Amazon Prime: Streaming Music Library

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Amazon Prime: Streaming Music Library
Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:12 am
  • I've been on the fence for awhile about getting Amazon Prime. I saw today the price is now $99/year but they added streaming music to the list of things you get within that price. Does anyone here have it? Is the streaming music library on par with others like spotify and such?

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Prime has streaming music now? Hmm, will have to check that out. Thanks.

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Re: Amazon Prime: Streaming Music Library
Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:00 am
  • Yea just saw that about 15 minutes ago on their front page. Interesting.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:03 am
  • Its library looks pretty solid on the surface. Not everything is avail but depending on your musical taste, it does a nice job.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:49 am
  • Even without the music, and even with this price increase, it's pretty worth it. Not only do you get tons of movies and series for free, you also get other benefits like discounts and freebies on shipping, the ability to borrow certain ebooks for free, and a few other perks.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:57 am
  • I have Prime but really only for the shipping. I'm annoyed that they refuse to release an Android app for the Prime Video content.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:00 pm
  • I use prime all the time and the music addition looks promising. It seemed to do a good job of adding music I would like. I'm with Roland on the android app though, frustrating for sure.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:11 pm
  • austinslater25 wrote:I use prime all the time and the music addition looks promising. It seemed to do a good job of adding music I would like. I'm with Roland on the android app though, frustrating for sure.

Yeah, the Patsy Cline selection is top notch! :th2thumbs:
    Anguish
    * NET Developer *

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:13 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I have Prime but really only for the shipping. I'm annoyed that they refuse to release an Android app for the Prime Video content.

People would stop buying their products if they did. Seriously, why would you buy a Kindle if you can buy a tablet that does more and still does Amazon's books and video content? My wife has a Kindle she uses almost daily; I rarely use my Kindle, but use the app for reading on my phone all the time. If they had an app to access video content, we'd both get tablets and call it good.

Amazon's already highly villainized. They take the lion's share of criticism and blame in any situation, and especially with their spats with the Big Six (Five, Four now?) Publishers, they're probably only half to blame, if that. They're a big corporation, and people have been taught to hate big corporations, even as they provide a great service that's easily worth the price they're charging. If they put out an app that did their non-book content, everyone would go out and buy a(nother big company's) tablet, or (ironically) iPad.

What they should do is manufacture a tablet that does to the market what most of the rest of their products have done. Then they could put out an app for their streaming content and it wouldn't matter, because they'd force so much of the business back their way it would be financially worth it for them.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:18 pm
  • Anguish wrote:
    austinslater25 wrote:I use prime all the time and the music addition looks promising. It seemed to do a good job of adding music I would like. I'm with Roland on the android app though, frustrating for sure.

Yeah, the Patsy Cline selection is top notch! :th2thumbs:

First thing I did was download it! lol I looked for roughly 15 seconds so Kidhawk if it's terrible blame one of the previous posters who recomended it.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:19 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:People would stop buying their products if they did. Seriously, why would you buy a Kindle if you can buy a tablet that does more and still does Amazon's books and video content?

Blah, blah, blah. Apple's excuse for forcefully limiting tons of garbage, too. It wasn't true with them, they're slowly opening up more things over time and it's not hurting their bottom line. Perhaps Amazon shouldn't try to force a proprietary Android fork on people in the first place? *shocked expression*
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:42 pm
  • They have an iphone app so why no android app?
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:I have Prime but really only for the shipping. I'm annoyed that they refuse to release an Android app for the Prime Video content.

Yeah I messed around and was able to get it to stream to a Dolphin Browser window but an app would sure help!

EDIT: They now have an android music app in the google play store. So there is hope.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• I have it, though most of my usage is for the shipping. I didn't realize they went up $20 bucks on their subscription. Between them and Netflix, I get the exposure to streaming content that I need most of the time. I still have HBOGo and XFinity streaming apps on my iPad since there seems to be some gaps on current content from time to time.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information