MARVEL's Agents of SHIELD....well played

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
MARVEL's Agents of SHIELD....well played
Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:24 pm
  • The TV show....well done....big changes this in this week's episode in response to the new Captain America movie that just released over the weekend.

Very cool.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Like the show, although I'm not sure how I feel about the show spoiling some of the new Captain America movie for those like me who haven't seen it.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I'm just hoping it survives against the number 1 show on TV NCIS.

I am more crushed that May appears to be on the bad guys side.

(and relax, remember Coulson actually has met Thor.) Hey, when did they repair the Rainbow Bridge?

:les:
    No last minute heroics will be needed this time.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Guess I am going to have to start watching it again. I have it all on my DVR but just sort of lost interest after about the first 5 episodes.

Oh and Les, May could crush me anytime! :twisted:
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• SeatownJay wrote:Like the show, although I'm not sure how I feel about the show spoiling some of the new Captain America movie for those like me who haven't seen it.

You could do like I did and stop watching it as it airs. I haven't seen the new Captain America movie yet, but I have heard that there was going to be a huge tie in between the two, so after last week, I stopped watching the show and have it on the DVR until I can get to the theater and watch the new Captain America movie.

One thing I must say that I LOVE about this show, is the fact that this show is what has gotten my wife to WANT to watch the Marvel movies. She was just kind of blah about them before, she's much less into the super hero aspect of them and more into the character aspects of the show, but the tie ins keep her interested in the movies now, so I don't have to make any trade offs to get her to see the movie in the theater (although she normally gets her way anyway :lol: )
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I fricken love this show. But then again I'm a big Marvel fanboy as Pe always likes to point out, so that shouldn't be much of a surprise...

**Spoilers ahead...

Apparently they had to slow play the first half of the season as to not give away the big plot twist that was Winter Soldier, but now that the Hydra cat's out of the bag it's game on. Last night's episode was fantastic. Right out of the gate you could tell they were kicking it up a notch; gave it more cowbell so to speak with a little BOC and a dog fight. They seemed to want you to think Victoria Hand was bad all along, cuz she's a stooge for HAMMER and the Dark Avengers in the comics, but turns out she wasn't... like in the comics. That was cool. LOVED the agent Sitwell tie in between the last two episodes and Winter Soldier; Last week, Sitwell says something about having to catch a boat, in Cap 2 he's a hostage on a boat, this week "I know you guys were recruited by agent Sitwell, wink wink". Awesome. Ward's a douche, but I always thought Ward was a douche so I can look forward to somebody killing him now.

Yeah, geeked up big time over all this comicy goodness. And yeah, Agent May can kick my ass anytime...
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Ming-Na Wen does look pretty damn good at 50.
    A London Hawk
    NET Starter

• A London Hawk wrote:Ming-Na Wen does look pretty damn good at 50.

Whaaa....?

Damn Asian chicks age well...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Ming-Na Wen, the actress that plays Agent May, is 50. Which tends to surprise people.
    Holy Catfish! Touchdown Seahawks!
    A London Hawk
    NET Starter

• SeatownJay wrote:Like the show, although I'm not sure how I feel about the show spoiling some of the new Captain America movie for those like me who haven't seen it.

Don't worry, the show does not spoil the movie at all. In fact, after seeing the last show you will enjoy the movie even more. Just make sure you watch the last episode BEFORE you see the movie. Just my 2 cents. I will be so pissed if they cancel the show but I don't think they will with all of the fans of the movies out there. I think the movies will carry the show. Damn, I love MARVEL!!!! :thirishdrinkers:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Seahwkgal wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:Like the show, although I'm not sure how I feel about the show spoiling some of the new Captain America movie for those like me who haven't seen it.

Don't worry, the show does not spoil the movie at all. In fact, after seeing the last show you will enjoy the movie even more. Just make sure you watch the last episode BEFORE you see the movie. Just my 2 cents. I will be so pissed if they cancel the show but I don't think they will with all of the fans of the movies out there. I think the movies will carry the show. Damn, I love MARVEL!!!! :thirishdrinkers:

If it doesn't make the cut we can blame the idiot that put it in that time slot.

The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:Like the show, although I'm not sure how I feel about the show spoiling some of the new Captain America movie for those like me who haven't seen it.

If it doesn't make the cut we can blame the idiot that put it in that time slot.

I am thinking that AOS has a loyal following in Canada and Britain too. Much like Lost did. Lost's ratings were very comparable to AOS. In a time slot with another one of those NCIS "type" shows(I think it was one of the CSI "wherever"shows) they just moved their time slot and day of the week to save the show and save it they did. Hopefully ABC remembers this. Oh and did I ever mention that the neilson ratings are just stupid. They keep shows on the air based on a very small percentage of households.

Good to see you back posting Les. There really isn't much Hawk news to talk about so it's great to gab about cool TV shows and movies. :th2thumbs:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Seahwkgal wrote:

I read somewhere awhile back that they have a story arc that reaches well beyond season one and that the producers would do something to try to at least complete the story line they have been working on even if they had to go to kickstarter to do it. Although, when I read it, it came off a bit sarcastic when they mentioned the kickstarter, it seemed as though they were genuine about wanting to not leave the fans hanging if the show gets cancelled.

Honestly, it would suck if it does get cancelled, but I think it would make a great Netflix or SyFy channel series if it comes down to that
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• The Radish wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:

I can't for the life of me figure out why that many people like watching NCIS. That show is turrbl. I mean c'mon... Mark Harmon is some kinda bad ass? MARK HARMON!? The guy from Summer School!? No way...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Well, it looks like Season 2 is happening. Not sure how I feel about the finale in and of itself but I am definitely intrigued by where they are going from here.

Also, Agent Carter got greenlit, whoo.
    A London Hawk
    NET Starter

• Like the fact the lady from asia is 50 and looking so dayum hot.....I may have to go back and look for my first love......or lust or....whatever it was.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• You wouldn't want to piss her off though, doubly so if there was a nail gun around.
    A London Hawk
    NET Starter

• CANHawk wrote:
    The Radish wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:

I can't for the life of me figure out why that many people like watching NCIS. That show is turrbl. I mean c'mon... Mark Harmon is some kinda bad ass? MARK HARMON!? The guy from Summer School!? No way...

No the guy that played Lucas Davenport. NCIS is a great show even if I hate the DeNozzo character. Maybe if you don't like the #1 show on TV its our fault.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• I haven't watched NCIS for a while but Mark Harmon does indeed make a credible bad ass. His Gibbs is probably the only irreplaceable character on the show,
    A London Hawk
    NET Starter

• A London Hawk wrote:I haven't watched NCIS for a while but Mark Harmon does indeed make a credible bad ass. His Gibbs is probably the only irreplaceable character on the show,

And Abby. Abby is untouchable. No matter how much I want to touch her.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• A London Hawk wrote:You wouldn't want to piss her off though, doubly so if there was a nail gun around.

Agent May lights my fire also. In the early shows I kind of like Skye but it didn't take long to realize that May was the one. lol

I think its pretty obvious that she loves Coulson even tho she had a fling with Ward.

Interesting in that final episode Coulson had a picture of skye and that bitch they need to kill off thinks she knows Skye's real father. And you know everyone is going to freak out at Coulson making the same diagrams on the walls Garret did. I'm sure they will have an explanation for that.

Oh yeah,,,,,,,, THEY GOT THE BUS BACK!!! hahahahaha

The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote: And you know everyone is going to freak out at Coulson making the same diagrams on the walls Garret did. I'm sure they will have an explanation for that.

Oh yeah,,,,,,,, THEY GOT THE BUS BACK!!! hahahahaha

Of course they have an explanation. Both of them have had Kree DNA introduced to their system. That's what's activating their "visions", a connection has been formed to the the aliens.

Expect Kree to be introduced in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Say I don't remember seeing Lola in the back of the bus. Wonder is she is ok?

:(
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Lola got shot up and crash landed when Coulson and Skye used her as a parachute a couple of episodes back. She didn't look ok at the time.
    A London Hawk
    NET Starter

• A London Hawk wrote:Lola got shot up and crash landed when Coulson and Skye used her as a parachute a couple of episodes back. She didn't look ok at the time.

Oh hell that's right. I thought she landed them safely and I didn't think she was hurt that bad. She's probably at some detail shop being repaired & polished.

Bet Skye puts her seat belt on when she's told from now on.

:roll:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Given that she's likely Starktech (Howard, not Tony) I could see Maria Hill arranging for her to be fixed. Odds are though she'll either be absent next season or back on board without any actual story to how it happened.

As an aside, was there a better joke than 'large file transfer'?
    A London Hawk
    NET Starter

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information