Hypothetical trade

SharkHawk

Reaction score
kearly":2nnq8w0r said:
Assuming everything checks out (medical, interview, background, etc), I would trade Sherman + a 1st or Thomas + a 1st for Clowney in a heartbeat. Even if Seattle paid an RG3 type price to get him, I'd be thrilled. Late 1st round picks are massively over-valued and we'll be picking late for a long time.

We haven't seen a Jadeveon Clowney before. There has never been a pass rusher ever before that compares physically.

I saw that kind of an athlete before... his name was Steve Emtman. Did you ever get a chance to see Emtman play or is he before your time? Guy was an absolute physical freak of nature. He led the team in workouts and did a backflip in full pads and helmet. That was insane. He was outrunning everybody including WR's. He blew his knee out and then seemed to fall apart. But he was a ridiculously amazing guy. Best athlete I'd seen to that point, and that wasn't even taking in his nearly 300 pound frame.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
SharkHawk":6p7e4dff said:
kearly":6p7e4dff said:
Assuming everything checks out (medical, interview, background, etc), I would trade Sherman + a 1st or Thomas + a 1st for Clowney in a heartbeat. Even if Seattle paid an RG3 type price to get him, I'd be thrilled. Late 1st round picks are massively over-valued and we'll be picking late for a long time.

We haven't seen a Jadeveon Clowney before. There has never been a pass rusher ever before that compares physically.

I saw that kind of an athlete before... his name was Steve Emtman. Did you ever get a chance to see Emtman play or is he before your time? Guy was an absolute physical freak of nature. He led the team in workouts and did a backflip in full pads and helmet. That was insane. He was outrunning everybody including WR's. He blew his knee out and then seemed to fall apart. But he was a ridiculously amazing guy. Best athlete I'd seen to that point, and that wasn't even taking in his nearly 300 pound frame.

Yeah he was truly amazing. The guy was virtually unblockable. And when he came to Indy, he was instantly their most impressive defender from the first day. His strength was legendary the moment he hit the field.

Kiper wasn't doing his gig for long, but at the time he was the highest rated player he'd ever evaluated. I think Dan Wilkinson matched Emtman's grade a handful of years later. Emtman's fate was pretty tragic as far as playing careers go.

That said, we haven't seen a player of Clowney's ability since LT.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
You would need to give up a lot more than a core player and a 1st round pick especially at the end of the 1st round and most teams would rather have draft choices instead of players in a trade

CPHawk

Reaction score
Clowney's conditioning is looking suspect right now.

CPHawk

Reaction score
We might be asking before the year is over, what would you trade for Robert Nkemdiche.

acbass

Reaction score
His conditioning will be fine. It was the first game and the heat was ridiculous here. Don't even get me started on the humidity. He hasn't gotten into true game shape yep. He will get there ASAP. Also didn't help UNC kept throwing those bubble screens. Everything they ran was a quick hitting play. NFL teams don't do that nearly as much. You just can't win that way. Neither could UNC, obviously. This guy is the best pash rusher in a long, long time. I would trade all of next year's draft for him.

cover-2

Reaction score
I would trade our 1st and 2nd round picks for the next 3 drafts and also throw in Sidney Rice along with Marshawn Lynch.

CPHawk

Reaction score
cover-2":1ovych3x said:
I would trade our 1st and 2nd round picks for the next 3 drafts and also throw in Sidney Rice along with Marshawn Lynch.

Is your name Al Davis Jr?

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Lol. People around here have him rated way too high. Glad we got Schneider.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
2013 first, second, third, fourth 2014 first and Bruce Irvin is highest I'd go.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I wouldn't franchise our future for any single player. Especially a non-QB. Even then, when it's all said and done, the Rams (IMO) will be the clear winner in the RG3 deal.

Clowney may be the deal...he could also bust. Too bad (The great) Steve Emtman never got to show his stuff as a pro, and I'd throw Reggie White into this discussion of comparables as well. But for every White (or Derrick Thomas) there's 100 Keith McCants and Dan Wilkinsons. You just never know...so I'll be happy to just throw in our 4th, along with our 1st, to move up for ASJ.

McGruff

Reaction score
The Buffalo Bills want Richard Sherman and are picking #1 overall.

The trade their first pick for Richard Sherman and our first #32.

We get Jadevon Clowney.

Would you trade Richard Sherman for a shot at Jadevon Clowney?

chris98251

Reaction score
I would like to see more of him against top round talent, physical freaks can dominate lesser player ala Curry, make him have to work in a scheme or against a offense that can negate his preferred moves and see how he adjusts.

OP
OP
bevellisthedevil

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
McGruff":20l4ckps said:
The Buffalo Bills want Richard Sherman and are picking #1 overall.

The trade their first pick for Richard Sherman and our first #32.

We get Jadevon Clowney.

Would you trade Richard Sherman for a shot at Jadevon Clowney?

1. How do you know the Bills are picking #1?
2. How do you know the Bills want Sherman for the #1 pick?
3. I would still make that trade.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I take it back. This guy couldn't hold Emtman's cleats at this point. Emtman dominated entire offenses on a weekly basis. He was a beast and a very intelligent football player. Clowney did little today because somebody stepped on his foot in practice. I understand he's been hurt, but Emtman didn't get hurt in college or let it hurt his play. It ruined his NFL career, but in college he was dominant every play. Clowney looked ok... but lots of guys have looked better.