What do you guys think ?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: What do you guys think ?
Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:44 pm
  • I agree 100% with Aros. I haven't liked any Corvette since the original Stingray. My Aunt and Uncle owned one, won plenty of car shows with it, then sold it and that added a nice supplement to their retirement income.

With that said, I have undoubtedly respected Corvettes since the C6 Z06 and ZR-1 came out. Those two cars are amazing performance/dollar vehicles. Corvettes and GTR's have been THE budget super cars the last few years.

I have always been a bigger fan of the Viper. To me, that car is different from everything else on the road just about. The only car maker that has made something similar (IMO) to a Viper in the past 20 years is TVR, because no one makes cars so bare-bones, inherently dangerous and fulfilling to drive - at that type of price point.

A Viper is a big boy's driver's car. 6 speed manual connected to a V10 with rear-wheel drive, ABS (as of around 2000 give or take a year), side-exit exhaust and not much else.

I have always thought the styling was more attractive on Vipers and this generation of each has set the Viper farther apart from the Corvette in my opinion. The new Corvette, to me, looks like a hack job of trying to take the C6 and make it look like a Ferrari. I honestly think it took a step back. The headlights and lines on the hood coupled with that grill are appalling. I think the rear-end looks pretty good, though I'm not sold on the Camaro-style brake lights. I still haven't seen a new Corvette in person, which is the point at which I will make my final decision on the car's looks.

Some cars just look way better in person :p
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:47 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:Bang-for-the-buck wise, the Corvette is tough to beat. If I had that kind of cash to spend on a toy, I would look elsewhere. I may not get as much performance, but I'm thinking maybe a Saleen Mustang...

No way, get the new GT500 Mustang. Most horsepower out of a production V8 in the world. This is coming from a Saleen fan :p

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/shelby-gt50 ... -test.html
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:34 pm
  • Hadn't seen it until now, thats a Nice looking Vett, I really like it, much more than the last few models.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:36 pm
  • Aros wrote:Sorry but the Corvette to me has been lame since 1973. I've said it for years...Chevrolet needs to break out of their tired mold and really bring the Corvette into the future. Every time I see "the new Vette" it's a disappointment to me. Enough with trying to look like a Corvette from previous years. It's time to be radically different. Even this new Stingray, as cool as it may look to many, to me, still looks like a Corvette with maybe a few new lines. Meh.

Sure I am biased, after all, nothing beats the lines of an Italian supercar to me like the Lambo or Ferrari, but that's the refreshing design mind that needs to be considered IMO.

Anything less, is, well...What we've been getting from Chevy since 1973.

Amen brother! I do like the blue color though. Of course, blue is my favorite color.

GO HAWKS!
    FPD
    * NET Admin *

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information