2013-14 EPL Season

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
The referee in the Spurs match isn't very consistent. He calls a free kick when there should've been a penalty and a penalty when there's a dive.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
We're still on for 114 points Peaches. 2 1-0 penalty wins isn't particularly convincing, but Spurs have been easily the better side in both. The penalty today I thought was a tad soft but legit. Townsend went over easy but Shelvey unnecessarily thrust his knee into his leg as he went past, which was a pretty bonehead move.

Ha ha City! Long may that continue.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Gate - I doubt Swansea would selk, but Arsenal should try to buy Vorm. Fulham was pretty wasteful yesterday but Carzola had them in knots.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":5lzg024t said:
Gate - I doubt Swansea would selk, but Arsenal should try to buy Vorm. Fulham was pretty wasteful yesterday but Carzola had them in knots.

What I got after finally watching the whole match was that Cazorla had Fulham thinking down was up, up was down, left was Nebraska and right was Singapore. Ramsey again was impressive for the 2nd game in a row. Podolski again proved how dangerous he is, especially when he disappears, he makes opponents forget he's out there, then pops up and unleashes that left footed shot and the results was both goals he scored, the first of which could've decapitated Brede Hangeland(or KO'd him). And then Giroud again keeps proving that another striker shouldn't be the main priority for Arsenal. I know everyone wants Arsenal to buy a proven goal scorer, I do to, but Arsenal have to reinforce other positions, mainly CB, before they go elsewhere. Vorm might be a good signing if Arsenal were to go and get him, that would be #2 on my priority list if I was Wenger. Another striker would be #3 and I wouldn't mind if it ends up being someone to use as a back up for Giroud, cause Olivier continues to improve with each game and I'd rather see a rotating starting striker set up than a starting striker and one that is either only used when the game is decided or when the starter shouldn't be subbed off is subbed off.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":3g7l8qpp said:
We're still on for 114 points Peaches. 2 1-0 penalty wins isn't particularly convincing, but Spurs have been easily the better side in both. The penalty today I thought was a tad soft but legit. Townsend went over easy but Shelvey unnecessarily thrust his knee into his leg as he went past, which was a pretty bonehead move.

Ha ha City! Long may that continue.

I don't think anyone felt that penalty decision was a penalty. I mean how is this a penalty?
i31UE0sZWVkMb.gif

Shelvy almost looks likes he's trying to avoid Townsend, who was looking for contact to go down to. Everyone would've been more at ease if the referee made the correct call on that decision in the first half.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I didnt think it was a penalty. However, Shelvey's put himself in a bad spot (as he did in the 1st half) and let Spurs and the ref take advantage of him.

Why is he late moving into that space?

i dont know about "more at ease"... Spurs had a fairly obvious pen denied in the first. Such is the game.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Cardiff took their chances very well against City. City's defense is absolutely atrocious and there is no way they can compete for a title with such defense.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":24ha7fik said:
I didnt think it was a penalty. However, Shelvey's put himself in a bad spot (as he did in the 1st half) and let Spurs and the ref take advantage of him.

i dont know about "more at ease"... Spurs had a fairly obvious pen denied in the first. Such is the game.

I mean people wouldn't be debating the penalty calls if the ref had made them correctly.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1otcqbuh said:
Uncle Si":1otcqbuh said:

I mean people wouldn't be debating the penalty calls if the ref had made them correctly.

refs perception. Shelvey makes contact with him. Lines flag went up, ref blew the whistle. What you think about it matters little. Ref saw it, made the call. having you pop animated gifs up to exclaim your disagreement doesnt mean you're right.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1bbcjhfp said:
Can I appeal to get the last 2 hours of my life back?

Agreed. Such is life in the prem with mourinho back

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3b6p3i78 said:
Gatehawk":3b6p3i78 said:
Can I appeal to get the last 2 hours of my life back?

Agreed. Such is life in the prem with mourinho back

That match was a prime example of why most American's think soccer is boring.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":5t2n2xft said:
Can't help but fancy Liverpool to nick this one on Sunday. United's build-up play has been shite so far this season, they just try to funnel everything to RVP and let him score. I fancy 3-1, with Coutinho, Sturridge and maybe Gerrard to score. Liverpool should handle the middle of the park and give their fullbacks fits all game.

Lol

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":2fygekpp said:
peachesenregalia":2fygekpp said:
Can't help but fancy Liverpool to nick this one on Sunday. United's build-up play has been shite so far this season, they just try to funnel everything to RVP and let him score. I fancy 3-1, with Coutinho, Sturridge and maybe Gerrard to score. Liverpool should handle the middle of the park and give their fullbacks fits all game.

Lol

David Moyes

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":25avh24w said:
Here's a question - what ever happened to Connor Wickham?

According to wikipedia, he's on loan at Sheffield Wednesday.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
25 minutes passed in the CL match before Arsenal hit the death blow on Fenerbahce with the goal by Ramsey. And unfortunately Podolski has been carried off with an apparent hamstring injury.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":q5mt3btd said:
Man. I remember a few years ago I and many other Liverpool fans REALLY wanted Liverpool to sign him. He was dubbed as 'The next Alan Shearer'. turns out they were wrong.

Here, i'll tell you what though, Jordan Ibe looks like the real deal. Another fantastic youth signing by liverpool.

I was delighted when Spurs signed John Bostock...

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I can only imagine how embarrassing it could've been for Liverpool if they blew a 2 goal lead and were knocked out of the League Cup to Notts County of all teams.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Lukas Podolski looks to be out with the hamstring injury for up to 3-5 weeks, which is just fan-flipin-tastic.