12th man Flag Raiser Week 2

legend38

Reaction score
:13:
RolandDeschain":72s2h98o said:
JSeahawks":72s2h98o said:
truehawksfan":72s2h98o said:
You want to break the record for the loudest stadium.....Macklemore.

Macklemore could be standing next to me right now and i'd have no clue who he was. I bet 75% of the stadium (especially those over 40) would be in the same boat.
Even my mom, a Packers fan living in Portland that does't listen to music made in this millennium, knows who Macklemore is. Give me a break, grandpa; 75%? No way.
:13: Ya,your way off.

McGruff

Reaction score
I'm 41 and a lifetime Washington resident, and while i'v e heard the name I wouldn't recognize his music or face.

If we're going music I'd much rather have Eddie Vedder, Dave Grohl or Ann and Nancy Wilson.

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
Holmgren would be a good choice. It should be to someone from the 05 super bowl team. If this is one of the official attempts for the world record, When are the other two attempts going to be made?

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
Holmgren gets peolpe excited because he lead us to the big game and that is where we're hoping to be again this year

SharkHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":39puc6p8 said:
I'm 41 and a lifetime Washington resident, and while i'v e heard the name I wouldn't recognize his music or face.

If we're going music I'd much rather have Eddie Vedder, Dave Grohl or Ann and Nancy Wilson.

Dave Grohl is from Virginia and is a Redskins fan. I'd like him to appear too, but I know he's not some big Hawk fan because he was in Nirvana way back.

Believe me... if you've seen any movie preview this summer or watched tv then you've heard Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. They have that "Can't Hold Us" song (tonight is the night.. we'll fight til it's over... so we'll put our hands up like the ceiling can't hold us... like the ceiling can't hold us) on at least three major movie trailers running over and over this year. I saw it on R.I.P.D., Jobs, and Grudge Match as well as during the NBA playoffs (he told OKC to stop playing it before their games), and some Microsoft commercial about email or some crud.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I believe that RockHawk should raise the big ol 12.

He is a season ticket holder, a superfan, a gentleman, a great dad & husband. Not to mention, easy on the eyes for the lady folk.

We should all try to at least aim to be as decent a man, although we fall short.

Praise RockHawk! Praise the 12th Man! Go Hawks!

Chapman

Reaction score
Brandon Roy? The ex trail blazer?
How is he Seahawks related. Macklemore is meh?
Walter Jones, Shaun Alexander, or Brian Blades would be cool. Lofa as well.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
McGruff":1a6llren said:
Just youtubed Macklemore, and didn't recognize a single song.

Never heard of the fellow! We need to have someone associated with the Hawks organization raise the flag.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Who is this Mclemore feller ..... Is this his or her first or last name?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Chapman":126d00zt said:
Brandon Roy? The ex trail blazer?
How is he Seahawks related.

Grew up in Seattle. Went to Garfield High School in Seattle. Went to University of Washington in Seattle. Played for a team owned by the owner of the Seahawks.

I would prefer that it was all ex-Seahawks, even if it means guys doing it for a 3rd or 4th time. But if they're just choosing people who represent Seattle, B. Roy would be a good one.