Revis going after Sherman

sutz

Reaction score
The Radish":kzyy78oq said:
Hey this is all to funny. Its the media bringing it back up and thank them for doing so. All media attention is welcome.

Do none of you remember who started this "I am the greatest" stuff. (ok, Muhammad Ali did it first), but the first football player to do it was Neon Deon and he parlayed that talk into a couple of huge paydays and a wonderful career. The media couldn't wait to have him in a game so they could talk about him.

Its just talk people, enjoy it, in fact LOVE IT!!

So many here have whined about the Seahawks never getting any press. So shut up and enjoy the attention while we have it.

:roll:
Yep. Mission accomplished. Media puts out a BS story with some questionable factoids and people start jawing at each other.

formido

Reaction score
Sherman started a beef with Revis and it got him and the Seahawks the press he and we richly deserved. There's no way Sherman would have the profile he has today if he hadn't done it. Since then, he hasn't been going out of his way to talk about Revis. He got what he needed. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":8gxqnfdb said:
Cartire":8gxqnfdb said:
Sarlacc83":8gxqnfdb said:
I'll probably get crucified for this, but Revis kind of has a point here.

Ill start.

1) Shermans last comment about Revis happened in February. The fact that Revis in the end of August is saying that Sherman needs to shut his mouth is stupid.

2) The whole twitter battle started when Sherman proclaimed to be the best CB (because of his stats) and didnt mention Revis as a top 5 corner (which then Revis responded and the whole fued started)

So no. Revis has no point. And worse, he has zero ability to see a baited question from a reporter coming. He should have replied with "That happened over 6 months ago. Why are you still talking about this?"

Revis brought it up again because somebody asked him about it. He didn't just randomly bring it up again. He wasn't coming down on Sherman, he was just saying that you can't crown yourself as the best at anything, you have to earn it. I agree completely with this statement, and think that at this point in their careers both have a legitimate argument (along with a few other guys honestly). He also said that he had nothing against Sherman. Don't be homers and just blame Revis for bringing up old issues, pay attention t what was actually said before forming your opinions.
FYI, just so you don't think I'm a Sherman hater I did just purchase his jersey to wear to home games this year, and it is widely known by the guys I tailgate with that he is my favorite current Hawk. I just am looking at the whole picture instead of one side of it through blue and green tinted glasses.

I think your missing the point. The point is he got suckered into making an indepth comment. That shows that either A) He's completley ignorant in dealing with the media, or B) Sherman is under his skin. All he had to say to the reporter was that was old news and that he looked forward to proving to the world that he's the best. There's really no need to even mention Sherman. Instead he talks as if Sherman is on every show dissing Revis. which isn't the case.

In my mind these comments make Revis look petty and insecure.

mikeak

Reaction score
Revis is telling management that he is the best CB in the league EVERY SINGLE YEAR when he asks for a new contract. Is he giving any of that to those that came before him? Where is the respect that he supposedly gives to guys ahead of him?

Maybe if he shut up and started spending more time on the game than he does asking for more money then people wouldn't compare themselves to him at all times. He asks to be paid as the BEST CB and yet is surprised that others are are comparing themselves to him......

FUNNY

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Who cares? I mean Sherm hasn't even mentioned it for a good 5-6 months and now Revis brings it up out of nowhere, shm.

chris98251

Reaction score
Revis isn't in NY anymore, he doesn't have mdia knocking down his door, he does have a good amount of Wheel Chairs parked outside the practice facility I imagine in Tampa and needed to generate some interest.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Maybe the Jets wouldn't suck so bad if Revis didn't insist on eating so much of their cap that they had to sever ties with the guy. Every single year he wanted a new contract. It was constant. Five minutes after signing a contract he wanted a new one. This is the guy who referred to himself as "Revis Island" and totally kissed the NY media's butt so they would do his bidding by airing his contract gripes. Now he is talking about a fraternity and this and that since he's stuck in Tampa and can't threaten to sit out in yet another contract dispute? Amazing how quickly things change when another guy comes on the scene and is recognized as possibly better than you. What Revis wants to say is that there is a pecking order: 1- Revis a distant 2- Everybody else.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Revis sounds like a head case. The whole thing started when fans of other teams tweeted at Sherman telling him Revis was better. Sherman simply posted his stats and all mayhem broke loose. Why should Revis care about exchanges between fans and Sherman?

truehawksfan

Reaction score
two - five.
-you were voted first team All-Pro, so I think he's backing up talk with his play.

-got on the cover of SI.

-is a part of the best secondary in the league.

Revis has had zero press. So....

Just keep doin what you do. Love the attitude. Love the play.

Legion of boom!

McG

Reaction score
100% chance this guy is on pain pills. He probably doesn't remember much these days, enjoy the Tampa humidity moron.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Cartire":36lzhdvx said:
Sarlacc83":36lzhdvx said:

Ill start.

1) Shermans last comment about Revis happened in February. The fact that Revis in the end of August is saying that Sherman needs to shut his mouth is stupid.

2) The whole twitter battle started when Sherman proclaimed to be the best CB (because of his stats) and didnt mention Revis as a top 5 corner (which then Revis responded and the whole fued started)

So no. Revis has no point. And worse, he has zero ability to see a baited question from a reporter coming. He should have replied with "That happened over 6 months ago. Why are you still talking about this?"
This covers it nicely. My advice to Revis? Shut up, take your silly amount of money and don't whine when your lunch is stolen this November.

Actually he should appreciate that he's able to come back from a career ending injury for most and still has the chance to make a ridiculous amount of money if he's actually as good as he thinks he is.

zhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":vie7w8q7 said:
Sarlacc83":vie7w8q7 said:
1. You're making up a response about not talking when I didn't see that listed anywhere.

What are you talking about? The first thing Revis said was Sherman needs to shut his mouth. Did you read the article? My reply is, what is he talking about? Sherman has said crap forever.

2. See this link: Like I said, Sherman started it: https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/ ... 96/photo/1

It's also helpful here to remember that I like Sherman, and I like his general trash talk, but I'm also more than willing to bag on him when he does stupid crap (Like the Bayless interview).

He posted that a month prior to the whole Feud on twitter.

And who cares? I mean really. Hes posting his stats cause they are good. And everyone just assumes that its smack talk that needs to be haulted?

And this whole Fraternity crap is complete nonsense. Theyre on different teams. Since when has players not had heated smack talk back and forth from opposing teams (sf/sea anyone)? When did everyone becomes such a wuss that they cant handle the banter that comes with playing a competitive sport? And that includes the fans. Why in the world would people want this to stop? Its part of the competitive culture. In fact, I think football is the worst at this (meaning they dont banter enough). Everyone is always saying how great each player is in every interview. By the sounds of all the commentators and coaches and players, everyone who has ever played is the best player at their position, or has the most raw talent there.

This game needs more banter, not less.

sorry for the painful subject, but in general, this reminds me of the media flutter that happened, when j stevens suggested in an interview that the seahawks actually came to win sb XL. what a concept! :242735:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1croyrp9 said:
Yeah, right on top of his head.
Sherman wasn't locked into a pissing match with Revis so much as he was delivering shit to the people who tried to dis him, and he used his stats to a comparison to Revis, (numbers don't lie) to show that he wasn't being given any return respect by jerks like Skippy Bayles, and opposing Receivers across the LOS.
Sherman has PROVEN that he's on a path to being an elite Corner, so not only does he talk the talk, he walks the walk.

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
I guarantee you Sherman doesn't fire back. Offseason marketing is over, time to focus on the Panthers.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":2ycmxwyj said:
I guarantee you Sherman doesn't fire back. Offseason marketing is over, time to focus on the Panthers.

Sherman's sitting at home eating fruity pebbles laughing at this clown with milk running down his chin, because Sherman is in his head.

chris98251

Reaction score
I kinda wonder if Sherman asked Pete if he could run a few offensive plays and maybe burn Revis, Sherman has the clout and Pete is competitive enough as well as always looking for his own edge, Sherman puts up and has Petes ear I'm sure, a TD against Revis would shut him up I would think.

Being a tall CB and a former WR he knows how to run a good route also.