Hawks fans in Caracas? (Toronto layover)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Hawks fans in Caracas? (Toronto layover)
Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:22 pm
  • What's up guys/gals.
    Traveling to Caracas tomorrow and wondering if we have any fans down there? I'll be there for two weekends and streaming might be a little hard to do (feel free to PM any "help" :-p, just not sure what the inet connection is like at the house I'll be at). Question for anyone there or that has been: Will I be able to watch Huskies/Seahawks somewhere? My friend is in Buenos Aries right now and was able to get the UW/Stan game on a bar. I'd imagine if I found somewhere with ESPN-notdeportes I can watch the UW game this weekend.

I've got a full day layover in Toronto on Fri(land at 730am, take off again at 1155pm). I'm going to check out the tower, what else should I do if I'll be "downtown". Any .netters want to goof off Friday? hehe

Thanks is advance,

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• The Hell you doing in Venezuela?

Color me jealous.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Damn. Have fun, I'm sure you will!
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Don't go to that hotel that Brody's staying at. Doesn't seem too safe.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• Hmmm, well, I was there because my GF and her family are from there.
    Not sure if any of y'all have ever been there; but holy crap.
    First off, everyone has direct TV; so ESPN was not a problem. Some family member has Sunday ticket and NFL network; but I was in the middle of the jungle at the time so I jut caught up later, heh. We'll just say you don't go out at night to watch a game at "the bar" in Caracas... Glad I didn't expend any effort in watching the Dawgs...ugh.

That said..holy sh*t, Caracas is insane. Saw Ugueth "gas can" Urbina pitch to another major leaguer. Bobby Abreu was in the game too. Caracas is def not a place to go solo tho, you might be ok; but you might also get killed and dumped in a gutter and no one would know for maybe ever?. Also did Chichirivichi de la costa and Angel Falls (Canaima).
    Real effing monkeys in trees, Macaws just flying around and DART FROGS!
    I'll get some pics up shortly. Hate uploading stuff to 3rd party sites.

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information