Speaking of good old Portland......

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Speaking of good old Portland......
Sat May 31, 2014 11:37 pm
  • I hate oregon because I owe state tax every single year, I live in washington, work in oregon, I drive on 7 miles of oregon roads every day, i get no voting rights and I owe state friggin tax every year. i get money back from the fed which use to pay to oregon :x

An interesting fact that Clark County Washington is Oregons second largest tax base, but I deserve because if I buy a 10,000$ blender I buy it in oregon so i don't have to pay sales tax, or if I want some crackhead to pump my gas for me I go to the shell station on sandy.....
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:53 am
  • Yeah people that live in Washington but work in Oregon get the shaft.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:40 am
  • FYI and since you keep pushing an agenda as it concerns me, I actually lean just a bit to the left so why would I not watch a game in PDX because of leberals? Answer: I wouldn't even think about that so it wouldn't stop me one bit. For the second time I am not that guy. Don't know who he is.
    As for Whiner fans, I watched the Hawks v. Whiners Sunday night game last year with several Frisco fans in PDX so it seems that wouldn't keep me from coming down to watch a game either.

Roughly 35% of Portland NFL fans root for the San Francisco 49ers.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:32 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Yeah people that live in Washington but work in Oregon get the shaft.

Yes we do, but no one makes us do it so it's something we have to accept. Doesn't make it any easier to swallow, but it is what it is.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:33 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:Did you know: Portland has the highest number of breweries of any single city in the world (not counting suburbs)? If you count McMenamins brand, of which most have their own brewer, it's close to the 80 range. If not, the number's still around 50.

Edit: By the way, Portland is also now the 1st city in the United States where craft beer is the majority seller. Bud, Miller, and Coors have nothin' on us.

Seattle's not even in the same ballpark.

Kudos to PDX for kickin' ass in the beer dept.! Good beer gets more difficult to find the further you get away from the NW. The rest of the country is catching on, but they have a long way to go.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:54 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Yeah people that live in Washington but work in Oregon get the shaft.

Yes we do, but no one makes us do it so it's something we have to accept. Doesn't make it any easier to swallow, but it is what it is.

indeed having a job far outweighs the gripes of income taxes! :D
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:15 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:BUT OREGON SUCKS BRO YOU CAN ONLY GO 65 BY THE DALLES

The Dalles area is pretty enough that it makes me wonder why you would want to drive fast through it. Now, the area around Burns does suck though, scenery wise. I would want to drive 85 through that area :lol:
    Tokadub wrote:I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:04 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information