Revis going after Sherman

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":9pae97qn said:
I'll probably get crucified for this, but Revis kind of has a point here.
I concur. For the most part, I'd say he's showing a bit of class.

Yakimaniac

Reaction score
So Revis gets butthurt because Sherman doesn't include him in his own personal list of best CBs of 2012 solely because he (Revis) was injured and Sherman is a loud mouth? Sherman said he feels he's the best CB in football...oh the disrespect! :sarcasm_off:

What was Sherman supposed to say? "Ah, well, you know, I'm not very good at the CB position..." Really?

Revis didn't have to respond to the question about Sherman and could have truly shown class by saying something along the lines of "We haven't said anything to each other since February, so I don't have anything to say now". That would have been true class.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
The Radish":ae2hp74g said:
Hey this is all to funny. Its the media bringing it back up and thank them for doing so. All media attention is welcome.

Do none of you remember who started this "I am the greatest" stuff. (ok, Muhammad Ali did it first), but the first football player to do it was Neon Deon and he parlayed that talk into a couple of huge paydays and a wonderful career. The media couldn't wait to have him in a game so they could talk about him.

Its just talk people, enjoy it, in fact LOVE IT!!

So many here have whined about the Seahawks never getting any press. So shut up and enjoy the attention while we have it.

:roll:

I couldn't agree more. It struck me as dumb that Revis would include Deion Sanders as the first person he mentioned in reference to "respecting the game" when the guy was hands down, unequivocally, the most blatant self-promoter in the history of the NFL (with the exception of Brian Bosworth, lol..) I'm certain that the old school NFL players at the time didn't appreciate his braggadocio (complete with gangsta loc sunglasses and gold rope chains) but game recognizes game. In this day and age, social media reigns supreme and Sherman was simply promoting himself based on statistical fact.

He was statistically the best cornerback in the NFL last year, no question about it. Revis was injured, effectively excluding himself from the conversation of "best in the league". Anyone that wants to say, "well, Sherman had a great supporting cast." and serve that up as some sort of handicap, I got news for ya - defenses function as a unit. More specifically, secondaries function as a unit - possibly the most visceral of all units on the field (with the exception of the QB position). That's why every single one of our guys has garnered some sort of accolade over the past couple seasons - because opposing offenses have to pick their poison. With that being said, the amount of game changing plays Sherman made last year was amazing. Anyone who watched the Hawks play last year knows this. Anyone who says otherwise, is just plain ignorant. Again, game recognize game.

go hawks.

hawksman53

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":5ressd7p said:
I'll probably get crucified for this, but Revis kind of has a point here.
It's not KINDA. He is right on. I love me some Sherman but Revis is right on. Just quiet down Sherm and continue showing you are better on the field!!

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
Revis is the one who needs to earn it, frankly. Sherman proved it last year when he had the best season of any individual cornerback. Revis doesn't get to hold the crown just because he took a year off to rehab.

CANHawk

Reaction score
seaNOmercy":1wye64fb said:
The Radish":1wye64fb said:
Hey this is all to funny. Its the media bringing it back up and thank them for doing so. All media attention is welcome.

Do none of you remember who started this "I am the greatest" stuff. (ok, Muhammad Ali did it first), but the first football player to do it was Neon Deon and he parlayed that talk into a couple of huge paydays and a wonderful career. The media couldn't wait to have him in a game so they could talk about him.

Its just talk people, enjoy it, in fact LOVE IT!!

So many here have whined about the Seahawks never getting any press. So shut up and enjoy the attention while we have it.

:roll:

I couldn't agree more. It struck me as dumb that Revis would include Deion Sanders as the first person he mentioned in reference to "respecting the game" when the guy was hands down, unequivocally, the most blatant self-promoter in the history of the NFL (with the exception of Brian Bosworth, lol..) I'm certain that the old school NFL players at the time didn't appreciate his braggadocio (complete with gangsta loc sunglasses and gold rope chains) but game recognizes game. In this day and age, social media reigns supreme and Sherman was simply promoting himself based on statistical fact.

He was statistically the best cornerback in the NFL last year, no question about it. Revis was injured, effectively excluding himself from the conversation of "best in the league". Anyone that wants to say, "well, Sherman had a great supporting cast." and serve that up as some sort of handicap, I got news for ya - defenses function as a unit. More specifically, secondaries function as a unit - possibly the most visceral of all units on the field (with the exception of the QB position). That's why every single one of our guys has garnered some sort of accolade over the past couple seasons - because opposing offenses have to pick their poison. With that being said, the amount of game changing plays Sherman made last year was amazing. Anyone who watched the Hawks play last year knows this. Anyone who says otherwise, is just plain ignorant. Again, game recognize game.

go hawks.

I also agree completely. Deion was a great corner because he had game. However we all KNEW Deion had game because he fricken TOLD US he had game!!! He told us while next to a groin thrusting MC Hammer in a stuffed thong in the Pumps and a Bump video! Revis trying to paint corners as some kind of humble fraternity of lunch bucket blue collar dudes is beyond laughable. You're not linemen! You're not the long snapper! DB's are all about the `tude, which our guys have in spades. I fully expect to see Sherm in a twerking video with Molly Cyrus one day soon because that's exactly what dudes like Sherm DO!

I think it's funny that one of the oldest guys in here basically told everyone that "if it's too loud you're too old."

Tical21

Reaction score
Deion was a rare, rare case. Sure, he self-promoted. But he rarely disrespected an opponent. In fact, he was almost always complimentary of his opponents, which is where Sherman has the ability to rub some folks the wrong way. Deion was a fantastic teammate and leader. He was an incredibly hard worker on the field, in the weight room, and in the film room, and you consistently hear some of the great all-time players and coaches that were around Deion sing his praises as a leader and professional.

Largent80

Reaction score
Other great corners "paved the way" a LONG time before this dudes parents were born. = Tool Island

hawker84

Reaction score
Stephen SeaHawking":18qopoku said:
Revis is the one who needs to earn it, frankly. Sherman proved it last year when he had the best season of any individual cornerback. Revis doesn't get to hold the crown just because he took a year off to rehab.

Revis has earned it and then some, really? That's like saying if Deon or Darrell Green was hurt for a year and has to sit out, they shouldn't be considered two of the top corners to play the game, that's silly...

CANHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":3myouogw said:
Deion was a rare, rare case. Sure, he self-promoted. But he rarely disrespected an opponent. In fact, he was almost always complimentary of his opponents, which is where Sherman has the ability to rub some folks the wrong way. Deion was a fantastic teammate and leader. He was an incredibly hard worker on the field, in the weight room, and in the film room, and you consistently hear some of the great all-time players and coaches that were around Deion sing his praises as a leader and professional.

That actually sounds a lot like Sherm. Super teammate, super hard worker and our own future all time greats hold Sherm in very high regard as does Fitz. Yes, he talks a lot of ish on the field, but he's usually quite complimentary of his opponents afterward. Unless your name is Roddy White of course...

Throwdown

Reaction score
CANHawk":3oubezda said:
Tical21":3oubezda said:

That actually sounds a lot like Sherm. Super teammate, super hard worker and our own future all time greats hold Sherm in very high regard as does Fitz. Yes, he talks a lot of ish on the field, but he's usually quite complimentary of his opponents afterward. Unless your name is Roddy White of course...

Pretty much, something happened on the field with Roddy White, I don't think we'll ever know but something caused that bad blood. Everyone else has a respect for Sherman, well maybe not the Redskins receivers either, but they learned their lessons getting banged around a little, I bet they knew who they were after that game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cartire":3tb1ac4v said:
1) Shermans last comment about Revis happened in February. The fact that Revis in the end of August is saying that Sherman needs to shut his mouth is stupid."

To be fair to Revis, he didn't say "hey before I answer your unrelated question, first lemme tell you how I feel about Richard Sherman."

The reporter brought it up again, to of course start some crap cause it's good for eyeballs on your article. I actually like Revis's answer. If it helps Richard compete harder to talk crap? Then go for, but this is not a battle he can win. When you put yourself on top, there's no where to go but down.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2vtf2dh0 said:
Well, I guess we can all eagerly await Sherman's response soon.

“A lot of people need to have respect for this game. I’m not just talking about him. Respect what people have done to pave the way. Deion paved the way. Rod Woodson paved the way. Darrell Green. Mel Blount. Champ Bailey. Charles Woodson. Yeah, we’re the next group, but you don’t need to be getting into it with me. At the end of the day, this is a fraternity. We’re all in this together, competing. But you don’t have to shoot nobody else down.”

I can't believe we even need 4+ pages to discuss this!! Like others have said, Revis is just being one classy dude confronted with what some big-mouthed no-name said 6 months prior. He's on a whole other level from Sherm! Stats don't matter, and Sherman is whack for even talking about Revis/football in the same conversation!

On a cold and rainy Seattle afternoon, February 20, 2013, already a veteran member of the great DB fraternity, Revis used his deft experience and maturity to lay Ringworm's stats argument/boasting to waste with one simply yet respectful statement:

"@Revis24 My boy @JohnGeiger_ got more followers then @rsherman_25. Sit down young pup & wait your turn." :192214:

There should have been nothing left to say after that. All the rest is just noise... :251864:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":24u0p1z1 said:
HawkFan72":24u0p1z1 said:
Well, I guess we can all eagerly await Sherman's response soon.

“A lot of people need to have respect for this game. I’m not just talking about him. Respect what people have done to pave the way. Deion paved the way. Rod Woodson paved the way. Darrell Green. Mel Blount. Champ Bailey. Charles Woodson. Yeah, we’re the next group, but you don’t need to be getting into it with me. At the end of the day, this is a fraternity. We’re all in this together, competing. But you don’t have to shoot nobody else down.”

I can't believe we even need 4+ pages to discuss this!! Like others have said, Revis is just being one classy dude confronted with what some big-mouthed no-name said 6 months prior. He's on a whole other level from Sherm! Stats don't matter, and Sherman is whack for even talking about Revis/football in the same conversation!

On a cold and rainy Seattle afternoon, February 20, 2013, already a veteran member of the great DB fraternity, Revis used his deft experience and maturity to lay Ringworm's stats argument/boasting to waste with one simply yet respectful statement:

"@Revis24 My boy @JohnGeiger_ got more followers then @rsherman_25. Sit down young pup & wait your turn." :192214:

There should have been nothing left to say after that. All the rest is just noise... :251864:
Ah I see...so stats don't matter, but Twitter followers do?

themunn

Reaction score
Tical21":1awrngod said:

When has Sherman come out and dissed an opponent though?
The only one I can think of is Roddy White, and that's only been in response to White's jawing.

If this isn't complimentary, what is?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... in-league/

People kept talking about White getting into Sherman's head, but Sherman gets into your head in the game, and clearly White has been a little upset about it. Revis seems like he's of the same mental fortitude.

That said, I remember him dissing AJ Green after his first start.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
themunn":1r4ppjx6 said:
Tical21":1r4ppjx6 said:

When has Sherman come out and dissed an opponent though?
The only one I can think of is Roddy White, and that's only been in response to White's jawing.

If this isn't complimentary, what is?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... in-league/

People kept talking about White getting into Sherman's head, but Sherman gets into your head in the game, and clearly White has been a little upset about it. Revis seems like he's of the same mental fortitude.

That said, I remember him dissing AJ Green after his first start.

I think the Green situation had to do with something in college. Not exactly sure what happened but I recall hearing they had a little history there

themunn

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1dnsarjb said:
I think the Green situation had to do with something in college. Not exactly sure what happened but I recall hearing they had a little history there

I don't think their paths ever crossed at college?

I always took it as a bit of that chip-on-the-shoulder "this guy was picked 4th overall and I'm a 5th round pick, but who do you think was better out there today"?

Considering it was after his first game I think he probably had a word in the ear and it's no surprise we haven't since heard anything like it about an opposing player after a game

-The Glove-

Reaction score
themunn":3703ewnl said:
-The Glove-":3703ewnl said:

I don't think their paths ever crossed at college?

I always took it as a bit of that chip-on-the-shoulder "this guy was picked 4th overall and I'm a 5th round pick, but who do you think was better out there today"?

Considering it was after his first game I think he probably had a word in the ear and it's no surprise we haven't since heard anything like it about an opposing player after a game
My mistake. I swear he said something before the game as well but it looks like just 2 competitive players going at it.