come out and dissed an opponent though?
    The only one I can think of is Roddy White, and that's only been in response to White's jawing.

If this isn't complimentary, what is?
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... in-league/

People kept talking about White getting into Sherman's head, but Sherman gets into your head in the game, and clearly White has been a little upset about it. Revis seems like he's of the same mental fortitude.

That said, I remember him dissing AJ Green after his first start.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:04 pm
  • themunn wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:Deion was a rare, rare case. Sure, he self-promoted. But he rarely disrespected an opponent. In fact, he was almost always complimentary of his opponents, which is where Sherman has the ability to rub some folks the wrong way. Deion was a fantastic teammate and leader. He was an incredibly hard worker on the field, in the weight room, and in the film room, and you consistently hear some of the great all-time players and coaches that were around Deion sing his praises as a leader and professional.

When has Sherman come out and dissed an opponent though?
    The only one I can think of is Roddy White, and that's only been in response to White's jawing.

If this isn't complimentary, what is?
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... in-league/

People kept talking about White getting into Sherman's head, but Sherman gets into your head in the game, and clearly White has been a little upset about it. Revis seems like he's of the same mental fortitude.

That said, I remember him dissing AJ Green after his first start.

I think the Green situation had to do with something in college. Not exactly sure what happened but I recall hearing they had a little history there
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:09 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:I think the Green situation had to do with something in college. Not exactly sure what happened but I recall hearing they had a little history there

I don't think their paths ever crossed at college?

I always took it as a bit of that chip-on-the-shoulder "this guy was picked 4th overall and I'm a 5th round pick, but who do you think was better out there today"?

Considering it was after his first game I think he probably had a word in the ear and it's no surprise we haven't since heard anything like it about an opposing player after a game
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:49 pm
  • themunn wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:I think the Green situation had to do with something in college. Not exactly sure what happened but I recall hearing they had a little history there

I don't think their paths ever crossed at college?

I always took it as a bit of that chip-on-the-shoulder "this guy was picked 4th overall and I'm a 5th round pick, but who do you think was better out there today"?

Considering it was after his first game I think he probably had a word in the ear and it's no surprise we haven't since heard anything like it about an opposing player after a game

My mistake. I swear he said something before the game as well but it looks like just 2 competitive players going at it.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:29 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:Revis, you got your money, quit whining.

He got his money before too, it just wasn't enough to be the highest paid corner. He had to destroy all capability of the team to keep good players AND be the highest paid corner.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:15 pm
  • So it seems the media types want to milk this for as much as they can.

Exhibit A

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn

Admire @RSherman_25, know he follows me. This unsolicited from NFL OC on him vs. @Revis24: "Like comparing Cam Newton to Peyton Manning."
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:05 pm
  • “A lot of people need to have respect for this game. I’m not just talking about him. Respect what people have done to pave the way. Deion paved the way. Rod Woodson paved the way. Darrell Green. Mel Blount. Champ Bailey. Charles Woodson. Yeah, we’re the next group, but you don’t need to be getting into it with me. At the end of the day, this is a fraternity. We’re all in this together, competing. But you don’t have to shoot nobody else down.”

There should have been nothing left to say after that. All the rest is just noise... :251864:[/quote]

-The Glove- wrote:Ah I see...so stats don't matter, but Twitter followers do?

You, sir Glove, are correct! That is what Revis was trying to get our Stanford knucklehead to understand from near the beginning! If Sherm dares dream of someday joining the elite DB fraternity that Revis paid homage to, he has to get his Twitter follows up. Plain and simple. I mean, can you imagine how many followers Deion, Darrell, and Rod would have had in their playing days!?! That is the true test of a great DB...
    Last edited by Snakeeyes007 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Snakeeyes007
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:22 pm
  • Come on Snakeguy, Revis was based out of NY and had a 3-4 year advantage over the upstart Sherman. Twitter follower stats have nothing to do with reality, more with hype. Go over to the Bucs board if you want to protect the honor of your assumed classy guy. A real classy move would have been to say no comment when Jarrett tried to couch the conversation with that loaded question.

Revis is acknowledged by his peers and coaches as a unique talent. The best for a nice duration. Sherman's mistake is to interact with yahoos like yours truly, who are just trolling to cause more drama. He used the gold standard to compare his career to date and folks that like twisting things have it as Sherman dissing Revis. Sherman invites the trolls because he decided to play outside the accepted role mid-level picks are supposed to take. So he invited this noise and now we get to read folks like you disparage the guy.

Please get the games on so this silliness can stop or at least fall to the background.

This is some straight up drama that the media is trying to whip up. Don't fall into the trap. Or at least take it up in the NFL Forum.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:31 pm
  • OMG people, if you're going to post, how about spelling things correctly and using the correct grammar?

In this one thread alone I've seen people butcher the English language so badly that I want to throw up.

Incorrect words used: "to" instead of "too", "quite" instead of "quiet", "than" instead of "then".

Sheesh!

It got so bad, I forgot why I was reading the frigging thread to begin with.

LOL

Back to lurk mode...
    Joe Zulaski
    ZLDRider
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:50 pm
  • ZLDRider wrote:OMG people, if you're going to post, how about spelling things correctly and using the correct grammar?

In this one thread alone I've seen people butcher the English language so badly that I want to throw up.

Incorrect words used: "to" instead of "too", "quite" instead of "quiet", "than" instead of "then".

Sheesh!

LOL

Back to lurk mode...

iRo's new smurf account discovered
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:54 pm
  • I'll take the guy going into his Third year that is coming up FAST. Sherm hasn't even begun to peak and could be considered the best CB i the league. Sherm can pass Revis in total INTs, TDs, and sacks this season if he can duplicate what he did last year, and Revis shows signs of degradation.

That doesn't bode well for Revis, who is his Seventh year and coming off an ACL that (seemingly) took forever to heal.

By the end of next season it won't even be a discussion (IMHO), and that's breaking down the situation for what it is (fandom aside). Sherm is on notice now, people are going to actually watch his games, and not just react to articles/stories because he's some guy in a war of words.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:12 pm
  • drdiags wrote:Come on Snakeguy, Revis was based out of NY and had a 3-4 year advantage over the upstart Sherman. Twitter follower stats have nothing to do with reality, more with hype. Go over to the Bucs board if you want to protect the honor of your assumed classy guy. A real classy move would have been to say no comment when Jarrett tried to couch the conversation with that loaded question.

All :stirthepot: aside, by the mere fact that Revis used Twitter followers as a way to 'put Sherman and his stats talk in their place', I don't think it's fair to assume that Revis knew saying "no comment" was an option for him. If I had to wager a guess, sometime between February and last week, Champ pulled him aside quietly and said, "Darrelle, from one elite DB to another, you know I respect your game right?...Good. So listen, about this public thing you've got going with Richard, I know your pride was hurt by things with the Jets and you didn't get to show what you are capable of on the field last year, but stop talking out of your @$$ about Twitter followers and junk while trying to one-up our boy in Seattle. I know, he talks too much for my taste too, but he did have a monster season and if he keeps it up, we're going to hear his name mentioned with ours a lot in the future. This nonsense is making us [DB's] all look bad. If you keep this up, we're going to start getting compared to those divas we line up against each week! Here is what you should have said in the first place...[insert response to Jarrett here]." If I'm close to accurate, Revis has been practicing that speech since Champ set him straight, and he's been chomping at the bit to make it!

drdiags wrote:Sherman invites the trolls because he decided to play outside the accepted role mid-level picks are supposed to take. So he invited this noise and now we get to read folks like you disparage the guy.

:th104: I thought my using Revis's 'Twitter followers argument vs. actual football stats' to counter the 'hey look at the classy guy just trying to focus on what's important!' defense was self-explanatory irony, but I see I needed the :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off: symbols to rein in potential mis-readings. I've mainly been a reader of our boards since 2009, and though I've observed many of the nuances, I see I still have lessons to learn about proper conveyence of thoughts/ideas here.

Please get the games on so this silliness can stop or at least fall to the background. :retard_clap: I could not agree more, Dr. D!
    Snakeeyes007
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:27 pm
  • ZLDRider wrote:OMG people, if you're going to post, how about spelling things correctly and using the correct grammar?

Sheesh!

LOL

Back to lurk mode...

And hear we go again with this stuff!! :thfight7:

Why can't you just leave people alone with there grammar issues?! Your just one of those guys whom thinks he's better than other people cause you did good in school. You're pride is sickening! I bet you think Revis is better than Sherman two, don't yew?

You should be quite if you can't be nice too others, ZLD!

(Did I need to use the 'sarcasm smilies' and highlight my grammatical/spelling innacuracies on this post to?)
    Snakeeyes007
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:55 pm
  • My bad Snake. I feel like the old SNL skit "Nevermind ...". DOOH!
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:22 pm
  • I got the irony Snake, but I'm SUPER hip. I have 2 Macklemore albums.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:33 pm
  • Revis would have done well to let the whole issue die. Now, he's painted himself in a corner. As talented as he is, it will be very hard, if not impossible, for him to prove (without a doubt) that he is superior to Sherman. All he's doing is proving Sherman is the smarter of the two.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information