The Continuing Journeys of the Hawk Hat

A collection of NET's best and most memorable threads. Predictions, debates, laughs, and X's & O's. Rating: PG to NC-17
  • Bethany and Brittany are both awesome. I can't believe a saints fan told me about this board. Haha. Thanks for telling me guido. I now that I've seen where this hat has been, I can't believe I put it on my head? I thought it smelled like crawfish? We'll have to get together at muddys soon again. I'm planning on taking a trip to Seattle in July. Maybe you will let me borrow the hat for some pics?
    scarmody67
    NET Bench Warmer

• scarmody67 wrote:Bethany and Brittany are both awesome. I can't believe a saints fan told me about this board. Haha. Thanks for telling me guido. I now that I've seen where this hat has been, I can't believe I put it on my head? I thought it smelled like crawfish? We'll have to get together at muddys soon again. I'm planning on taking a trip to Seattle in July. Maybe you will let me borrow the hat for some pics?

It was a pleasure meeting you, Sean. Welcome to the .NET! I hope that is the correct spelling of your name. And, yes, I think we could work out your taking Hawk Hat on a road trip. Oh, and HH had been in a chlorine filled pool between the time of the crawfish boil and the Muddy's gig so it should have un-mudbugged it.
    Saints Fan Since 1967, but ...

Nobody > Radish

AsylumGuido
    * Class Act Saints Fan *

• scarmody67 wrote:Bethany and Brittany are both awesome. I can't believe a saints fan told me about this board. Haha. Thanks for telling me guido. I now that I've seen where this hat has been, I can't believe I put it on my head? I thought it smelled like crawfish? We'll have to get together at muddys soon again. I'm planning on taking a trip to Seattle in July. Maybe you will let me borrow the hat for some pics?

Welcome to . NET. :2:

Enjoy. :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Yes Welcome Sean, glad to have you here.

And Guido, don't worry about a bit of "fishy" smell, if he's from the Seattle area he should be used to the smell of fish. lhahahahaha

Hey Sean, pick up a Super Bowl hat and take it along. I have considered getting/sending one to Guido. Our members kindly purchased me some great things Seahawks related while I was in the hospital but not a hat or Guido would have it already. What a great sport he is and a great person to keep this going for all our members.

Guido, I forgot to ask if you are doing this on your home Saints site?

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:Yes Welcome Sean, glad to have you here.

And Guido, don't worry about a bit of "fishy" smell, if he's from the Seattle area he should be used to the smell of fish. lhahahahaha

Hey Sean, pick up a Super Bowl hat and take it along. I have considered getting/sending one to Guido. Our members kindly purchased me some great things Seahawks related while I was in the hospital but not a hat or Guido would have it already. What a great sport he is and a great person to keep this going for all our members.

Guido, I forgot to ask if you are doing this on your home Saints site?

I shared it early on with the site owner, but haven't posted it on the site. I will probably do so when the next dead period starts in June.

Nobody > Radish

AsylumGuido
    * Class Act Saints Fan *

• A heads up to all. Time permitting, a new journey will be posted this evening. We are cooking Belize tamales and brisket tacos.

Hawk Hat and Guido

Nobody > Radish

AsylumGuido
    * Class Act Saints Fan *

• Brisket, food of the gods!!!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Sounds wonderful!

On the food front here one of my brother in laws who lives in the tiny community of Plymouth, Wa. called last night to tell me he had gotten a couple of 25lb salmon for us. Is cutting one into steaks and the other will leave whole and I will thaw it enough to cut it into 2 halves. after we get home.

These are right out of the Columbia River. Salmon Season for the commoners starts today, for Indians it has been open for a couple of days. We are going down there next week for a few days to celebrate my birthday so will pick them up then. He lives about 2 blocks from the Columbia River. Plymouth is where the ferry from Umatilla used to run and then the first bridge across the river was Plymouth-Umatilla. Now a 4 lane freeway bypasses it tho if you look to the right just before the river you can see it.(going southbound).

Seedman if you're reading this, we are considering heading home through Bickleton if you're going to be home. Will call this week.

Don't know about the rest of you but when I see names of places I don't know I look them up on a map to broaden my states intelligence. Found Guido's home town easily enough. Sadly many Washington residents have no clue where Plymouth is, and many other communities. I have the advantage of traveling a lot of Washington State for many years.

The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Is hawkhat still having adventures? I hope everything is alright with Guido. I miss the great places I've never been to and the food I've never eaten. :(
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Save a place at the table for us "Big Willie"
    halfrack
    NET Rookie

• halfrack wrote:Is hawkhat still having adventures? I hope everything is alright with Guido. I miss the great places I've never been to and the food I've never eaten. :(

It has been a bit hectic here recently, but hopefully after bowling league tonight I can settle in and post another adventure.

Nobody > Radish

AsylumGuido
    * Class Act Saints Fan *

• Uh...RADISH....is Plymouth where they landed the Mayflower??? We have a New Plymouth here in My state near me. I think that is where the Pinta ended up after it rode the Snake river and took a wrong right turn. :twisted:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:Uh...RADISH....is Plymouth where they landed the Mayflower??? We have a New Plymouth here in My state near me. I think that is where the Pinta ended up after it rode the Snake river and took a wrong right turn. :twisted:

Different Plymouth but same Mayflower.

:D

How are you Dennis?
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:Uh...RADISH....is Plymouth where they landed the Mayflower??? We have a New Plymouth here in My state near me. I think that is where the Pinta ended up after it rode the Snake river and took a wrong right turn. :twisted:

How are you Dennis?

I am doing ok. Need to visit you and a few friends in the area there. Last time it was airshow time and I dont like too many vehicle things going on. So I came home after visiting family in O-town. I am trying to bulk up a bit this time for hunting....but my cat wont let me. Yanno how cats are. Hope to see you in a few weeks if that would work out. Friend retirement on the end of the month and then I am free. Other things going on too. I shall keep in touch.
    El Gato
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    The Radish wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:Uh...RADISH....is Plymouth where they landed the Mayflower??? We have a New Plymouth here in My state near me. I think that is where the Pinta ended up after it rode the Snake river and took a wrong right turn. :twisted:

How are you Dennis?

I am doing ok. Need to visit you and a few friends in the area there. Last time it was airshow time and I dont like too many vehicle things going on. So I came home after visiting family in O-town. I am trying to bulk up a bit this time for hunting....but my cat wont let me. Yanno how cats are. Hope to see you in a few weeks if that would work out. Friend retirement on the end of the month and then I am free. Other things going on too. I shall keep in touch.
    El Gato

You're welcome anytime. If I didn't give you my cell number in the past let me know and I'll PM it to you.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    The Radish wrote:

How are you Dennis?

El Gato

You're welcome anytime. If I didn't give you my cell number in the past let me know and I'll PM it to you.

PM please. I did get it in a conversation we had during a season game. But I forgot to rite it down. :shock:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Ok guido. The time has come to see if you wanna give up the hat for a journey with me for a week? I'm not going to Seattle probably until February, buuuut of all places to bring the hat, San Fran next month for the chocolate festival. How bout it? I leave sept 10th if you wanna get together at muddys for the exchange. Let me know

Sean
    scarmody67
    NET Bench Warmer

• scarmody67 wrote:Ok guido. The time has come to see if you wanna give up the hat for a journey with me for a week? I'm not going to Seattle probably until February, buuuut of all places to bring the hat, San Fran next month for the chocolate festival. How bout it? I leave sept 10th if you wanna get together at muddys for the exchange. Let me know

Sean

When will you be back? I'll be leaving late in the month to go to New York, Boston and Canada.

Nobody > Radish

AsylumGuido
    * Class Act Saints Fan *

• I would be happy to sport that hat at the Hawks vs. San Diego game on Sep. 14th.
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:I would be happy to sport that hat at the Hawks vs. San Diego game on Sep. 14th.

I'm sure you would, but he has more to do here. HH is going to New Orleans at the end of next month. You'll see where he was later tonight. I have been remiss in my duties.

Nobody > Radish

AsylumGuido
    * Class Act Saints Fan *

• AsylumGuido wrote:
    scarmody67 wrote:Ok guido. The time has come to see if you wanna give up the hat for a journey with me for a week? I'm not going to Seattle probably until February, buuuut of all places to bring the hat, San Fran next month for the chocolate festival. How bout it? I leave sept 10th if you wanna get together at muddys for the exchange. Let me know

Sean

When will you be back? I'll be leaving late in the month to go to New York, Boston and Canada.

I will be back in town on the 16th
    scarmody67
    NET Bench Warmer

• I would be more in line with leaving it with Guido. The story line is there and changing gears at this date would be ill advised in my opinion.

But this is up to Guido. The hat is in his possession to do with as he wishes.

I've gone through a journey myself during this time.

The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:I would be more in line with leaving it with Guido. The story line is there and changing gears at this date would be ill advised in my opinion.

But this is up to Guido. The hat is in his possession to do with as he wishes.

I've gone through a journey myself during this time.

I have had quite a bit of things going on myself. I swear I have some good stuff to share. Hold on.

Nobody > Radish

AsylumGuido
    * Class Act Saints Fan *

• *** Continuing Journeys of Hawk Hat - 8/22/2014 - Hawk Hat and Guido take the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge ***

Hawk Hat and I have excepted this challenge from my son, Cameron, and am stilling donating to TeamGleason.org. I ask my challengees, AbsoluteNET (Seahawks.NET), Phocis850 (AtlantaFalconsTalk.com) and Halo (BlackandGold.com) to do the same. You have 24 hours to accept the challenge and/or donate $100 to @TeamGleason #NoWhiteFlags

Nobody > Radish

AsylumGuido
    * Class Act Saints Fan *

• Guido... ALS with Hawk Hat - You da MAN!!!

And thanks for nominating one of our own. ;-)
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE ARCHIVES ]

Information