aaaaaaaand the award for the dumbest movie i've seen goes to

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • "Excuse me, but my friend is a little slow. Town is THAT WAY!"

    Classic stuff.
    35!
    AHH-OOH!
    User avatar
    KK84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 842
    Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:01 pm
    Location: Bensalem, PA


  • People exist who don't like Dumb and Dumber? I mean, I'm one of .NET's biggest movie snobs, and even I think that movie is hilarious. It has a brisk story that takes advantage of its settings and concepts, it sets up its jokes and delivers consistently, and it's entirely quotable.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15630
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • ...so you're saying there's a chance
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10624
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


  • Rubber. That is by far the dumbest movie
    If .NET did not exist I would get so much more work done during the day!
    HawkinNY
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 302
    Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:12 am
    Location: Albany, NY


  • recently: Jack the giant slayer

    all time: Jeepers Creepers 1&2

    and if you took dumb and dumber seriously you should be in the sequel
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3468
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


  • "Jobs" was awful for a movie. Could have been a show on the History channel (except that it was fact based, unlike whats on that mostly nowadays).

    All time worst.. The Mask of Zorro.. when he walked out of the explosion unscathed, carrying a child and 10 other cliches I walked out. The first GI Joe movie.. I could write pages on this. MiB II...
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 6121
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:41 pm


  • Vetamur wrote:"Jobs" was awful for a movie. Could have been a show on the History channel (except that it was fact based, unlike whats on that mostly nowadays).

    All time worst.. The Mask of Zorro.. when he walked out of the explosion unscathed, carrying a child and 10 other cliches I walked out. The first GI Joe movie.. I could write pages on this. MiB II...


    MIB 2 was bad, but MIB 3 was REALLY good
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3468
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


  • I watched Sharknado last night. It's pretty good.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

    - Barbie from Toy Story 3
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2639
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


  • I still think hands down the dumbest movie I have ever seen is Volcano with Tommy Lee Jones.
    BEVELL IS THE DEVIL
    User avatar
    storm74
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 594
    Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:43 pm
    Location: davenport


  • Image
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5545
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


  • HawkinNY wrote:Rubber. That is by far the dumbest movie


    The sentient tire on a killing spree? Definitely.
    Image
    susitnagal
    * NET Alaskan Hottie *
     
    Posts: 99
    Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:32 am


  • Abortion sequels of two cult classics.

    Caddyshack II

    Weekend at bernies 2

    Unwatchably Horrible and stupid. Both of them!

    Oh, and I'd also throw in just about my most hated movie of all time, "Eight Crazy Nights". The animated Adam Sandler Hanukkah movie. It confirmed what I had always suspected. That Adam Sandler really does have the humor sophistication of an 11 year old boy.
    Image

    May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 2726
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


  • The Blair Witch Project (Sorry Myster Matt). Halfway thru I was so bored and agitated at the same time I as hoping the characters all got wacked to put them out of my misery! Biggest steaming pile of crap I've ever paid to see.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12160
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • Sharknado or would you rather
    Image
    User avatar
    Minne
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1118
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 2:30 pm
    Location: Camano Island


  • Just watched half an hour of some Resident Evil movie (pretty sure it was the latest one) and my lord...it has everything you love to hate.

    -One liners
    -TERRIBLE acting
    -Just awful CGI for a big budget film
    -A caddy with spinner rims and under glow that can withstand a .50 cal onslaught

    If you like to watch abominations, you need to see this trash.
    Image

    Go Hawks.
    User avatar
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2235
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am


  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:Just watched half an hour of some Resident Evil movie (pretty sure it was the latest one) and my lord...it has everything you love to hate.

    -One liners
    -TERRIBLE acting
    -Just awful CGI for a big budget film
    -A caddy with spinner rims and under glow that can withstand a .50 cal onslaught

    If you like to watch abominations, you need to see this trash.


    I couldn't get past the third minute where they had her katana going hilt deep in the creatures' chest she was fighting and then not having the blade sticking out of the creatures' back. I figured you couldn't get any worse than that.
    FIRE CABLE! 6 Home Games 9 False Starts By Linemen Lack Of Discipline
    Image
    User avatar
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1566
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 pm


  • BASF wrote:
    SouthSoundHawk wrote:Just watched half an hour of some Resident Evil movie (pretty sure it was the latest one) and my lord...it has everything you love to hate.

    -One liners
    -TERRIBLE acting
    -Just awful CGI for a big budget film
    -A caddy with spinner rims and under glow that can withstand a .50 cal onslaught

    If you like to watch abominations, you need to see this trash.


    I couldn't get past the third minute where they had her katana going hilt deep in the creatures' chest she was fighting and then not having the blade sticking out of the creatures' back. I figured you couldn't get any worse than that.


    DAMMIT! I missed everything but the last like 30-40 minutes.

    WILL BE WATCHING IN IT'S ENTIRETY, ASAP.
    Image

    Go Hawks.
    User avatar
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2235
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am


  • I just watched 20 minutes of, This is the End, last night. Horrible. I know a ton of people that say that was the funniest movie they've seen. That's where movie making has stooped to.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9343
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:I just watched 20 minutes of, This is the End, last night. Horrible. I know a ton of people that say that was the funniest movie they've seen. That's where movie making has stooped to.


    Yeah, that was a disappointment. It had a few funny moments but to call it a "film" is disingenuous. It was a money grab like Grown Ups but with guys who haven't completely mailed it in yet.

    Speaking of, Grown Ups is one of the worst movies I've ever had the pleasure of being dragged to.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8822
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


  • AbsolutNET wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:I just watched 20 minutes of, This is the End, last night. Horrible. I know a ton of people that say that was the funniest movie they've seen. That's where movie making has stooped to.


    Yeah, that was a disappointment. It had a few funny moments but to call it a "film" is disingenuous. It was a money grab like Grown Ups but with guys who haven't completely mailed it in yet.

    Speaking of, Grown Ups is one of the worst movies I've ever had the pleasure of being dragged to.


    That's call for getting divorced/never seeing that friend again.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15630
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • And Bubble Boy is on CC right now. That movie should be mentioned.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9343
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


  • I loved This Is the End, I've seen it twice now! :)
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5545
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


  • twisted_steel2 wrote:I loved This Is the End, I've seen it twice now! :)


    I love that movie too. Oh well
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7340
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • -The Glove- wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:I loved This Is the End, I've seen it twice now! :)


    I love that movie too. Oh well


    I get I'm in the minority. Everyone for the most part is in the same boat as you guys. I just don't get it. It was bad.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9343
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


  • There's a lot of really awful movies, but my personal worst is probably The Grudge. I laughed so hard at how poorly it was attempting to be scary.
    Bryce84
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 54
    Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:11 pm


Previous


It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Msfann, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests