Revis going after Sherman

bellingerga

Reaction score
this is what I posted in the comments section of that story and I stand by it.

"Sherman hasn't said a word about Revis since what, 7 or 8 months ago? This is Dan Hanzus, not having enough brain power to write a story with substance so he's trying to stir up crap. Sports "writers" like hanzus are nothing short of tabloid journalists, with less talent."

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Sherman must still be in his head, maroon should probably focus on returning to the island.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Cartire":2tdjvzid said:
Sarlacc83":2tdjvzid said:
You didn't address what Revis said, though, and instead are arguing that he has no point based on motive.

He told Jarrett Bell of USA Today that Sherman should stop the talk about being the best cornerback in football that started while Revis was hurt last season because “you can’t crown yourself as anything” in the NFL. He also suggested Sherman try to find a different way of building up his own game than by trying to tear down Revis.

1. Stop the talk. Once again, what talk, this happened in February. The Talk has been stopped.

2. Trying to tear down Revis. Again, when did he do that? All he said is he didnt include him in his top 5 because he didnt play last year. Where in the world did he tear him down?

Did that answer your question?

1. You're making up a response about not talking when I didn't see that listed anywhere.

2. See this link: Like I said, Sherman started it: https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/ ... 96/photo/1

It's also helpful here to remember that I like Sherman, and I like his general trash talk, but I'm also more than willing to bag on him when he does stupid crap (Like the Bayless interview).

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The funny thing is Sherman never tore down Revis. He only put his stats next to his. Revis, as an athlete and competitive person, should understand that to be the best, you have to put yourself up against the best. And that's what he did with the numbers. He even said Revis is the best before the injury and he's definitely back in that conversation when he's healthy.

lukerguy

Reaction score
HawkFan72":36oq17ak said:
Well, I guess we can all eagerly await Sherman's response soon.

He told Jarrett Bell of USA Today that Sherman should stop the talk about being the best cornerback in football that started while Revis was hurt last season because “you can’t crown yourself as anything” in the NFL. He also suggested Sherman try to find a different way of building up his own game than by trying to tear down Revis.

“He needs to quit attaching his career to my career,” Revis said. “A lot of people need to have respect for this game. I’m not just talking about him. Respect what people have done to pave the way. Deion paved the way. Rod Woodson paved the way. Darrell Green. Mel Blount. Champ Bailey. Charles Woodson. Yeah, we’re the next group, but you don’t need to be getting into it with me. At the end of the day, this is a fraternity. We’re all in this together, competing. But you don’t have to shoot nobody else down.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-sherman-stop-attaching-your-career-to-mine/

Don't hate me for this, but I sort of agree with Revis. I think Sherman needs to take the name Revis out of his vocabulary. If he does what he has done for the next 5 years, he won't have to worry about getting the respect of the #1 CB in football- he will be.

lukerguy

Reaction score
-The Glove-":22wmhp2m said:
The funny thing is Sherman never tore down Revis. He only put his stats next to his. Revis, as an athlete and competitive person, should understand that to be the best, you have to put yourself up against the best. And that's what he did with the numbers. He even said Revis is the best before the injury and he's definitely back in that conversation when he's healthy.

Yeah, but still, why do that? You don't see Megatron saying, "Hey, look at my stats versus Andre Johnson. I'm the new best". People already recognized it.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
When Revis says "He needs to quit attaching his career to my career," he's feeling threatened. For a salty all pro, best in the league type, Revis sure got trolled pretty easily in this recent gaggle!

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Cartire":255b9ttj said:
Sarlacc83":255b9ttj said:
I'll probably get crucified for this, but Revis kind of has a point here.

Ill start.

1) Shermans last comment about Revis happened in February. The fact that Revis in the end of August is saying that Sherman needs to shut his mouth is stupid.

2) The whole twitter battle started when Sherman proclaimed to be the best CB (because of his stats) and didnt mention Revis as a top 5 corner (which then Revis responded and the whole fued started)

So no. Revis has no point. And worse, he has zero ability to see a baited question from a reporter coming. He should have replied with "That happened over 6 months ago. Why are you still talking about this?"

Revis brought it up again because somebody asked him about it. He didn't just randomly bring it up again. He wasn't coming down on Sherman, he was just saying that you can't crown yourself as the best at anything, you have to earn it. I agree completely with this statement, and think that at this point in their careers both have a legitimate argument (along with a few other guys honestly). He also said that he had nothing against Sherman. Don't be homers and just blame Revis for bringing up old issues, pay attention t what was actually said before forming your opinions.

FYI, just so you don't think I'm a Sherman hater I did just purchase his jersey to wear to home games this year, and it is widely known by the guys I tailgate with that he is my favorite current Hawk. I just am looking at the whole picture instead of one side of it through blue and green tinted glasses.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
lukerguy":3l82cr7h said:
-The Glove-":3l82cr7h said:

Yeah, but still, why do that? You don't see Megatron saying, "Hey, look at my stats versus Andre Johnson. I'm the new best". People already recognized it.

Megatron was never an underrated/underappreciated receiver. He simply didn't have to do that to get his name mentioned amongst the best. Sherman was a 5th rd'er that came in and played ridiculously his rookie season and continued playing at a high level in his second season and still can't buy his way into a Probowl.

drdiags

Reaction score
Jarrett or whomever asked Revis the loaded question about whether he had anything to prove to Sherman was just trolling. Revis asked that Sherman take him out of the equation for career comparisons but if Sherman doesn't show his stats compared to the "Gold Standard", no one listens to his case. I guess this is like Eli Manning saying he was an elite QB. Probably better to just go kick some butt, but no chance his appeal grows if he does that.

Sherman hasn't commented on this supposed snub since late spring. It is unfortunate, but Pro Sports is getting more and more like a daily soap opera. I love Pro Sports because of the competition angle but easier access to athletes and their close interaction with fans has changed how this game is followed. The vampires who get financial gain from this type of stuff just love running with this playground game of "He said/She said" woofing.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1b40ujar said:
1. You're making up a response about not talking when I didn't see that listed anywhere.

What are you talking about? The first thing Revis said was Sherman needs to shut his mouth. Did you read the article? My reply is, what is he talking about? Sherman has said crap forever.

2. See this link: Like I said, Sherman started it: https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/ ... 96/photo/1

It's also helpful here to remember that I like Sherman, and I like his general trash talk, but I'm also more than willing to bag on him when he does stupid crap (Like the Bayless interview).

He posted that a month prior to the whole Feud on twitter.

And who cares? I mean really. Hes posting his stats cause they are good. And everyone just assumes that its smack talk that needs to be haulted?

And this whole Fraternity crap is complete nonsense. Theyre on different teams. Since when has players not had heated smack talk back and forth from opposing teams (sf/sea anyone)? When did everyone becomes such a wuss that they cant handle the banter that comes with playing a competitive sport? And that includes the fans. Why in the world would people want this to stop? Its part of the competitive culture. In fact, I think football is the worst at this (meaning they dont banter enough). Everyone is always saying how great each player is in every interview. By the sounds of all the commentators and coaches and players, everyone who has ever played is the best player at their position, or has the most raw talent there.

This game needs more banter, not less.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Sherman increased/speed up talk about the hawks. Sherman was over looked in his rookie year and was not much of a conversation until he took control of his spotlight and gave something for the media to talk about. He helped himself and the hawks for coverage.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Cartire":3tunevv3 said:
Sarlacc83":3tunevv3 said:

What are you talking about? The first thing Revis said was Sherman needs to shut his mouth. Did you read the article? My reply is, what is he talking about? Sherman has said crap forever.

He posted that a month prior to the whole Feud on twitter.

And who cares? I mean really. Hes posting his stats cause they are good. And everyone just assumes that its smack talk that needs to be haulted?

And this whole Fraternity crap is complete nonsense. Theyre on different teams. Since when has players not had heated smack talk back and forth from opposing teams (sf/sea anyone)? When did everyone becomes such a wuss that they cant handle the banter that comes with playing a competitive sport? And that includes the fans. Why in the world would people want this to stop? Its part of the competitive culture. In fact, I think football is the worst at this (meaning they dont banter enough). Everyone is always saying how great each player is in every interview. By the sounds of all the commentators and coaches and players, everyone who has ever played is the best player at their position, or has the most raw talent there.

This game needs more banter, not less.

Yes I read the article. The stop the talk stuff is Florio's editorial (unless I just straight missed it in the linked article.)

Also, I really don't understand your rant at all. When I did say Sherman ought to shut up or stop the smack talk? In fact, didn't I say, I like it? Smack talking a-holes like Brady is a good thing. However, it seems like it's a crime to not assume that Sherman is the Walter White of the NFL world. He's not always the perfect mastermind, ya dig?

Cartire

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":ue0m4feu said:
Yes I read the article. The stop the talk stuff is Florio's editorial (unless I just straight missed it in the linked article.)

Also, I really don't understand your rant at all. When I did say Sherman ought to shut up or stop the smack talk? In fact, didn't I say, I like it? Smack talking a-holes like Brady is a good thing. However, it seems like it's a crime to not assume that Sherman is the Walter White of the NFL world. He's not always the perfect mastermind, ya dig?

The Rant was more of an overtone to how the majority take Sherman, and I think its nonsense.

And Im not gonna lie. I never thought of Sherman as WW until you mentioned it. And I think thats badass. Im cool with Sherman being a little shady.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Cartire":dvfq9mug said:
Sarlacc83":dvfq9mug said:

The Rant was more of an overtone to how the majority take Sherman, and I think its nonsense.

And Im not gonna lie. I never thought of Sherman as WW until you mentioned it. And I think thats badass. Im cool with Sherman being a little shady.

Fair enough and you're welcome.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I'm a firm believer that in order to be the best at football, you actually need to play football. At this point, I would say it's Revis that is attaching his career to Sherman's.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":qz8kan3a said:
HawkFan72":qz8kan3a said:

The problem is he is assuming that Sherman is the only one who was saying he's the best CB in the NFL. The media started it, they were talking about it all last year. Sherman just agreed with them.

Sherman tweeted his stats to Revis, didn't he?

Cartire":qz8kan3a said:

Ill start.

1) Shermans last comment about Revis happened in February. The fact that Revis in the end of August is saying that Sherman needs to shut his mouth is stupid.

2) The whole twitter battle started when Sherman proclaimed to be the best CB (because of his stats) and didnt mention Revis as a top 5 corner (which then Revis responded and the whole fued started)

So no. Revis has no point. And worse, he has zero ability to see a baited question from a reporter coming. He should have replied with "That happened over 6 months ago. Why are you still talking about this?"

You didn't address what Revis said, though, and instead are arguing that he has no point based on motive.

What Revis said is flawed because he's talking as if Sherman is out there beating the drum that he's the best. The fact is Sherman has been quite as a mouse the last several months. So it really is ridiculous that he's still bringing it up as if it's current news. It's not.

The Radish

Reaction score
Hey this is all to funny. Its the media bringing it back up and thank them for doing so. All media attention is welcome.

Do none of you remember who started this "I am the greatest" stuff. (ok, Muhammad Ali did it first), but the first football player to do it was Neon Deon and he parlayed that talk into a couple of huge paydays and a wonderful career. The media couldn't wait to have him in a game so they could talk about him.

Its just talk people, enjoy it, in fact LOVE IT!!

So many here have whined about the Seahawks never getting any press. So shut up and enjoy the attention while we have it.

:roll: