Johnny Manziel = Tebow 2.0, with issues

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • Carmon1274 wrote:Also if schools bribe players, or give them money.

It's not wrong for Professional teams to distribute heavy $$ to refs then right?

How you equate those two...I don't know, besides you being painfully stupid.

Players should be allowed to skip college and go straight to the NFL to make their money, if they can. If not, let college football be their grounds to develop. Forcing them to pay for free (essentially) and risk career ending injury is silly. Colleges should also not be able to sell ANYTHING that relates to the player, no jersey with numbers on them, no pictures, no nothing without the player getting a cut of some sort, period. A scholarship is nice and all, but how many of these kids don't even bother to get their degree? The reason being college football is a FORCED stopping point before jumping to the pros. Take away the "forced" and let college football rest on its own merits or pay the kids relative to the risk they take and the money they bring in. Eventually there's going to be a lawsuit on antitrust grounds that will eliminate the requirement of any time in college football/time after highschool requirement by the NFL. The NCAA should jump ahead of it or just wait to fall victim to it.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• SharkHawk wrote:I don't know that I've ever read more idiotic arguments in my life. Even responding to them would just serve to make us all more stupid. 'Murica... where you can do whatever you want, and there should be no regulamation by nobody no how, because that's just un 'Murican. YEEE-haw!!!!! (shoots pistols into a crowded festival while dancing around Yosemite Sam style for effect).

You aren't always this concise. You should be. Point made.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Hey, a compliment (supposedly) and a complete and utter slam on how I interact with others on this board all in one post. Thanks... I guess.

I'm the type who will make one post that is 1,000 words long rather than 1,000 idiotic one sentence posts. Different strokes. Feel free to hit the ol' 'blockola' on me Scotte. I am sorry to offend with lengthy posts on a message board of all things. Oh the humanity.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• SharkHawk wrote:Hey, a compliment (supposedly) and a complete and utter slam on how I interact with others on this board all in one post. Thanks... I guess.

I'm the type who will make one post that is 1,000 words long rather than 1,000 idiotic one sentence posts. Different strokes. Feel free to hit the ol' 'blockola' on me Scotte. I am sorry to offend with lengthy posts on a message board of all things. Oh the humanity.

I intended no disrespect. I apologize.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• SharkHawk wrote:Hey, a compliment (supposedly) and a complete and utter slam on how I interact with others on this board all in one post. Thanks... I guess.

You should probably re-read Scotte's post in a "Scotte voice". He wasn't slamming you at all, especially as you've made a number of references to your own verbosity. If you're going to self-deprecate, then don't be offended when others take that as a sign that it's OK to mention, too.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• pinksheets wrote:Eventually there's going to be a lawsuit on antitrust grounds that will eliminate the requirement of any time in college football/time after highschool requirement by the NFL. The NCAA should jump ahead of it or just wait to fall victim to it.

If history tells us anything, it's that the NCAA and the NFL have nothing to worry about. Clarett and BMW concur.

http://digitalcommons.ilr.cornell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1177&context=key_workplace

I love the thought of 18 year old's trying to play in the NFL. The image of Kam Chancellor putting a teenager into early retirement and a vegetative state would be totally worth seeing just once so that everyone could realize that it's probably a good thing that these guys go to college first.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mlb--is-it ... 19281.html

Dan Wetzel goes further and states that LLWS athletes (kids) should be paid. Do you agree/disagree? Personally, the argument makes sense to me. If Disney channel pays child actors, then athletes should be paid as well. They both make millions for the adults in charge of these companies. The difference is, athletes are not compensated at levels under the pro level and it isn't fair to them.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie

• Mel Kiper has Johny Football going #1 to the Texans in his latest mock draft.
    I honestly don't think he will be a Tim Tebow. The kid has heart. The kid can play. He might not have the measurable ot the prototypical QB, but he wills his teams to success.
    A good conditioning program can add some meat to that frame. I think he will be a top 10 pick in May.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• Now he's taking shots at the 12 th man. F you Johnny and Texas A&m.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:58 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information