Gravity: The Movie

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Gravity: The Movie
Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:33 am
  • Anyone seen it yet? Looks awesome and the reviews are off the charts. I cant get my wife or kids to go see it with me. One thing I found interesting is that the trailer below is actually available in 1440P! Thats the highest resolution Trailer I have ever seen.

#NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Re: Gravity: The Movie
Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:12 pm
  • Yea I saw it, was really good.

The 3D in combination with the space scenes.... was awesome, just beautiful! Probably should have done the IMAX 3D instead of the regular 3D, oh well.

Just sucks you in so much, forgot I was watching a movie at times. Just zoned in. I will say this, if you're not a fan of Sandra Bullock, probably not the movie for you, basically it's her for 90 minutes.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:21 pm
  • Going to be watching this thread. I'm very on the fence about seeing this movie...
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:36 pm
  • Gotta see it.

My folks both worked on the Gemini and Apollo space program, and me on the Shuttle.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:39 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Gotta see it.

My folks both worked on the Gemini and Apollo space program, and me on the Shuttle.

On that note I just read that Scott Carpenter passed away today! He wasn't exactly portrayed well in the Right stuff but any of the Mercury Astronauts are gods in my eyes!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/11/us/sc ... .html?_r=0
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:03 pm
  • I want to go see it...The wife doesn't want to see it in 3D though. Would it be a waste to see it on regular screen?

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:18 pm
  • Aros wrote:I want to go see it...The wife doesn't want to see it in 3D though. Would it be a waste to see it on regular screen?

I'm not a big 3D guy, but in this case.... Yea it would be a shame to see it on a normal screen.

The space scenes are just so big and immense, the 3D just really works in that medium. Don't limit the experience.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:10 pm
  • You talked her into it! Cool!

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:28 pm
  • Yes, see it in 3D. Phenomenal.
    * NET Staff *

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:24 am
  • Add IMAX to the 3-D.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:52 pm
  • Not a fan of Sandra Bullock, and not completely sold on a movie about her falling for an hour.

Will check it out on DVD though.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:37 pm
  • Good movie, worth the watch.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:54 pm
  • Just watched it tonight, for sure go see it in 3D! Well worth it, and thats coming from someone who doest like 3D movies
    AshamanMat
    NET Starter

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:46 am
  • Update: Went and saw it yesterday. I am no fan of 3D movies but I decided to watch it in Real 3D. Not sure it added to the movie substantially other than all the debris flying at you. Overall I was very impressed with the movie though. lots of tense moments and the cinematography was amazing. I was trying to think of the sheer dollar value involved in all the destruction in this movie! I will definitely be adding this one to my Blu Ray collection. They did a fantastic job of making this movie as realistic as possible. I am a big fan of space exploration and I would highly recommend this one. If you can get to an IMAX even better.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:43 pm
  • Sandra Bullock :3:
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:25 pm
  • I am definitely recommending this one. I saw it at the Alderwood Mall 3d IMAX. What a spectacle! I love good special effects, and it blew me away! I've been a fan of 3d since Avatar, but my wife could always take it or leave it, usually leave it. But she said it was so good that seeing it in 2d would really rob you of how enveloped you get with that huge screen and very well done 3d. There were a couple parts where my wife moved her head to avoid getting hit by flying debris! Anyways, as you can tell I loved it and am planning on seeing it again at the same theater next Sunday since there's no Hawks game on, and before it leaves IMAX screens.

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:35 am
  • I too am on the fence about this one. Help me if Im wrong, but it seems like a 90 minute movie of just Sandra Bullock in a horrible escalating situation. Which got me thinking about Buried with Ryan Reynolds. I just dont like when a whole movie involves just one character on screen. However, I will say I am completely intrigued by the cinematography and CGI.

Is the story actually any good, or is just a lot of eye candy that makes up for it?
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:05 pm
  • Cartire wrote:I too am on the fence about this one. Help me if Im wrong, but it seems like a 90 minute movie of just Sandra Bullock in a horrible escalating situation. Which got me thinking about Buried with Ryan Reynolds. I just dont like when a whole movie involves just one character on screen. However, I will say I am completely intrigued by the cinematography and CGI.

Is the story actually any good, or is just a lot of eye candy that makes up for it?

There's a story there, sure. I didn't see the Buried movie so I cant comment on that, just the commercials made me claustrophobic.

Just go see it! :th2thumbs:
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:58 pm
  • Just watched it in imax3d. Cough up the dough and go top shelf if you haven't seen it. It's worth the extra money.
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:32 pm
  • I'm very cynical when it comes to movies. I guessed the ending and a major (for this movie) plot twist in "Gravity" before they happened, and I can usually spot an obvious and easy CGI effect a mile away. I hate most modern movies.

So it's saying something that I was still on the edge of my seat and completely wowed by the entire movie, and would heartily recommend it to anyone. The digital effects are simple, convincing, and gorgeous; Sandra Bullock, for a movie of this short a running time, does an astonishing job making you care about her character. Go see this movie.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information