'Brady Bunch' actress Ann B. Davis dies in Texas

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13

Emmy-winning actress Ann B. Davis, who played the housekeeper on "The Brady Bunch," has died at a San Antonio hospital. She was 88.

Bexar County, Texas, medical examiner's investigator Sara Horne says Davis died Sunday morning. Horne says no cause of death is available and that an autopsy is planned Monday.
    Bishop Bill Frey, a longtime friend of Davis, says she suffered a fall Saturday at her San Antonio home and never recovered.

"The Brady Bunch" debuted in 1969 and aired for five years, with Davis as Alice, the mainstay for the blended sitcom family. Davis appeared in various Brady spinoffs and sequels over the years.

In the 1950s, Davis was the sharp-tongued secretary on another stalwart TV sitcom, "The Bob Cummings Show." The role brought her two Emmys.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I was watching one of the shows this morning. THey are on METv on Sundays. I looked at her and wondered today if she was alive or not. Sometimes I wonder about at lot of things.....
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• RIP Alice! Lived such a great life it seems! :D
    Merry Christmas!
    Passepartout
    NET Practice Squad

• :( RIP Alice
    dbmack
    NET Starter

• Well that sucks. I was watching Brady Bunch yesterday and was wondering about her.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Subdural Hematoma sounds like. Hopefully it was a quick, painless way to go. RIP Alice!

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I still love the Brady Bunch. I'm around the same age as the "kids". I watched the whole series first run. I was bummed when Robert Reed died. Now Alice? Very cool character and well played by Ann B. Davis. R.I.P. Ann.
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Save a place at the table for us "Big Willie"
    halfrack
    NET Rookie

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information