My first ever fantasy draft, how did I do?

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
My first ever fantasy draft, how did I do?
Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:02 am
  • Was up until 3am local time and really enjoyed it. Was the 12th pick out of 12 people (hoping for some 12th man omens).

QB - Russel Wilson

RB - Marshawn Lynch

RB - Frank Gore

WR - Roddy White

WR - Wes Welker

WR - Brian Hartline

TE - Kyle Rudolph

K - Matt Prater

DEF - Seahawks

Bench:

QB - Ryan Tannehill (looks to have a potential easy game during Seahawks bye week)

RB - Knile Davis

WR - Demarius Moore

WR - Santana Moss

WR - Ace Sanders

TE - Jordan Cameron

TE - Zach Sudfeld
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• How the hell did you get Marshawn picking 12th?
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• rideaducati wrote:How the hell did you get Marshawn picking 12th?

:13:

Looks like a good draft. You should do well.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Decent draft. Kind of weak on the bench. A little on the weak side for QB's as well.
    I would drop a receiver and pick up a RB on the bench and replace one of them wrs with Kenbrell Thompkins
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:Decent draft. Kind of weak on the bench. A little on the weak side for QB's as well.
    I would drop a receiver and pick up a RB on the bench and replace one of them wrs with Kenbrell Thompkins

You wanna go?
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• It all depends on the point system. Not bad though.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:Decent draft. Kind of weak on the bench. A little on the weak side for QB's as well.

You wanna go?

Didn't like my QB comment? Lol
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:Decent draft. Kind of weak on the bench. A little on the weak side for QB's as well.

I'd earmaked Thompkins quite high and someone got him before me in the same round I wanted to pull the trigger on. A lot of receivers went early, it was quite frustrating.

As for RB's, honestly the guys that were left I'd never heard of. I guess i should have got RB depth earlier but I wanted the Seahawks for defence and went for a decent kicker a bit earlier than I would have liked (got a bit spooked when kickers started getting drafted). I was quite proud of getting Jordan Cameron in the 15th round though.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• UK_Seahawk wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:Decent draft. Kind of weak on the bench. A little on the weak side for QB's as well.

I'd earmaked Thompkins quite high and someone got him before me in the same round I wanted to pull the trigger on. A lot of receivers went early, it was quite frustrating.

As for RB's, honestly the guys that were left I'd never heard of. I guess i should have got RB depth earlier but I wanted the Seahawks for defence and went for a decent kicker a bit earlier than I would have liked (got a bit spooked when kickers started getting drafted). I was quite proud of getting Jordan Cameron in the 15th round though.

For a 12 person league, there should be plenty available. In a 16er, I have Lynch and Gore (great minds!), with Christine Michael and Daryl Richardson on the bench. Richardson should get tje start. My other two Ryan Williams and Johnathan Franklin isn't looking too good. And good stuff on getting Cameron. He's gonna breakout IMO.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• UK_Seahawk wrote:Was up until 3am local time and really enjoyed it. Was the 12th pick out of 12 people (hoping for some 12th man omens).

QB - Russel Wilson

RB - Marshawn Lynch

RB - Frank Gore

WR - Roddy White

WR - Wes Welker

WR - Brian Hartline

TE - Kyle Rudolph

K - Matt Prater

DEF - Seahawks

Bench:

QB - Ryan Tannehill (looks to have a potential easy game during Seahawks bye week)

RB - Knile Davis

WR - Demarius Moore

WR - Santana Moss

WR - Ace Sanders

TE - Jordan Cameron

TE - Zach Sudfeld

Amazed that Lynch was there at 12, that's a steal. I'm a little curious who your 2nd round pick was because even Gore and White are reaches at pick 13. Your RB depth is not good. And your starting WRs are average and your bench WRs are poor. I can understand a backup TE with Rudolph as your starter but you grabbed 2 of them which makes little sense. As of right now, you might win a handful of matchups, but you have a lot of work to do for this to be a playoff caliber team.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Starter

• Pick 12 was Lynch and pick 13 was Wilson. A few QB's had gone early hence I got Lynch but I also felt pressured to get a QB on the board. This was my mistake as there was the likes of Kap and Eli Manning as deep as the third round and even some others who would have done a job. I let my Seahawk heart rule my head though.

The problem was I was on the turn so it was always 22 players that went before I got my 2 picks again.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• OK I had a look at who was left undrafted. Michael Floyd was the best WR and Bryce Brown was the best RB (according to rankings anyway).

Should I swap them for any of my guys? How does it work with the waivers, I checked and it didn't make a lot of sense. Next to my team it says Waiver: 10. Ive literally no idea what this means.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• I would replace Knile Davis with Bryce Brown. Your waiver number means that you are #10 on the list of 12 teams. So, for you to get your guy, 10 other teams have to pass first. (Which they do if they have another player ranked higher or if they don't use the waiver wire that week.)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Dump at least one bench TE and use it to pick up a deep sleeper.. Lots of players are interchangeable in fantasy football so it's worth it to pick up a sleeper or maybe even a guy who no one took because he's out early in the season because of injury or suspension. Percy Harvin for example. Christine Michael even.. Lynch could get hurt plus Michael is showing so much he may take some if Lynch's carries. Even Turbin had a 100 yard game last year.
    The point is, with late picks take some risk. It's easy to find a bye week TE that's at least acceptable and a lot of your bench is that level.
    Good luck!
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Ok I got Brown and replaced Davis, I also replaced Moss with Floyd. I'm thinking there might be some trade value with Rudolph, when I picked him a few people said it was a good pick at the time and one guy is a big Vikings fan. If I can get a better 3rd WR then I reckon Cameron and Sudfeld could cover it. I will then see about dropping another receiver for a RB.

Anyone rate Johnathan Franklin?
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Good draft overall. If you aren't in a PPR league, your WRs are pretty weak.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information