So, extra money shows up in your account. You.....

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13

So, extra money shows up in your account. You.....

A. Spend it before someone notices.
17%
B. Notify the bank of an error.
36%
C. Leave it alone until someone else notices.
48%

Total votes : 42

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:Just watch Farscape on Netflix, they have Firefly and many other shows as well. This is much easier than pirating IMO.

I can literally start the downloads in like 60 seconds. Netflix is hardly much faster. (I do love my Netflix, and I've been a subscriber for years, though.) I like to watch true HD, when I can, however. Netflix is close, but you can definitely see the difference between Netflix and a quality Blu-ray rip.

You know the main reason I avoid Netflix when I can, though? No 5.1 surround sound through the web browser. You're stuck with stereo sound on Netflix if you don't have a device with a Netflix app that supports 5.1 audio through the app, like a PS3.

Which is why I own a PS3. Well, that and the games. Some shows aren't worth it in HD anyway IMO, but to each their own in that regard.
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• There are two reasons I'm probably buying a PS4. (I have never purchased an Xbox or a Playstation, any of the generations. I'm a PC gamer.) Netflix and Madden. It's kind of sad that those are reasons I need to buy a $400 console for, but it is what it is. Also, I know to anyone reading this that I can get like an $80 Blu-ray player with a Netflix app on it that supports 5.1 audio, but since I can't really avoid playing Madden any longer, (I stopped buying it when they stopped making it for PC, and coincidentally, the last PC version was the one that featured Shaun Alexander on the cover) there's no reason to buy a Blu-ray player AND a PS4 when the only reason I want the Blu-ray player is for 5.1 Netflix audio.

DTexHawk wrote:There is no way to stop determined people from robbing banks, stealing entire ATM's, breaking into houses, stealing cars, .......................

So it's all good!

This is a stupid attempt at an analogy. Not even close to comparable.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I do admit to one time back in the 80s seeing a wallet laying in the middle of a street, turning around and driving back to pick it whereupon I saw there was like $70 in it. I kept the cash but left the credit cards in it and anonymously mailed it back to the owner using his drivers license address. I justified it by telling myself it was my reward for returning his cards, licenses etc. and the time I spent packaging it up and going to post office to mail it to him. Not honest and I wouldn't do it now......or at least I'd like to think I wouldn't.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• I'm pretty disappointed in the results of this poll, though it doesn't surprise me. The lack of empathy in the general population keeps going down at alarming levels. Each new generation keeps downgrading, though that's not that surprising seeing as my own drug-addled generation bred them. There actually used to be a time, not that long ago where people would leave their doors unlocked and not think a thing about it. Now the thought of stealing other peoples money is, pfffft, no biggie. Screw them. I don't care about the pain they'll feel when they realize that now they can't pay for this or that 'cause some piece of shit humanoid doesn't care about some other person's problems. Nobody ever seems to put themselves in some other persons shoes anymore. They just don't care. Comeuppance is a bitch, and I look forward to it for you many pieces of shit in the human race. It'll happen eventually to you pieces of crap, then you'll know how it feels, you self-centered a-holes. I'm only talking to you lame-ass quasi-humans that this applies to obviously, not the good people here, of all ages, that I know still exist.
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Without knowing the ages of those that voted with each option, isn't it just a big assumption on your part that empathy is going down at an alarming rate?
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Oh, c'mon Roland. Just a simple look over the last 40 years should easily support my theory. My parents from the 40's/50's said the same thing... and they were right. Each generation tries to out-shock the previous generation. And they always succeed. What is the end game here if this trend continues? Oh, you'll see it buddy... give it 20 years. Thankfully, I'm gonna die soon enough... But you'll have to witness it as an old guy. It's gonna really suck by the time you're yelling at kids to get off your lawn! And believe me, I used to be cool and thought I'd never say shit like this!
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• What's it called when people think things are always getting worse with each new generation, and that people were morally superior back in the day? There's a phrase for this fallacy, but I can't think of it at the moment. In any case, look at crime stats for violent crimes and the like, and you'll quickly see you're wrong about people getting worse. The impression that there's more crime and more murder is because of increased air play on TV and in the general media about it.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:What's it called when people think things are always getting worse with each new generation, and that people were morally superior back in the day? There's a phrase for this fallacy, but I can't think of it at the moment. In any case, look at crime stats for violent crimes and the like, and you'll quickly see you're wrong about people getting worse. The impression that there's more crime and more murder is because of increased air play on TV and in the general media about it.

As Grandpa Simpson once said..."Ohhhh.... YOU'LL see" LMAO! And you will. God I wish we could set a date to where I could say "Told ya so". But I'll probably be dead by then... damnit! I hate missing a good "Told you so!". grrrr... :lol:

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Lol, Blue. Time'll tell...Not that you'll know! :devil:
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information