Toy/Action Figure Collectors?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Toy/Action Figure Collectors?
Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:29 pm
  • In '99 when Episode I came out I bought a butt load of Commtech action figures. I think I got around 50 or so, most of the original first wave. Still have them in a box, doubt they'll ever be worth much but I'll always be a little proud of the collection.

Lately I've gotten back into collecting a little bit. Mostly Star Wars stuff but also Seahawks, Lord of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Michael Jackson, Transformers, Knight Rider etc. (yeah, I grew up in the 80's). I'm trying not to go overboard but once you get into it it becomes hard to control yourself haha.

Most recently I'm working on the Star Wars: The Black Series of 6 inch figures. They're pretty badass. A little on the spendy side for action figures but they're really effing cool and it's a pretty limited set thus far so getting the whole set isn't breaking the bank.

Also have a pretty good collection of Funko Pop! vinyl figures, thanks to my sister working there for a while. She got me the whole Michael Jackson set and the complete Game of Thrones set for free. Actually, shit... looking at the Thrones one now I see they've added more... and she doesn't work there anymore. Dammit.

What else you got?
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Re: Toy/Action Figure Collectors?
Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:12 pm
  • I'm a nerd. I don't care. It's fun.

Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:35 pm
  • Nerd here as well. I collect the vintage Star Wars Kenner figures as well as various DC and Marvel figures. Really, just anything that catches my eye as cool. I also have a few Kotobukya models. a few statues/maquettes, and a Hot Toys Captain America from the 1st movie.
    Donk70
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:02 pm
  • How many Star Wars Kenner figures do you have? I, like a lot of kids, had a bunch of those growing up until I blew them all up with firecrackers before I was old enough to realize what a stupid thing that was to do. Eh, still worth it.

I think next I'm gonna go in on the mid-2000's Transformers/Star Wars crossover starfighters. I remember getting one of those for a friend's kid for his birthday and always wishing I'd kept it for myself. Well, now's the time, I suppose.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:12 pm
  • I got a RW Lego...

And yeah that's a mini helmet, be jealous.
    Attachments
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (355.85 KiB) Viewed 106 times
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:20 pm
  • Haha I have both of those things. They are awesome.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:26 pm
  • A neighbor had a whole room full of action figures of Star Wars and Trek and another room of other things figurine wise.
    He was also into technical stuff too. I found this out after he passed on and his family did not want a lot of his figures
    and stuff. I got some of them. Just communicators (trek) and a dozen or so other items. I do have the 4 bits of the
    Lord of the rings items that came with the extended versions of the films. Not much otherwise tho. Not that important
    for some reason any more. I also have a 1/4 moon with a shuttle galileo on it that says Merry Xmas by Spock.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information