Thoughts and prayers needed, lost a 12 Saturday

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • Drunk Drivers Suck!!! Lost a good friend of mine, one of my brothers best friends, to a horrific vehicle accident caused by a drunk driver.

Unfortunately my friend wasn't wearing his seat belt, or else he would probably still be with us. 3 other close friends of mine were in the vehicle and all were seriously hurt. The drunk driver rolled his vehicle from the south bound Lane on the highway into the north bound, and my friends didn't see it(with it being 140 am) and slammed into the rolled vehicle at 70+ mph. Keep all the friends and families in your thoughts and prayers as they all are going through a tough time. 2 of the friends are married to each other and have been released from the hospital, but have some serious injuries, broken back on her, and broken collarbone and pelvis on him. Her sister isn't as lucky but in an induces coma to rest after having her aortic valves replaced and having an intestinal hernia surgery. She is stable.

I have never been very tolerant of drunk drivers, I am even less tolerant now. Please people, if you drink, be responsible and call for a ride and most of all, wear your seat belts, you never know the condition of the other drivers. It just may save your life.

Lots of friends and family have been affected by the death of our friend Wyman, who was a huge Hawks fan. I'm just glad he was able to see the Hawks finally win a Super Bowl
    Diezel Dawg
    NET Starter

• Sad news. I hate drunk drivers as well. I see the aftermath almost daily. Sorry for your loss.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Sorry my friend.

Also sorry we don't do more to penalize drunk drivers. To often they are given years of ignorance before anything is done. We had a neighbor and friend who was a terrible drinker but refused to stop drinking/driving. Finally crossed the centerline, hit our current doctor and his family killing one and putting our family doctor in the hospital and rehab for more than a year.

Tho he was given prison time for this accident he had been in 4-5 others and let off because they didn't do any life damage.

:roll:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• So sorry to hear about your loss. Drunk driving is inexcusable. So many innocent lives taken from us because some idiot thought they could drive even when they were seeing double. Boy pmedic's brother-in-law, now this. A lot of grieving hearts this week. Sending more needed thoughts of healing and strength.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Serious condolences. As Aros said above, drunk driving is totally inexcusable.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• My condolences.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• So sorry to hear. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend and family as well.
    The Winds of Autumn!
    Passepartout
    NET Practice Squad

• Condolences to the family. Drinking and driving is a big No-Go. :( Anyone doing this should never be allowed to drive again.
    The Delf
    NET Rookie

• Sorry to hear this. A few months ago, a very close friend of mine crossed the center line and killed a young man and put the kid's father in ICU. He was drunk and has been drunk since losing his daughter, my God daughter, who was killed by a drunk driver 2 years ago. And it gets worse. The kids dad regained consciousness and informed the press he lost his other son to a drunk driver just last year.

This drunk driver, my bro, was once a very good and successful man. A pillar of this community. Part of me wants to kill him, part of me wants to tell him everything will be OK. But I'm not the bullsh*tting type. Nothing will be "OK". People are dead and the living wish they were, too.

Very sorry for your loss and didn't men to hijack, just wanted to point out this disturbing trend. Please do keep a watchful eye on the survivors. I don't drink, but my friends do, and they should not have let our friend deal with the loss of his daughter by staying drunk. More people need to take responsibility. The drunks sure as hell can't do it on their own. I hope for the best for you and yours....and mine too.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information