Walking Dead: Season 4

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Walking Dead: Season 4
Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:09 pm
  • I wish this was the shack so I can express just how badly that finale sucked
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:11 pm
  • It started with a bang with Rick snapping.

The season as a whole was just kinda meh.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:13 pm
  • Pretty much...the story seemed to have no focus. And what's with the random flashbacks? Did I miss something about why they kept flashing back to Herschel and the prison?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:24 pm
  • I think it was a point of reference from where Rick was this non violent Ghandi type dude, and in this episode he turned into a complete mad man.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:24 pm
  • You guys are either dense or just impossible to please.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:37 pm
  • 253hawk wrote:You guys are either dense or just impossible to please.
    ah that must be it. "If you don't like it, there must be something wrong with you!"
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:46 pm
  • Getting it and liking it are two entirely different things. Dense audiences are why shows like Dexter had to be dumbed-down to the point of constant redundancy and close-ups of LaGuerta circling BLACK SUV with a pen several times, just to make sure the plot wasn't going unnoticed.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:49 pm
  • 253hawk wrote:Getting it and liking it are two entirely different things. Dense audiences are why shows like Dexter had to be dumbed-down to the point of constant redundancy and close-ups of LaGuerta circling BLACK SUV with a pen several times, just to make sure the plot wasn't going unnoticed.
    I'm sorry can you explain that again. I don't understand
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:18 pm
  • TWD might be too high-brow for you. Try reality TV, like American Idol or something.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:22 pm
  • 253hawk wrote:TWD might be too high-brow for you. Try reality TV, like American Idol or something.

No thanks. I'll just go back to my reruns of Jersey Shore
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:56 pm
  • I'm bout to watch Saving Private Ryan though.

I don't get why we gotta be hostile cuz a few people said that the season was just not that exciting for them. The best episode was the one where they off'd Lizzie IMO. That episode was so well put together from beginning and the ending was so perfect, the music mixed with some quotes from the episode, it was really beautifully done. Other than that, compared to previous seasons, it just didn't stack up. Honestly I think next season is gonna be really good. Terminus is either full of cannibals (based on my research and risk of totally spoiling things for me, this is totally possible), or its full of complete psychos.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:37 pm
  • No sign of Beth....

"You hear a little girl Frankie?"
    KINGGRUMPY
    ** SSGT GRUMPY ** USAF BadAss

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:54 pm
  • KINGGRUMPY wrote:No sign of Beth....

They better not of killed off my boo on the show.

Though Rosita is nice...
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:08 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    KINGGRUMPY wrote:No sign of Beth....

They better not of killed off my boo on the show.

Though Rosita is nice...

Agreed.

"You hear a little girl Frankie?"
    KINGGRUMPY
    ** SSGT GRUMPY ** USAF BadAss

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:53 am
  • Interesting season to say the least. Even though the writing still kinda sucks it's better than anything since season 1 IMO. I'm glad they at least tried to develop characters who should have been last year, even if it was hit or miss, and gave the Governor a pretty badass conclusion. Agreed on Lizzie episode, that was solid. If season 5 will be more like the first half of season 4, I am looking forward to it. The pacing and intro to new problems (virus) were actually interesting.

As far as Terminus.... if they aren't cannibals it is definitely some type of cult. The huge amounts of meat every time we've seen that creepy lady at the grill makes me think they're the Hunters though. They are following the comics progression even if it's become different, so it would make sense.

Also, Michelle MacLaren directed the episode last night and she directed a handful of Breaking Bad episodes (to'hajiilee). The far away shots at the end while walking individually to the train car were soo Breaking Bad like, made me miss it.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:18 am
  • Daughter and I enjoyed the entire season. Wasn't aware that TV snob was a thing but 253 has cleared things up on that front. Looking forward to season 5.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:50 pm
  • It just annoys me when people rip on a show because they "don't get it" or are hyper-critical of the writing/directing. It's TV entertainment, not Renaissance art. It's apparently so bad, that they continue to watch it anyway and bitch about it even more, week after week. These are probably the same people that freak out when someone made a bad play and demands that they get benched or rip the whole team for *gasp* losing a game.

I've enjoyed every episode to date, and I don't even care much for zombie crap. But thankfully, that's not the point of the show and last night's episode was a microcosm of that and the entire series thus far.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:59 pm
  • 253hawk wrote:It just annoys me when people rip on a show because they "don't get it" or are hyper-critical of the writing/directing. It's TV entertainment, not Renaissance art. It's apparently so bad, that they continue to watch it anyway and bitch about it even more, week after week. These are probably the same people that freak out when someone made a bad play and demands that they get benched or rip the whole team for *gasp* losing a game.

I've enjoyed every episode to date, and I don't even care much for zombie crap. But thankfully, that's not the point of the show and last night's episode was a microcosm of that and the entire series thus far.
    take a chill pill. Not everyone is going to like the same crap as you...and as I along with many others have said in the past, I've watched it since the beginning and have enjoyed most of it, so I'm going to watch it through to the end. Is it okay with you if I continue to express my frustrations and disappointments in the show?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:02 pm
  • I like the show. Liked last night's show.

But I do gotta agree. If you bitch and moan about something you are watching, it begs the question, why are you watching?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:20 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:I like the show. Liked last night's show.

But I do gotta agree. If you bitch and moan about something you are watching, it begs the question, why are you watching?

Because I like the show overall. I'm invested in it and the characters and would like to see where it goes. I didn't like plenty of episodes in Breaking Bad. Should I have just stop because I didn't like where the story was at?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:24 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:I like the show. Liked last night's show.

Because I like the show overall. I'm invested in it and the characters and would like to see where it goes. I didn't like plenty of episodes in Breaking Bad. Should I have just stop because I didn't like where the story was at?

That's your choice to watch a show that causes you to bitch about it. Perhaps you just like to bitch? Some people just ain't happy unless they are bitching. Human nature I suppose.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:25 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:

That's your choice to watch a show that causes you to bitch about it. Perhaps you just like to bitch? Some people just ain't happy unless they are bitching. Human nature I suppose.

Right... Because that's all I do Lol.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:30 pm
  • how was it possible to not like every episode of Breaking Bad? specially when Gus Fring around? lol
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:32 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:how was it possible to not like every episode of Breaking Bad? specially when Gus Fring around? lol
    Cause I just like to bitch lol. There was a few here n there I didn't like but most of it was top notch. Gus Fring was the man though.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:34 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:I like the show. Liked last night's show.

Ever played golf?
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:03 pm
  • Laloosh wrote:

Ever played golf?

Yes and it is a frustrating game. Thus the reason I don't play it or enjoy it.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:15 pm
  • I really liked the finale, the scene with Rick going off the rails was intense. I think I forgot to breathe the entire time, then the way they handled the aftermath, the shock of what happened, I thought was really well done.

I felt how traumatic that was for everyone, Daryl trying to tell Rick it was ok, Carl curled up like a baby with Michonne. C'mon people, that was good tv!

Did anyone catch the cage they ran past at the end? It was all bones and guts? And hearing people screaming for help?
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:54 pm
  • It was just bones from what quick glance I got of it, and there was a rib cage intact. Why would cannibals eat people and not nom on some ribs? That's the best part! Makes me thing they're sacrificing people like a sadist cult instead of eating them.

And I definitely heard a female voice from the shipping containers as they ran past; I thought that was going to be Maggie in there. Maybe it's Beth?
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:05 am
  • I think Tyresse/Carol will appear and one of them will get them out of the shipping railcar and then they will go out to the woods and get the weapons Rick stashed then kick some royal as.s!
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:21 am
  • 253hawk wrote:It was just bones from what quick glance I got of it, and there was a rib cage intact. Why would cannibals eat people and not nom on some ribs? That's the best part! Makes me thing they're sacrificing people like a sadist cult instead of eating them.

And I definitely heard a female voice from the shipping containers as they ran past; I thought that was going to be Maggie in there. Maybe it's Beth?

Makes sense, they did show the strange chalk circle with candles in that one room they ran through. Kind of cultish, ceremonial.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:20 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:I think Tyresse/Carol will appear and one of them will get them out of the shipping railcar and then they will go out to the woods and get the weapons Rick stashed then kick some royal as.s!

I'm hoping they are as cautious as Rick was and scout the perimeter first, then stumble across the bag he buried. If they find it and see the crossbow bolts and Rick's Colt Python in there, they'll recognize both immediately and know something is wrong and not just walk into Terminus like a couple of sheep. There has to be a reason Rick left his signature gun behind in favor of two semi-automatics that no one would think twice about.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:58 pm

• Holy crap
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information