Kingdome - GUINNESS WORLD RECORD!!

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Kingdome - GUINNESS WORLD RECORD!!
Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:03 pm
  • Great Video from multiple locations. :th2thumbs:

Controlled Demolition, Inc. (CDI) of Phoenix, Maryland (acting as Implosion Subcontractor to Aman Environmental Construction, Inc. of Oakland, California), captures a GUINNESS WORLD RECORD for the "Largest Structure (by volume) To Be Demolished Using Explosives" in their performance of the successful implosion of the 19.821 million cubic foot, reinforced concrete Kingdome Sports Arena in Seattle, Washington at 8:30 AM on Sunday, March 26, 2000.

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Re: Kingdome - GUINNESS WORLD RECORD!!
Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:21 pm
  • I watched that live, in person. Me and the wife got up early that Sunday morning and went to the park right off I-90. GREAT view! The whole hillside counted down off of Kiro radio, and then BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM! Then the collapse and that massive dust cloud. I'd have to say that was the coolest thing I've ever witnessed! Weird how it doesn't seem that long ago, even though it was what? 15, 16 years ago? Very cool... And met Jean Enerson that day! lol.

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:21 am
  • Sat on top of a bus stop and inhaled the concrete. Can't remember what street. Was looking almost dead south.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:37 am
  • Why no internal cameras? That would have been awesome to see the view from inside!
    #NEXTMANUP
    #LEAVEMARSHAWNALONE
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information