Does anyone own a Samsung Galaxy Note?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • bryantology79 wrote:thats crazy...no juice defender or anything like that on those note 3's?

Hell no, you don't need any tricks to get ridiculous battery life on a Note. They come with huge batteries built in, but they still have a very thin form factor. Obviously the Note 3 is a lot wider and taller than the iPhone 5S, but it's nearly as thin. The iPhone 5S is 7.6mm thick, and the Galaxy Note 3 is 8.3mm thick. Less than a millimeter thicker.

The battery life on the Note 3 smokes the iPhone 5S or any other phone on the market except for the couple of other Note competitors like the Droid Razr MAXX which also comes with a huge battery.

The faux leather back on the Note 3 is a bigger deal than most people realize, too. It feels amazing to the touch compared to all other phones on the market.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• You guys sold me. My contract is up in May and I am just going to buy this phone outright and will be contract free per advice from Mr. Deschain. I found one on Amazon for just under $300.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Are you talking about the Note, Note 2, or Note 3?
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Note 3

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• A Note 3 off contract for $300? That seems awfully cheap. Make sure it works. :)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• This is brand new on amazon

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I have the Note II, and it is fantastic. I love the large screen as it makes the on-screen keyboard actually somewhat useful.

The S-Pen and ability to write notes on top of images is very useful. I'm constantly pulling up medical imagery, jotting some notes or diagrams over the top of an image (i.e. MRI), and emailing to a colleague or patient. I find the note-taking functionality a little less useful because even with the larger screen, it's just too small of an area to write much more than a single sentence.

I've had mine for a little over a year, got it when it was first released. It's been very reliable and the battery life is fantastic. I've been very impressed with Samsung smartphones, they tend to reliable and have many useful features.

I rooted my Note and flashed it with the new 4.3 ROM (same as the Note 3) and it is really nice as well. The Note 3 would be a great buy.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Re: Does anyone own a Samsung Galaxy Note?
Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:02 pm
  • I broke down and bought the Note 3 today. Costco was able to do some hacking to let me keep my unlimited data but still use an upgrade and buy the phone at upgrade price. Take that, Verizon! :D

This thing is sick.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:I broke down and bought the Note 3 today. Costco was able to do some hacking to let me keep my unlimited data but still use an upgrade and buy the phone at upgrade price. Take that, Verizon! :D

This thing is sick.

How in the hell did they pull that off? I want to upgrade, but don't want to give up my unlimited.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• taz291819 wrote:How in the hell did they pull that off? I want to upgrade, but don't want to give up my unlimited.

I'm not sure, and the guy wouldn't tell me the specifics. Go to your local Costco and flat-out ask if you can use an upgrade on your Verizon account and still keep unlimited data. The guy told me he expects their ability to do this to end soon, but no hint as to how soon.

Don't delay.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:19 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information