Charcoal vs Gas and a related ???

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Charcoal vs Gas and a related ???
Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:21 am
  • Largent80 wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:Any suggestions for a small grill that takes the tiny propane bottles? I can't have a big tank where I live and want to be able to do a bit of grilling for my wife and I this summer.

We have this one for car camping and it works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-465133 ... gas+grills

I have one of these too. I have never used it. But When I do, if it has a bad grill, I shall probably go to Home Depot and get a grill topper for it and keep going. Agree with the poster that said to use olive oil. For my meats, there is very little grease or oil parts as we cut that out of the deer, elk, moose and all others. Usually have to marinate in bbq sauce or some such too. Olive oil keeps the grill plate from getting too dirty and you can usually wipe it off clean. Burning it by raising the heat ruins the coating on the grill platform.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:03 pm
  • I"ve had both, currently i have gas grill. thinking about going back to Charcoal. Saw this over the weekend at Home Depot

The Cowboy Grill

DynoHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:33 pm
  • If any of you are here in the Seattle area, some people I know are putting on the PNW Eggfest this Saturday, June 7th. It celebrates all things Big Green Egg. I was there last year and it was great.

http://www.pnweggfest.com/
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:49 pm
  • DynoHawk wrote:I"ve had both, currently i have gas grill. thinking about going back to Charcoal. Saw this over the weekend at Home Depot

The Cowboy Grill

I'm sure one could produce a tasty meal with that but I couldn't imagine turning that handle til the chicken got cooked. :{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:00 pm
  • Me and Houston would connect a Rat-Motor to handle the turning dutys.

If you ever watch the RFD Channel they have a bunch of programs about cooking with things like that. I've always been totally interested in people that horse pack camp and the meals they plan advance and make over Dutch Ovens.

Besides I get tractor pulling every week on that channel.

:D
    So close to the real thing.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:28 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    DynoHawk wrote:I"ve had both, currently i have gas grill. thinking about going back to Charcoal. Saw this over the weekend at Home Depot

The Cowboy Grill

I'm sure one could produce a tasty meal with that but I couldn't imagine turning that handle til the chicken got cooked. :{)

Nice thing about this grill is it sits low to the ground, so it doubles as a fire pit.
    DynoHawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:59 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information