2013-14 EPL Season

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":15wx0hu5 said:
About as embarrassing as any of the other humiliations we've suffered over the years.

or any other team... i actually think it showed a bit of character to net two goals the last 15 minutes down to 10 men.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Gatehawk":xg7exz6b said:
Lukas Podolski looks to be out with the hamstring injury for up to 3-5 weeks, which is just fan-flipin-tastic.

You might need to re-sign Gervinho.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
the Kolo bit is disappointing. I guess a positive may be that we end up with 2-3 new players by weeks end. If BR was holding out on new transfers because he thought Sterling/Ibe/Alberto/Wisdom are not ready to shoulder the load in a top 4 race. While I think they have bags of potential, the squad needs strong, experienced players in it now. Something to strengthen the team as those 4 evolve and develop.

Sakho seems logical (and near). I'd like to see a winger (not Moses, maybe Atsu) and hopefully a CM.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1bp74oki said:
Where on the pitch does Sakho play? We really need a CB. Atsu would be nice, or Arda Turan.

Sakho is a CB very much in the mold of Toure. Big, strong CB. Not necessarily the Technical player that BR wants out of the back, but hopefully he's learning 1-0 wins stopping the beastly forwards of the PL (like Bentake) is far more important in England than CBs that can spray passes.

Atsu would be a good shout. Turan would be perfect. Honda and Shaqiri are available if we feel like experience over youth (and to me would bridge that wing position perfectly as Ibe/Sterling develop) Still want to see Ericksen here. We honestly are not deep enough at CM as far as quality goes, and last night showed it.

Sakho could be ours for 12, Ericksen for 15-18, Turan for 15-18, Atsu as low as 5. Thiago Llori is another option at CB. very young still though. More of a replacement for Coates.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1rrb95vc said:
All this talk is great, but time is running out. We need at least 3 more signings by my estimation, otherwise the squad is much too thin overall.

QFT

I think we need no less than 4 signings to continue our top 4 momentum. Starting quality CB, Wide player and CM. A squad DM I think is needed so we don't run Lucas into the ground.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":f5b16nui said:
peachesenregalia":f5b16nui said:
All this talk is great, but time is running out. We need at least 3 more signings by my estimation, otherwise the squad is much too thin overall.

QFT

I think we need no less than 4 signings to continue our top 4 momentum. Starting quality CB, Wide player and CM. A squad DM I think is needed so we don't run Lucas into the ground.

Henderson is Lucas' cover at DM in my mind. He doesnt tackle as well, but sprays balls better and can score. they may look at proper DM coverage in january.

the other three I agree with. Atsu/Ince/Turan/Yarmolenko/Karnoplenko.... Sahko, Adelwerld, Llori... Ericksen/Ericksen/Ericksen/Ericksen

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
I don't understand why we haven't made a push for Eriksen. What exactly are the flaws in his game? He will be a value for Spurs most likely.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":1238c3ty said:
I don't understand why we haven't made a push for Eriksen. What exactly are the flaws in his game? He will be a value for Spurs most likely.

He wont go to Spurs. (i dont think so atleast). He wants to feature, or at the very least be in a CL club. Spurs dont offer either.

Not sure why Liverpool havent made a more concerted push. with the loss of Allen and the obvious weaknesses our CMs have shown in the second halves of the first 3 games it seems to me it would be a piority

edit... Spurs suck

Uncle Si

Reaction score
what a summer for Arsenal (so far)

Lost out on all major transfer targets (if they indeed were after them) and have now settled for free transfers of former players.

Their bitter rival spurs have sold former left back prospect for 93 million and revamped their team with the money.

Lost opener

Drew the group of death in CL (Marseilles, Arsenal, Dortmund and Napoli... Rafa's Napoli!)

and get Spurs on Sunday.

time for Wenger to prove his worth.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":5o7j3hm3 said:
Yeah, pretty rough going for Arsenal.

Liverpool need to get busy these next few days. if they don't bring in at least a CB and a CM, then Ian Ayre needs to get the sack.

i feel they need 3 players or serious questions needs to be asked. 2 and he's on life support, 1 he better have some precontracts signed or an updated resume.

0 players and he should be dropped into a shark tank with gutted tuna tied to him

Uncle Si

Reaction score
i wonder about ericksen. was set for a big club last year and priced at upwards of 30 million. this summer he goes to a non cl team with bags of depth at cm late in the window for like 12 with no other bids. what happened there? lamelas the real deal though

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2rf6dumt said:
Looks like Llori will arrive tomorrow. I REALLY hope for an Arda Turan-type before the window closes. Love seeing United faild to get another of their midfield targets. Who have United even signed in this window?

Sakho too apparently. That would be massive.

Doesn't appear they are in for another attacking player. Just treading water until Suarez returns then go a rotation of Aspas/Sterling/Ibe until winter....

Not ideal but I can see why

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":20psupw1 said:
i wonder about ericksen. was set for a big club last year and priced at upwards of 30 million. this summer he goes to a non cl team with bags of depth at cm late in the window for like 12 with no other bids. what happened there? lamelas the real deal though

The one man team buys almost a whole team!

It's going to be very interesting to see who settles into the team & league well and who doesn't, as well as how the team gels. All I know is that the new signings who've played have all looked like upgrades so far, apart from filling Bale's place, obviously. I hope that Ericksen is better than Dempsey & Sigurdsson and can fight it out with Holtby for a place as the #10. We have been lacking creativity atound the box. Dembele just hasn't done it much and Paulinho is best further back. I hope that we can get a left back in the next few days as well. This Romanian centreback Chiriches is intriguing too, although I doubt he'll be used much this season.

All I can say at this stage is that it has been quite a surreal transfer window. I hope it works out as planned.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
It's a shame that Spurs feel that they have had to replace their English players to get better, but asides from Bale I'm not particularly disappointed to see Huddlestone, Livermore, Parker or Caulker go.

Blueboy

Reaction score
First win for Palace yesterday, played well and deserved the win...........Happy days.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2darx841 said:
MANUNITED23":2darx841 said:
peachesenregalia":2darx841 said:
Can't help but fancy Liverpool to nick this one on Sunday. United's build-up play has been shite so far this season, they just try to funnel everything to RVP and let him score. I fancy 3-1, with Coutinho, Sturridge and maybe Gerrard to score. Liverpool should handle the middle of the park and give their fullbacks fits all game.

Lol

Who's laughing now? United are a complete joke. Embarrassment to the Premier League. I'll be surprised if they escape relegation with that squad. Literally no midfield in that team. Easy three points.

I know I will get the last laugh. Enjoy being at the top of the table while it lasts. And come on now, relegation? That's just hate!

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Once again with the hate, you need a psychiatrist. I agree the midfield is pathetic and the squad is thin but caused by injuries. We shall see what happens within the next 24 hours in regards to transfer market activity. As far as Moyes goes, 3 games isn't a sufficient sample to claim his head yet.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Peaches is a bit harsh.... But you have to see the early similarities in United's decline to mid table as Liverpool's was.

As for the Pool... Still a bit nervy bringing the likes of Sterling Wisdom and Alberto on to close out a match like that. Surely Sahko and Moses improve that option.

Also special shout to the much maligned Skrtel. Massive effort today