Charcoal vs Gas and a related ???

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Fri May 23, 2014 12:01 pm
  • First:
    Do you prefer charcoal or gas, when cooking meats outside?

I use charcoal and mesquite or hickory chunks.

The main reason for my post is this.

I'm thinking about buying one of these.
    They are pricey and I'm wondering if anybody has one or knows somebody that does, and has an opinion.

pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Charcoal vs Gas and a related ???
Fri May 23, 2014 12:06 pm
  • Charcoal, all the way. I have a vision kamado grill from Costco. Excellent for half the price. I also have a weber Smokey mountain. If you can only have one, the kamado gives you a lot of flexibility.
    Phteven
    NET Practice Squad

Fri May 23, 2014 12:07 pm
  • I'm lazy. I prefer gas simply because it takes less time to fire up and start cooking.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri May 23, 2014 12:07 pm
  • I like both, however, I own a gas grill.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri May 23, 2014 12:12 pm
  • Phteven wrote:Charcoal, all the way. I have a vision kamado grill from Costco. Excellent for half the price. I also have a weber Smokey mountain. If you can only have one, the kamado gives you a lot of flexibility.

I use a big webber kettle for quick grilling, and have a big smoker for whole hogs and real BBQ.
    Mainly thinking of this as an upgrade to the webber. Smoking smaller cuts of meat and poultry.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Fri May 23, 2014 1:09 pm
  • None of the above.

Apple wood for chicken/pork

Hickory for beef

Salmon Alder wood plank
    ImageImageImage

"You kept believing, you kept fighting, you kept clawing and scratching
    and look what you freakin' did. Put that freakin' trophy up again!" - Pete Carroll
    tom sawyer
    NET Veteran

Fri May 23, 2014 1:11 pm
  • Charcoal for sure...unless pressed for time.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Fri May 23, 2014 1:26 pm
  • I have 3 charcoal grills and 2 bags of charcoal. The grills I have had since the 90s. The charcoal since 2005 or so. I have more time and will be grilling more with both the gas grills I have (4-5) and the charcoal until they say we cant do that no more. It gets dry here and they make the rules. As far as preference, time not being a factor, I would prefer the charcoal as the flavor is better. And I have some Mesquite from Az from a vaca I worked on back about 10 yrs ago..or is that 15 years ago. Been too dang many years.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri May 23, 2014 3:15 pm
  • I have a cheapie bullet style electric smoker that I use way more then my gas grill, charcoal while better tasting is kind of a PITA.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Fri May 23, 2014 3:25 pm
  • Charcoal but you must never use lighter fluid or those brickets that have fluid in them.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Fri May 23, 2014 4:11 pm
  • When I cook with charcoal, it's the large lump variety, I put it in a chimney starter and get the chimney to about 1200 degrees right at the base. I then take the chimney and place it directly over a 1.5" thick ribeye or porterhouse searing from the top for 2 minutes, lift it off, flip the meat and set the chimney back over the top for another 2 minutes. Remove the chimney, rest the meat for 5 minutes. Perfectly seared, medium rare...

Other than that I use gas, or do actual BBQ/smoking with hardwood.
    Anguish
    * NET Developer *

Fri May 23, 2014 4:28 pm
  • pmedic....check out gatorpit.net They are built right in your backyard and by all accounts, they make a hell of a pit. little spendy though.
    NoChops
    NET Veteran

Fri May 23, 2014 4:41 pm
  • Big Green Eggs use the kind of charcoal Anguish is talking about but in amazingly small quantities. I switched from charcoal to gas years ago and have things I like about both. The ability to split sides on a gas grill and cook merely with heated air is a big plus. However my "Set it and Forget it" took over that nitch and I have been thinking of going back to charcoal totally.

Get the real thing Lon, don't buy a knockoff. I have a friend that owns a restaurant and cooks almost exclusively on a Big Green Egg. I will get his store email address and PM it to you.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Fri May 23, 2014 8:05 pm
  • Charcoal, I currently have 2 Big Green Eggs, large and medium.
    I've had them for about 2 years and I have used our regular oven less than 5 times in 2 years.
    Once you get over the learning curve of light times and draft control its easy peazy.
    Plus one load of charcoal is easily enough to cook multiple times with. Once your done with your cooks just close the daisy wheel and lover vent and the fires out fairly quick.

Let me know if you want any more info.
    Les was right either buy Big Green Egg or Kamado Joe everything else is just a knock off. :thirishdrinkers:
    Chapman
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Fri May 23, 2014 8:08 pm
  • I forgot to add. Buy off craigslist if you can.
    These things don't wear out and the prices used are alot cheaper.
    Chapman
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Fri May 23, 2014 10:11 pm
  • Chapman wrote:Les was right either buy Big Green Egg or Kamado Joe everything else is just a knock off. :thirishdrinkers:

Negative. There are other quality options available. Komodo Kamado is the Bentley of kamado style cookers (with the price tag to match): http://www.komodokamado.com/

Primo also makes an excellent cooker and is made in the USA: http://www.primogrill.com/

Both have a cult-like following.

Oh, and Grill Dome too: http://www.grilldome.com/
    King Dog
    NET Starter

Fri May 23, 2014 10:46 pm
  • Charcoal. But I wonder how long before they are outlawed?

Love getting the coals just right and having to be on my toes. Makes the whole experience part of the ritual. I would imagine you have some familiarization you have to go through to get your gas grill performing the way you want., so in time it is just know heat radiates in your grill. Still that smoke is there more to tempt your neighbors than anything else.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sat May 24, 2014 9:27 am
  • I use both. I have a gas grill for quick things like burgers, dogs, etc. and a Weber Smokey Mountain for when I want to smoke something.
    mbtitleist
    NET Starter

Sat May 24, 2014 9:37 am
  • drdiags wrote:Charcoal. But I wonder how long before they are outlawed?

Love getting the coals just right and having to be on my toes. Makes the whole experience part of the ritual. I would imagine you have some familiarization you have to go through to get your gas grill performing the way you want., so in time it is just know heat radiates in your grill. Still that smoke is there more to tempt your neighbors than anything else.

Doc, I must disagree when it comes to SMOKE, brisket and ribs, real BBQ in General, it's all about the Smoke. If it makes my neighbors hungry so be it but I gotta have the smokey FLAVOR.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat May 24, 2014 10:37 am
  • Honestly, if I could only keep one of my cookers it would be the Weber Performer. You can pretty much do everything with it, from low and slow to a high temperature sear. It's the best of both worlds. Gas assist for lighting and then charcoal for the fuel.

King Dog
    NET Starter

Sat May 24, 2014 1:41 pm
  • Have a charcoal barrel style grill..Love it for ribs ect and the room it brings..Gas sux ..love the looks and thats it
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 24, 2014 2:11 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    drdiags wrote:Charcoal. But I wonder how long before they are outlawed?

Doc, I must disagree when it comes to SMOKE, brisket and ribs, real BBQ in General, it's all about the Smoke. If it makes my neighbors hungry so be it but I gotta have the smokey FLAVOR.

Yeah, I was drinking when I posted this. Smoke is everything for me. I must have been in bizarro world when I came up with my comment.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sat May 24, 2014 3:37 pm
  • I've got an XL Big Green Egg....I won't use another grill from here on out. Brisket, pulled pork, steaks, pizzas, down to your normal hot dogs and hamburgers....it's the greatest.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

Sat May 24, 2014 4:27 pm
  • drdiags wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    drdiags wrote:Charcoal. But I wonder how long before they are outlawed?

Yeah, I was drinking when I posted this. Smoke is everything for me. I must have been in bizarro world when I came up with my comment.

All good my friend.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun May 25, 2014 5:03 pm
  • King Dog wrote:Honestly, if I could only keep one of my cookers it would be the Weber Performer. You can pretty much do everything with it, from low and slow to a high temperature sear. It's the best of both worlds. Gas assist for lighting and then charcoal for the fuel.

I'm not a huge grilling guy (my wife has a real knack for the grill and, try as I might, I couldn't cook as well as her on it. I'm man enough to admit)...but that thing is pretty badass.

And the griller in the house thinks so too! :mrgreen:

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun May 25, 2014 7:46 pm
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue May 27, 2014 6:52 am
  • I have a Master Forge Charcoal Grill (see below) that I bought at Lowes years ago to replace my burned out Gas Grill and it still serves me well. I replaced all the wheels and casters with larger 10" inflatable rubber wheels so I can roll it anywhere I want. And I never, ever use Briquets or lighter fluid. Lump ("Cowboy") Charcoal is all I ever buy now. I use a Weber Charcoal Chimney and done right you can be cooking in 5 minutes with this thing. I have looked at the egg style grills and I hear great things about them but I just don't think they have enough surface area for what I normally cook. My grill has 816 sq/in of grill surface and the XL Egg is only about 452 sq/in. I have a perforated Grilling Wok that I grill veggies in and still have lots of room for a bunch of steaks or whatever on the rest of the grill. The one area I think the Egg style grills excel is in generating very high heat. Mine will peak around 550F and I think the Eggs are capable of around 700F. This is great for getting that perfect sear on a piece of fine meat! The only downside of Charcoal is the disposing of the ashes from the bottom tray.

#NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Tue May 27, 2014 2:46 pm
  • I use a charcoal grill, but in the battle of quick grilled items, like burgers, sausages and steaks, it's unlikely you can taste a significant difference the difference. There is definitely something to be said for lighting the fire the 'real way' though. A charcoal chimney can get you up and cooking in fifteen minutes. (And it's a fine way to burn sensitive papers.)

Now, when you move up to smoking meat as in the post...
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue May 27, 2014 4:13 pm
  • I work for a company that sells Weber gas/charcoal grills and we just started carrying a competitor to the Big Green Egg kamado-style cooker called Primo. The Primos are actually built in the US while the Big Green Egg is manufactured in Monterrey Mexico right now. They are essentially the same thing, but the Primo is on average about 15% cheaper. We just started carrying the Primos and I have limited experience with the Green Eggs, but I think the Primos are worth checking out if you're planning on spending $800+ on a grill/smoker.

http://www.primogrill.com/

As far as Webers go, they are great grills. They by far have the best warranties of any large manufacturer of grills on the market and offer replacement parts for virtually all of their products. I have been selling them the last three years and I get nothing but positive feedback on them. They carry a premium, but what you get is a grill that will actually last more than a couple years and continued options for replacement parts/additional accessories.

Here are the warranties on their Spirit and larger grills...

WEBER® 2014 SUMMIT®, GENESIS® AND SPIRIT® SERIES WARRANTIES
    Aluminum casting - 25 years (2 years on paint excluding fading)
    Stainless steel shroud - 25 years
    Porcelain-enameled shroud - 25 years
    Stainless steel burner tubes - 10 years
    Stainless steel cooking grates - 5 years, no rust through or burn through
    Stainless steel Flavorizer® bars - 5 years, no rust through or burn through
    Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates - 5 years, no rust through or burn through
    Porcelain-enameled, steel cooking grates - 3 years, no rust through or burn through
    Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer® bars - 2 years, no rust through or burn through
    Infrared rotisserie burner - 2 years
    All remaining parts - 2 years
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue May 27, 2014 4:21 pm
  • I forgot to mention the Performer grills, they are great as well. A lot of folks really like how they have a gas starter and then you can cook with charcoal, they're relatively portable and offer a pretty good amount of cooking surface. Those also have great warranties.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Wed May 28, 2014 8:44 am
  • When I was living in Spokane it was all charcoal all the time on a Weber. But now I am in an apartment in Florida and they don't allow grills on the patios. I am thinking of getting one, lugging it down to the parking lot and then carrying it back up when I am done. As long as I am 25 feet away from a building I will be OK.

Can't wait until I can get out of apartment living and start my smoker collection. I want to build an ugly drum smoker to start and then add to my collection. Some sort of offset stick burner and maybe a standard vertical smoker. But all that is probably a couple years away at least. In a perfect world I would have the pigs and cows out in the pasture and be able to go from butchering straight to cooking.
    drcool
    NET Rookie

Wed May 28, 2014 9:32 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:I work for a company that sells Weber gas/charcoal grills and we just started carrying a competitor to the Big Green Egg kamado-style cooker called Primo. The Primos are actually built in the US while the Big Green Egg is manufactured in Monterrey Mexico right now. They are essentially the same thing, but the Primo is on average about 15% cheaper. We just started carrying the Primos and I have limited experience with the Green Eggs, but I think the Primos are worth checking out if you're planning on spending $800+ on a grill/smoker.

http://www.primogrill.com/

As far as Webers go, they are great grills. They by far have the best warranties of any large manufacturer of grills on the market and offer replacement parts for virtually all of their products. I have been selling them the last three years and I get nothing but positive feedback on them. They carry a premium, but what you get is a grill that will actually last more than a couple years and continued options for replacement parts/additional accessories.

Here are the warranties on their Spirit and larger grills...

WEBER® 2014 SUMMIT®, GENESIS® AND SPIRIT® SERIES WARRANTIES
    Aluminum casting - 25 years (2 years on paint excluding fading)
    Stainless steel shroud - 25 years
    Porcelain-enameled shroud - 25 years
    Stainless steel burner tubes - 10 years
    Stainless steel cooking grates - 5 years, no rust through or burn through
    Stainless steel Flavorizer® bars - 5 years, no rust through or burn through
    Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates - 5 years, no rust through or burn through
    Porcelain-enameled, steel cooking grates - 3 years, no rust through or burn through
    Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer® bars - 2 years, no rust through or burn through
    Infrared rotisserie burner - 2 years
    All remaining parts - 2 years

Love, loVE, LOVE! my little portable (old school version) Weber Q. For a little gas grill, this thing is damned amazing at searing flesh. It gets HOT for a gas grill, can use little propane canisters or a full size bottle, and especially love the cast iron grill surface. Can't say enough good things about it. Would buy one again in a heartbeat!
    Anguish
    * NET Developer *

Thu May 29, 2014 1:46 pm
  • To the OP, that looks like a Bayou Classic, which are sold at Lowe's. We have one, and they work great.

With that said, we only use it when smoking low and slow, things like ribs, brisket, butts, shoulders, etc. I'll also use it for beer-butt chicken and for smoking a turkey. I only use lump coal with an electric heating element to start it. Obviously, the wood chunks you use depend on what you're smoking.

For steaks, burgers, grilled chicken, and the like, I'll use the gas grill for that.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu May 29, 2014 1:57 pm
  • taz291819 wrote:To the OP, that looks like a Bayou Classic, which are sold at Lowe's. We have one, and they work great.

With that said, we only use it when smoking low and slow, things like ribs, brisket, butts, shoulders, etc. I'll also use it for beer-butt chicken and for smoking a turkey. I only use lump coal with an electric heating element to start it. Obviously, the wood chunks you use depend on what you're smoking.

For steaks, burgers, grilled chicken, and the like, I'll use the gas grill for that.

I did see it at Lowes. Not sure of the brand. I posted the picture as general idea of what I'm looking at.
    Doing my research now. No big hurry I'm hoping this will be my Father's Day.
    I just looking to upgrade my Weber but the more I look into it, seems I'd be able to do everything with one of these. With the exception of very large quantities.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu May 29, 2014 2:03 pm
  • I use Char-Gas. Try and find that, you perfect BBQ nutjobs.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu May 29, 2014 2:13 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:I did see it at Lowes. Not sure of the brand. I posted the picture as general idea of what I'm looking at.
    Doing my research now. No big hurry I'm hoping this will be my Father's Day.
    I just looking to upgrade my Weber but the more I look into it, seems I'd be able to do everything with one of these. With the exception of very large quantities.

The Bayou Classic works just as good as a Big Green Egg (my sister's BF has a BGE), though a couple of hundred dollars cheaper. The only downsize is they don't come in a XL size.

I'd recommend getting some high-temp sealant. I got some and sealed around the thermostat and top/bottom vents, as they leaked a little bit without it. Now it's rock solid and easy to control the temps.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu May 29, 2014 3:40 pm
  • Count me in the Big Green Egg camp. Thing is awesome.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Thu May 29, 2014 5:06 pm
  • lets get real here...why wouldn't you buy your pit from a guy that wears a sidearm in his sales video??

NoChops
    NET Veteran

Thu May 29, 2014 5:59 pm
  • That's a nice grill/smoker. I'm sold.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu May 29, 2014 6:06 pm
  • This might sound ridiculous...But, personally I don't even want any sort of high precision when it comes to a charcoal grill. To me, part of the love for grilling over charcoal is the difference in heat every time you do it. I never use a chimney, and have no interest in one. I do the traditional "stack a pile" and light it, then just break the pile down with a poker. I like the added challenge of having to actually pay attention to the food a bit, and not just keeping an eye on a timer. I can get even heat in my oven. I love the...Guessing game, I suppose you might call it, of evaluating whether meat is done cooking because you can't know with inconsistent heat based on differing amounts of charcoal every time, and from uneven spreading of said charcoal, etc. Call me crazy if you want, but I love the inconsistency I get from the way I personally use my beloved charcoal grill.

Anguish - do you sear at the beginning, or at the end? Just curious.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri May 30, 2014 1:41 pm
  • I have both a Weber E-330 (a gift from Weber for our part in their mobile app) and a Weber smokey joe and I LOVE cooking on that little thing.

If I have to cook for more than my wife and I it's definitely on the E-330. I basically don't use the oven/stove from May until September (inside). I just love the taste of anything on a grill.

Definitely enjoy the flavor of Charcoal. Good ol' Kingsford original. Not a fan of the Mesquite or Hickory either.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri May 30, 2014 1:47 pm
  • I hope you guys are cleaning your surfaces and using olive oil. Not all meats need the oil, but I prefer to use it on everything.

I sear before cooking, traps the juices and flavor.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri May 30, 2014 2:07 pm
  • Any suggestions for a small grill that takes the tiny propane bottles? I can't have a big tank where I live and want to be able to do a bit of grilling for my wife and I this summer.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Fri May 30, 2014 2:13 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:Any suggestions for a small grill that takes the tiny propane bottles? I can't have a big tank where I live and want to be able to do a bit of grilling for my wife and I this summer.

We have this one for car camping and it works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-465133 ... gas+grills
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri May 30, 2014 2:15 pm

Fri May 30, 2014 3:22 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:Any suggestions for a small grill that takes the tiny propane bottles? I can't have a big tank where I live and want to be able to do a bit of grilling for my wife and I this summer.

We have this one for car camping and it works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-465133 ... gas+grills

Matt, we've had one of these in the camper for many years. tho they normally are a throw away after one season if you use them much they do a pretty good job.

If we're camped someplace for a few days I use our Coleman Road propane one. Take it off the stand and put it on the camp table, easy to make wonderful breakfasts. Like a "set it and forget it" they require quite a lot of cleaning when taking down the campsite so we use the little bottle gas one for quick meals in the evening.

Every hardware store has a version of that small bottle gas one for varying prices.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Fri May 30, 2014 5:53 pm
  • SonicHawk wrote:I sear before cooking, traps the juices and flavor.

That's why I asked. Factually, it does not. Some scientists used gas chromatography to measure the moisture and found out that all it does is dry your meat out more.The big contrast between the seared part and the juicy part just makes you think it locks juice in when in fact it does not. If you want the sear for the texture or whatever that's fine, but sear at the end. You have juicier meat that way. Searing to lock in flavor or juices is just a myth. I love the sear crust, but I do it at the end when it's basically done cooking. I highly recommend switching to that method.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri May 30, 2014 7:34 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:I sear before cooking, traps the juices and flavor.

That's why I asked. Factually, it does not. Some scientists used gas chromatography to measure the moisture and found out that all it does is dry your meat out more.The big contrast between the seared part and the juicy part just makes you think it locks juice in when in fact it does not. If you want the sear for the texture or whatever that's fine, but sear at the end. You have juicier meat that way. Searing to lock in flavor or juices is just a myth. I love the sear crust, but I do it at the end when it's basically done cooking. I highly recommend switching to that method.

I usually sear at the end as well, a nice hot start, and a hot finish :P.

SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:18 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:I sear before cooking, traps the juices and flavor.

The sear I mentioned in my post is all the cooking that happens on those steaks. It's roughly 1200 degrees 2 inches above the meat, so that's all it needs to complete the cooking process. As I mentioned, I only do this when cooking 1 or 2 prime, thick, steaks. For everything else I either cook on gas, or cook low and slow either q'ing or smoking.
    Anguish
    * NET Developer *

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:20 am
  • Thanks for the input. I looked at a couple electric table tops and came across this at Lowes:

http://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-126015 ... tric+grill

Might pick one up. If not, I'll probably grab a cheapo camp grill and just use it for the summer and figure out something else next year
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Next

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:29 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information