Seattle asks another player is he will switch positions

jlwaters1

Reaction score
He wasn't much of a WR at USC or at SDSU judging by the stats. Sherman could take him under his wing.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Brice is a guy I thought would end up a star at WR for USC. He showed great flashes of talent at times but apparently just couldn't do so consistently.

If Pete thinks he'd be a good corner, Brice should listen. Pete told Sherman back in high school that he could be the perfect lockdown corner, and look how that's turned out.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Well, this would mark the third straight year we've asked a guy we've drafted to switch sides of the ball. Honestly our track record in those instances is better than our first round picks.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Pete knows defense, and this staff knows what they are doing with position switches. I love how they don't care about status quo and how basically positions next to names are meaningless to this staff. They will see you for what you can be in the system, and it's worked out so well so far.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Dang it. Our draft info rarely ever gets out, that's how we find these gems. Somewhere Gus Bradley now says 'hmmm'.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd love it if we got him, switched him to CB, and he tore it up. It'd be great ammo to lord it over the 49ers fans with.

Sac

Reaction score
Who was it that said a while back that we should look at tall wrs that weren't great at their position and try switching them to corner?

Hmmmmm...

jhern87

Reaction score
Exciting to hear.. Seems like we have a high success rate when converting players.

kearly

Reaction score
Another day, another great draft blog idea from Scott.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Scottemojo":28y630in said:
Brice Butler, WR, San Diego. Ran a 4.36 and a 6.6 in the 3 cone, Seattle reportedly asked him if he will switch to corner. 6'3", 206.

Originally was at USC, with Pete.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/mar/19/brice-butler-sdsu-pro-day-katz-escobar-mcfadden/

With that size and speed it would be nice to see if he could be coached up to be like J.R. Sweezy potential wise for the future. I hope he was a physical reciever becuase in this scheme it seems the corners need to be physical. But i think it would be worth a pick the potential is their on paper.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3iet2bxb said:
Well, this would mark the third straight year we've asked a guy we've drafted to switch sides of the ball. Honestly our track record in those instances is better than our first round picks.

Sweezy last year, who was the year before? Am I having a brain fart?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Probably referring to Sherman, but he changed positions before Pete got a hold of him.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
That's what I figured, but I would only count him if he was playing WR for the Hawks.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3akqc199 said:
Attyla the Hawk":3akqc199 said:

Sweezy last year, who was the year before? Am I having a brain fart?
Konz

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
I went to the SDSU pro-day it was pretty fun to watch. I don't know if I was welcome there (I'm a student and it could have been closed for scouts and journalists only). I was able to get a quick picture of the prospects.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 2,319

chris98251

Reaction score
Well most CB's wanted to play receiver but didn't have the ball skills a lot of times, a guy that has adequete ball skills that player receiver being told he would excell at CB tells me pete sees some fluidity in him and if he is a certain body type and solid upper body ala Browner he could be a guy that fits a Sherman or Browner mold. Those guys are seemingly rare finds since we still have the two biggest. A guy big with 4.36 speed would be a monster to get a pass in on.