Who will cover the Rams?

Thread Killer

Reaction score
Sometimes weigh in numbers listed on team websites are correct and sometimes they are not. There's really no absolutes. Over the years, I've read articles or heard interviews where players provide weights that match exactly what's listed on the website and some where players have given numbers not even close to what is listed. And these are players on the same freaking team. Also some teams update their websites regularly and some do not.

In the end, only the individual, their teams, and whomever the individual (or teams) have confided in knows the exact weight of these players at any given moment. Not message board posters outside of that circle.

Besides, a player's weight can change during the course of a season. And combine weigh in numbers are only accurate on that day as players add or drop weight just for the event every single year. And sometimes these changes are dramatic.

ithiNL6EF0Y8R.gif

Never argue with an idiot.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Thread Killer":23ayh3xq said:
Sometimes weigh in numbers listed on team websites are correct and sometimes they are not. There's really no absolutes. Over the years, I've read articles or heard interviews where players provide weights that match exactly what's listed on the website and some where players have given numbers not even close to what is listed. And these are players on the same freaking team. Also some teams update their websites regularly and some do not.

In the end, only the individual, their teams, and whomever the individual (or teams) have confided in knows the exact weight of these players at any given moment. Not message board posters outside of that circle.

Besides, a player's weight can change during the course of a season. And combine weigh in numbers are only accurate on that day as players add or drop weight just for the event every single year. And sometimes these changes are dramatic.

ithiNL6EF0Y8R.gif

Never argue with an idiot.

That was largely my point. The only thing that's for sure are combine numbers, but after a few years you have no idea how accurate those numbers are.

Not sure if it was him or me you are calling an idiot (or more likely both of us), but it was stupid of me to argue it. Live and learn.

OP
OP
RamzFanz

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Marvin49":2m5s9f9t said:
I have no doubt he looked good in camp and I'd be happy if the Niners had taken him. All I'm sayin' is don't get the bust ready for Canton just yet. He's trying to do something a selct few have been able to do....play WR on the NFL level at that diminutive size.

I'm sure he's lightning quick and fast...but the real bullets aren't firing yet. Training camp heroes can easily fade in September.

What people here are taking issue with is the ASSUMPTION that he's just gonna step in and dominate. Nobody is doubting that he has talent. So have MANY, MANY other high picks who completely flamed out (See Ginn, Ted - Howard, Desmond - Warrick, Peter for examples).

I hear ya. I'm only providing quotes to show it's a widely held belief and not just homer talk.

If TA is the 3rd or 4th receiver in passing yards, that would be fine. To me, he's all about starting field position.

The press and the talk is a lot about Tavon but the Rams are fielding a hell of a team even without him. They aren't counting on him as a major receiving weapon.

IDKmyBFFRussell

Reaction score
Looks like Hawks third string could cover the whole rams starting offense, and then some, if preseason were an indication.

OP
OP
RamzFanz

RamzFanz

Reaction score
IDKmyBFFRussell":1iff66ka said:
Looks like Hawks third string could cover the whole rams starting offense, and then some, if preseason were an indication.

...and it's not.

No one will be able to cover this speed. The preseason play means NOTHING.

Throwdown

Reaction score
RamzFanz":114uvc6q said:
IDKmyBFFRussell":114uvc6q said:

...and it's not.

No one will be able to cover this speed. The preseason play means NOTHING.

Its totally not, but TC reports are totally indicators, guys!

GET WITH THE PROGRAM HERE!

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Sam Bradford's new haircut receives mixed reviews. He was hoping to muscle in on the Kaepernick/Wilson publicity in all the magazines.

Funnysheep 3

rideaducati

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":qv5elks6 said:
Sam Bradford's new haircut receives mixed reviews. He was hoping to muscle in on the Kaepernick/Wilson publicity in all the magazines.

Funnysheep 3

That's not Sam you silly goose. Sam is number 8. That's the rookie R.J. Washington with his rookie hazing haircut.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fastest Show on Turf, thats original, did you tap in to Mike Martz' Tinfoil Hat for that one?

I would have though you would have been more inclined to represent your defense with the passing of Deacon Jones with something like the Fearsome Forskins.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Stephen SeaHawking":1cov4tc8 said:
Guess we'll finally find out.

We did, they can't even win when we tried to hand em the game, they're a special kind of suck.