What do you guys think ?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
What do you guys think ?
Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: What do you guys think ?
Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:51 pm
  • I'll take 2. One in that dark grey. One red.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:18 pm
  • I thought the recent years Covette was butt ugly.

this one is not to bad but now looks like all the Japanese cars from the side.

:141847_bnono:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:04 pm
  • I wonder what the Top Gear guys will have to say about it. they tend to not like American cars much. Well Richard Hammond seems to like them.
    Most of the times it comes down to them not liking the way most of them corner at high speeds (over steer/under steer etc)but it seems like American cars are starting to catch up on that issue.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:11 pm
  • Too bad it's built by the same "engineers" that brought you the Cavalier. My first new car, and last-ever General Motors POS. I personally wouldn't touch it if it was given to me for free.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:56 pm
  • What does it look like when it transforms?
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:38 pm
  • Interesting, they've got an older Porsche thing going on.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:37 am
  • Sorry but the Corvette to me has been lame since 1973. I've said it for years...Chevrolet needs to break out of their tired mold and really bring the Corvette into the future. Every time I see "the new Vette" it's a disappointment to me. Enough with trying to look like a Corvette from previous years. It's time to be radically different. Even this new Stingray, as cool as it may look to many, to me, still looks like a Corvette with maybe a few new lines. Meh.

Sure I am biased, after all, nothing beats the lines of an Italian supercar to me like the Lambo or Ferrari, but that's the refreshing design mind that needs to be considered IMO.

Anything less, is, well...What we've been getting from Chevy since 1973.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:43 am
  • For instance...If you showed me this image and said this was a glimpse of the 2014 Vette, I would say, "Now we're getting somewhere..."

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:40 am
  • There's a few running around here now and a guy I've done some business with just took delivery of one. Hasn't come by yet with it, but I've been promised a chance to drive it. Can't wait.

I can understand some of the appearance comments I'm reading here as a car like this should be certain way for certain people, but when you look at it purely from a mechanical and performance standpoint, it is really something else. A lot about comfort and stability has been improved with this car. Subsequent, higher horsepower versions to be released later will be even more impressive. The ones I've seen blasting past the shop with mustangs and hemis chasing look and sound pretty awesome.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:31 am
  • I like it, I think it looks really nice especially the convertible stingray, however I still like what Caddy is doing with the CTS-V more.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:02 am
  • I have to admit, I like it as well.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:22 am
  • Not as "trying too hard" as I was expecting, but it does look like it got the Pixar treatment.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:20 am
  • Aros wrote:Sorry but the Corvette to me has been lame since 1973. I've said it for years...Chevrolet needs to break out of their tired mold and really bring the Corvette into the future. Every time I see "the new Vette" it's a disappointment to me. Enough with trying to look like a Corvette from previous years. It's time to be radically different. Even this new Stingray, as cool as it may look to many, to me, still looks like a Corvette with maybe a few new lines. Meh.

Sure I am biased, after all, nothing beats the lines of an Italian supercar to me like the Lambo or Ferrari, but that's the refreshing design mind that needs to be considered IMO.

I kind of get what you're saying, but c'mon man, you're comparing a sporty American coupe that starts at around $50k, to Italian supercars that start at $200k and go up rapidly from there. That's just not a fair comparison at all, it's like comparing a Hyundai Elantra to a BMW M3.
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:43 am
  • Aros wrote:For instance...If you showed me this image and said this was a glimpse of the 2014 Vette, I would say, "Now we're getting somewhere..."

Car design, by way of Battlestar Galactica. Nice...
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:01 pm
  • I like it, I think they did a good job with it.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:21 am

Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:21 pm
  • Bang-for-the-buck wise, the Corvette is tough to beat. If I had that kind of cash to spend on a toy, I would look elsewhere. I may not get as much performance, but I'm thinking maybe a Saleen Mustang...
    SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:59 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:I'll take 2. One in that dark grey. One red.

49ers colors. It figures.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:03 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I'll take 2. One in that dark grey. One red.

49ers colors. It figures.

I didn't even notice that. Why you gotta betray us, J?
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:44 pm
  • I agree 100% with Aros. I haven't liked any Corvette since the original Stingray. My Aunt and Uncle owned one, won plenty of car shows with it, then sold it and that added a nice supplement to their retirement income.

With that said, I have undoubtedly respected Corvettes since the C6 Z06 and ZR-1 came out. Those two cars are amazing performance/dollar vehicles. Corvettes and GTR's have been THE budget super cars the last few years.

I have always been a bigger fan of the Viper. To me, that car is different from everything else on the road just about. The only car maker that has made something similar (IMO) to a Viper in the past 20 years is TVR, because no one makes cars so bare-bones, inherently dangerous and fulfilling to drive - at that type of price point.

A Viper is a big boy's driver's car. 6 speed manual connected to a V10 with rear-wheel drive, ABS (as of around 2000 give or take a year), side-exit exhaust and not much else.

I have always thought the styling was more attractive on Vipers and this generation of each has set the Viper farther apart from the Corvette in my opinion. The new Corvette, to me, looks like a hack job of trying to take the C6 and make it look like a Ferrari. I honestly think it took a step back. The headlights and lines on the hood coupled with that grill are appalling. I think the rear-end looks pretty good, though I'm not sold on the Camaro-style brake lights. I still haven't seen a new Corvette in person, which is the point at which I will make my final decision on the car's looks.

Some cars just look way better in person :p
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:47 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:Bang-for-the-buck wise, the Corvette is tough to beat. If I had that kind of cash to spend on a toy, I would look elsewhere. I may not get as much performance, but I'm thinking maybe a Saleen Mustang...

No way, get the new GT500 Mustang. Most horsepower out of a production V8 in the world. This is coming from a Saleen fan :p

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/shelby-gt50 ... -test.html
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:34 pm
  • Hadn't seen it until now, thats a Nice looking Vett, I really like it, much more than the last few models.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:36 pm
  • Aros wrote:Sorry but the Corvette to me has been lame since 1973. I've said it for years...Chevrolet needs to break out of their tired mold and really bring the Corvette into the future. Every time I see "the new Vette" it's a disappointment to me. Enough with trying to look like a Corvette from previous years. It's time to be radically different. Even this new Stingray, as cool as it may look to many, to me, still looks like a Corvette with maybe a few new lines. Meh.

Amen brother! I do like the blue color though. Of course, blue is my favorite color.

GO HAWKS!
    FPD
    * NET Admin *

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:35 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information