SF 9/15 need 2 tickets

Find Seahawks game tickets, merchandise and memorabilia or sell yours here. RATING: PG
SF 9/15 need 2 tickets
Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:07 pm
  • Ok, my turn for a sob story:

I have the best wife in the world. Our anniversary is on 9/15 (same as Pete Carroll's birthday!). So instead of candlelit dinner at a fancy beachfront restaurant, she says, "Hey, we should go to the home opener and stay the night in Seattle!" HELL YES, I say.

Hotel reserved already... Like many others here I camped the ticketmaster online and on the phone before single tickets went on sale, but no dice.

Short version: Two loud, insane, obsessed Seahawk fans need tickets to the home opener against the 49ers. 150 per ticket is what I planned on spending. (I'm holding to that price for now, but I might get more flexible as the game gets closer, and once I have time to sell a kidney on the black market)
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Re: SF 9/15 need 2 tickets
Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:35 pm
  • I managed to get a couple tickets on Stubhub.

For anyone else out there looking for (almost) reasonably priced tickets, CAMP on stubhub*, refreshing every hour or so (phone app works great), I've been doing the same for the last couple weeks. Now and then some great deals pop up lower than all the other tickets for sale. Today I managed to actually buy one of those deals quick enough. It doesn't sound amazing, but I managed to get two upper sideline ticket aisle seats for $175 a piece.

Note for anyone who might be interested: In my obsession to get tickets to this game since single tickets went on sale, I was not only camping Stubhub (and a couple other sites), but I was graphing the total number of tickets available and average low-end prices. Tickets are not selling very fast. Stubhub had about 3600 available a week ago, and it only dropped by about 200 since then (it's actually been going up and down a bit). Furthermore, I've seen a lot more "quality seats" showing up in the $300-400 range. Knowing this, I probably could have waited another week for an even better deal... But, at least now the obsession is over.

--------
    *Stubhub has an alert option on the phone app, but there aren't many options. So, you'll end up getting handicap-only and standing room tickets as alerts. Plus, I don't think the alerts actually work that well. The tickets I got today were in my threshold, but I never got the alert email.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Re: SF 9/15 need 2 tickets
Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:24 pm
  • Thanks for sharing that bit about the number of tickets available. I might start keeping an eye out. Maybe get lucky and take my daughter to the game for her b'day after all.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEAHAWKS CLASSIFIEDS ]

Information