DT Williams on IR

McGruff

Reaction score
vbest case scenario really for Jesse. Gets to learn and added lower body strength in preparation for next year without having to worry about contributing on game day.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Scuzzlebutt's legs are too thick. Williams needs to spend his time doing squats and yoga. His legs are an embarrassment.

Basis4day

Reaction score
C-Dub":38owi7g9 said:
Basis4day":38owi7g9 said:
King Dog":38owi7g9 said:
Strange that Tharold Simon didn't get placed on IR.

They got to 75 without having too. We'll see what happens next week.
They are at 81.

Thanks. Got that straightened out in one of the cut down threads. Forgot i posted here.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kf3339":5nhh7kh4 said:
I'm glad for Williams. He has a ton of upside if he just focuses on getting his knee completely healed, gets quality training to strengthen his legs and core and next year learns more technique to engage and win NFL O-Line battles.

I really have a lot of hope for him.

"Hope springs eternal" in the NFL! IMO....this move to the IR was the only smart thing to do.....giving him one more chance next year. We'll see next Spring if he is at full strength.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
He's a mediocre player. His not going to get better after a year off. Too many other good run stuffers available for cheap. I don't see how he's going to improve not playing, practicing or working on his technique.

Just another bad SEC pick.

Is Simon the next IR (probly not, he feels too entitled for that) or will they practice squad him (won't wanna do that either but has no choice or be cut)? Thank god Ware can ball.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":estzcyvd said:
He's a mediocre player. His not going to get better after a year off. Too many other good run stuffers available for cheap. I don't see how he's going to improve not playing, practicing or working on his technique.

Is Simon the next IR (probly not, he feels too entitled for that) or will they practice squad him (won't wanna do that either but has no choice or be cut)? Thank god Ware can ball.
You learned all of that from TC and 2 preseason games? He's going to improve by letting his knees heal. He was an injury risk to begin with that's why he fell so far. He's not the first drafted player to be redshirted and he certainly won't be the last.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
-The Glove-":dtne5tdu said:
Stoned Cold":dtne5tdu said:

You learned all of that from TC and 2 preseason games? He's going to improve by letting his knees heal. He was an injury risk to begin with that's why he fell so far. He's not the first drafted player to be redshirted and he certainly won't be the last.

Nope, some of us watch Alabama and SEC football. And its one knee "supposedly".

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":2gykghgf said:
-The Glove-":2gykghgf said:
Stoned Cold":2gykghgf said:

Nope, some of us watch Alabama and SEC football. And its one knee "supposedly".

Ah ok. What were JS and PC thinking?

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1q108z3q said:

Gamble, we are thin at zero technique, fell to 5th round, possible run stopper, tremendous upper body strength not seen since Chris Spencer, arthritic knee.

Its not a horrible decision, just not a good one. And just so you know, Simon wasn't a good one either. I think our area scout in SEC land sucked, he's gone now. The new guy from the Chiefs seems like he has his stuff together unlike the guy who had ALS and was busy fighting for his life.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2lde3jrw said:
I'm actually glad for him. McDaniels showed us we don't need to rush back YOLO too soon, and I'd rather Williams get his knee right by building strength in his legs before he gets shoved back on the field.

GAWD, what a relief! He blocked my irritating ass on Twitter because I was so persistent in telling him he needed to get with the Hawks' SC/PT staff to develop a regimen for his knees and legs.

All the while, he's doing his off-season hero's welcome tour of Australia, and getting his workouts by doing such lame things as tumbling loader tires around a compound of an AUSTRALIAN strength and fitness company. YEAH, they're going to know how to target his workouts to suit playing in the NFL, and that sounds wonderful for his lame knees!

Going on IR is the best thing for him right now by far, IMO.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":35pu409d said:
-The Glove-":35pu409d said:

Gamble, we are thin at zero technique, fell to 5th round, possible run stopper, tremendous upper body strength not seen since Chris Spencer, arthritic knee.

Its not a horrible decision, just not a good one. And just so you know, Simon wasn't a good one either. I think our area scout in SEC land sucked, he's gone now. The new guy from the Chiefs seems like he has his stuff together unlike the guy who had ALS and was busy fighting for his life.

So if they both pan out next year, will your opinion of our area scout change?

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3umlrnqp said:
Stoned Cold":3umlrnqp said:
-The Glove-":3umlrnqp said:

So if they both pan out next year, will your opinion of our area scout change?

I love these no lose scenarios for you.

How about if both don't pan out next year you change your signature to something I like? Deal?

themunn

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":1x1x8fwf said:
-The Glove-":1x1x8fwf said:

What's wrong with KJ Wright, Christine Michael & Spencer Ware, not to mention the potential of James Carpenter who has simply been unfortunate with injuries, and Jaye Howard who has looked like he has certainly improved this year

Or are a few 5th and 6th round picks really that important to you?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
King Dog":fhl7nvfr said:
Strange that Tharold Simon didn't get placed on IR.

The team keeps more options open with this move b/c if he gets healthy he may prove to be an interesting mid-season addition to ST or more easily slid over to the PS without losing him.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
i dont proclaim to be an all knowing expert but ive read many comments about guys like williams lower bodies, and cant stop smh. heres my 2 cents for what its worth. yes certain guys are built differently than others, but guys like williams didnt make it in the league without top tier genetics. its ridiculous imo to sit here and say he just isnt built big on the bottom...i can assure you, a guy with genetics to move like that has the ability to put on lots of muscle mass on his legs if healthy.. have you guys ever tried to squat/deadlift with a bum knee? it doesnt work well. let this guy take this year to prove whether he can/cant get healthy before you keep blaming his small lower body cause im more than willing to bet its not to do with having weak legs, rather weak legs being a product of his knee issues. unfortunately for his case, if its degenerative, he may never be able to strengthen his legs to an elite level. all we can do is remain optimistic on williams as hes clearly a project.