Steam & Wired Xbox 360 Controller

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Steam & Wired Xbox 360 Controller
Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:52 pm
  • Anyone know why they might not be working well with each other?

It's OEM and I have updated all the drivers.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Re: Steam & Wired Xbox 360 Controller
Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:39 pm
  • I've had a 360 controller for a couple of years now that i use with games like GTA 4 on steam, I've never had a problem with it. Mine has been fine since day one without having to install updated drivers or anything.

Mine is the wireless version with the usb receiver though. Does windows see the controller at all?

I have had issues with one game, it was a baseball game and while I love baseball games and have played them for years I could not get the bat to swing no matter what I did, but that was mostly because it was a crappy port.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Re: Steam & Wired Xbox 360 Controller
Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:19 pm
  • If you're running the 64-bit version of Windows 7 or 8, uninstall it in device manager and delete the driver, unplug it, then reboot into allow unsigned driver mode, (Google it) and plug it back in so it installs the driver while in unsigned mode, then reboot and see if it works. This is only valid for 64-bit versions of 7 & 8, but this got a PS3 controller working for a friend of mine, even though the drivers Windows has for it aren't unsigned.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information