Boardwalk

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Boardwalk
Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:56 pm
  • So, I watch this every week. It really warmed up last year and hit its stride.

BUT

Anyone else think Buscemi's playing it all wrong? I just hate his angle, really.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Re: Boardwalk
Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:00 pm
  • Geoffrey Wright on the other hand....brilliant.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:31 pm
  • Jeffrey Wright is the worst thing to happen to that show yet. He overacts the hell out of every single line he has, he's obnoxious. Watch any scene he has with Chalky, and he gets acted right out of the room. I like what they're doing with his character right now, but they picked a guy who isn't even interested in making it a character.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:34 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:Jeffrey Wright is the worst thing to happen to that show yet. He overacts the hell out of every single line he has, he's obnoxious. Watch any scene he has with Chalky, and he gets acted right out of the room. I like what they're doing with his character right now, but they picked a guy who isn't even interested in making it a character.

Wow!!?? Really? I couldn't disagree more. I think he has to be that, given his race and circumstances. I like and feel the angle's befitting.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:38 pm
  • He's too self aware, it's like he knows he's acting. I don't believe it at all. He shoved a stick up his ass, slowed down his speech, and exaggerates every single syllable and enunciation. Its the "stock villain" method, imo.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:41 pm
  • You don't think maybe you'd have to carry yourself like that, being Mexican in the 1940's? Portraying control and authority would be 90% of the battle. Wright put thought into it, too good not to have. I totally get it. And think you're slipping.

Buscemi?
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:48 pm
  • Mexican in the 1940's?

Buscemi I can take or leave in that role, he doesn't carry the show with his character. Michael Shannon and Jack Houston are the most engaging of the entire series.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:56 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:Mexican in the 1940's?

Buscemi I can take or leave in that role, he doesn't carry the show with his character. Michael Shannon and Jack Houston are the most engaging of the entire series.

Shannon's on a different level. Even in Mudd with his what, four lines, he was intriguing. I'm biased though, he played me in my bi-op; "Take Shelter".
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:53 pm
  • Im liking this season
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:54 pm
  • This season has been a slow roll and with it being halfway over, things should start happening pretty fast and furious. That being said, still love that show!
    ETERNAL BLUE FOREVER GREEN
    Siihawk
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information