Reporting an individual to the IRS

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Reporting an individual to the IRS
Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:51 pm
  • I have information regarding a particular individual that they have fraudulently and repeatedly filed and claimed EIC and child tax credit for two kids who not only aren't hers but never lived with this person. For 6 years of claiming EIC and child tax credit the total they've received is around $37,000.

This female has wronged a family member of mine and I'm saying revenge is a dish best served up ice cold.

Would you or would you not report this individual? Why or why not?
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Re: Reporting an individual to the IRS
Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:04 pm
  • Its been going on this long and you're finally thinking about doing something? Who is she to the kids?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:09 pm
  • I would think the person being wronged should do something about it.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:18 pm
  • You can be a legal party to the crime for knowing and not reporting. If the IRS can get Al Capone, they can sure as hell get you. Snitch the bitch.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:02 pm
  • Not sure why you'd involve yourself in something like that. Tattling to the IRS? That's low, man. Doing something like that is big-time bad karma.

Generally, dishonest people like that will do themselves in. No need to get yourself dirty too.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:10 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Its been going on this long and you're finally thinking about doing something? Who is she to the kids?

The info regarding her illegal claims was just brought to my attention. I'm an IRS certified tax preparer and I informed my brother the repercussions of her actions. She is the the ex common law spouse to my brother. The kids are her nephews and never once lived with her or my brother.

It now makes sense why she never wanted me to file her returns and would go to a paid preparer.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:12 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I would think the person being wronged should do something about it.

You're right. That person is my brother and I've only let him know his options. I wouldn't be turning her in. It's on him and he's close to pulling the trigger.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:20 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:Not sure why you'd involve yourself in something like that. Tattling to the IRS? That's low, man. Doing something like that is big-time bad karma.

Generally, dishonest people like that will do themselves in. No need to get yourself dirty too.

I've just become privy to the info on her wrong doings. I advised my bro on his options. The ex gf took him to court claiming they've been married. The bitch, money hungry as she is, was undeservingly awarded spousal support.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:22 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:You can be a legal party to the crime for knowing and not reporting. If the IRS can get Al Capone, they can sure as hell get you. Snitch the bitch.

Info about her fraud was just brought to my attention. And, knowing tax law, I let him know his options.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:33 pm
  • Greenhell wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:Not sure why you'd involve yourself in something like that. Tattling to the IRS? That's low, man. Doing something like that is big-time bad karma.

I've just become privy to the info on her wrong doings. I advised my bro on his options. The ex gf took him to court claiming they've been married. The bitch, money hungry as she is, was undeservingly awarded spousal support.

My point was that, most of the time, bad people get what they deserve. I'm not a religious type, but I think there's some truth to the karma stuff.

I've never seen an instance where a good person trying to get even for a bad deed didn't end up paying for it somehow. Why dirty yourself?

Your brother and you should just stand back, keep your hands clean, let karma run its course. Trust me, it will. It always does. You don't want to be paying part of that bill when karma brings it.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:36 pm
  • Yeah, rely on karma to take out the trash...

:roll:
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:05 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Yeah, rely on karma to take out the trash...

:roll:

You're not getting my point:

When you wrestle with pigs, you're bound to get dirty.

Harming someone who wronged you doesn't achieve anything other than making you just as much of a low-down scumbag as the person who harmed you. And generally speaking, people tend to get caught when trying to get revenge. It rarely goes as planned, and they're the ones who end up with egg on their face.

Same concept as those football players who retaliate when provoked after the whistle. It's always the guy retaliating that gets the penalty.
    Last edited by HansGruber on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:07 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:Not sure why you'd involve yourself in something like that. Tattling to the IRS? That's low, man. Doing something like that is big-time bad karma.

My point was that, most of the time, bad people get what they deserve. I'm not a religious type, but I think there's some truth to the karma stuff.

I've never seen an instance where a good person trying to get even for a bad deed didn't end up paying for it somehow. Why dirty yourself?

Your brother and you should just stand back, keep your hands clean, let karma run its course. Trust me, it will. It always does. You don't want to be paying part of that bill when karma brings it.

I got your point Hans. I believe in karma but I also believe in doing what's right. As a tax preparer and knowing tax law it's wholly and completely wrong from the stand point that this person has, for years, received money that never belonged to her. If he follows through, IMO, karma is being given back to her in spades.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:08 pm
  • I get your point, just saying there's precious little evidence to support it as a fact. Never mind, though; I don't want to derail the thread.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:11 pm
  • Greenhell wrote:I got your point Hans. I believe in karma but I also believe in doing what's right. As a tax preparer and knowing tax law it's wholly and completely wrong from the stand point that this person has, for years, received money that never belonged to her. If he follows through, IMO, karma is being given back to her in spades.

Are you really tring to "do what's right", or are you trying to get revenge? Be honest with yourself. And then ask yourself if the cost to YOU will be worth whatever you think you will gain by "doing what's right." It generally isn't.

Whatever she's done to the IRS is between her and the IRS. It has nothing to do with you or your brother.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:35 pm
  • Greenhell wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:Its been going on this long and you're finally thinking about doing something? Who is she to the kids?

The info regarding her illegal claims was just brought to my attention. I'm an IRS certified tax preparer and I informed my brother the repercussions of her actions. She is the the ex common law spouse to my brother. The kids are her nephews and never once lived with her or my brother.

It now makes sense why she never wanted me to file her returns and would go to a paid preparer.

So why haven't the kids' parents (her brother or sister) done anything about this?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:55 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:I got your point Hans. I believe in karma but I also believe in doing what's right. As a tax preparer and knowing tax law it's wholly and completely wrong from the stand point that this person has, for years, received money that never belonged to her. If he follows through, IMO, karma is being given back to her in spades.

Are you really tring to "do what's right", or are you trying to get revenge? Be honest with yourself. And then ask yourself if the cost to YOU will be worth whatever you think you will gain by "doing what's right." It generally isn't.

Whatever she's done to the IRS is between her and the IRS. It has nothing to do with you or your brother.

I have nothing to gain from this. I advised him just like I have advised other clients regarding tax questions. The only difference is that he's my brother and that I know her on a personal level. It would be wrong of me to have not told him his options. What he decides to do with the info is up to him. Far be it from me to tell him about karma or revenge. He's his own man.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:56 pm
  • Funny you should ask - cuzzzzz they're not taking calls right meow.

A little birdie told me to go to IRS.gov and look for form 3949-a

EDIT: that form is not for a spouse... its just a information referral snitch line. If your brother is trying to do this - that is an entirely different situation.
    Last edited by ClumsyLurk on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:00 pm
  • It has always been my line of spiritual practice to let one tie their own noose and someone else can tighten it.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:03 pm
  • Hans is basically sitting here telling you to be party to felony tax evasion based on some loose karma-based code of ethics he goes by. You say you have nothing to gain by this; avoiding getting subpoenaed when the truth eventually comes out (assuming it ever does) for more than anything except to testify against her is a gain in my book. Turn her in. Her not being smart enough to hide it from you doesn't mean you should struggle with what to do now that you know.
    Last edited by RolandDeschain on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:04 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:Its been going on this long and you're finally thinking about doing something? Who is she to the kids?

So why haven't the kids' parents (her brother or sister) done anything about this?

Because sister never worked a day in her life and had serious addiction issues which took her life a few years back. The grandma has raised these boys (if that's what u wanna call it) since they were infants. The grandma has been a mooch and played the system herself and the tax returns were just another ploy between her and his ex to line their pockets. Over the years though the ex has cut the grandma out of the picture with the refund.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:05 pm
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:Funny you should ask - cuzzzzz they're not taking calls right meow.

Yep. Already got that form.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:09 pm
  • Greenhell wrote:
    ClumsyLurk wrote:Funny you should ask - cuzzzzz they're not taking calls right meow.

Good stuff - I edited my prev post to add that that's not something you'd want the spouse to fill out and submit. Sorry I read up on that bit after posting.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:11 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Hans is basically sitting here telling you to be party to felony tax evasion based on some loose karma-based code of ethics he goes by. You say you have nothing to gain by this; avoiding getting subpoenaed when the truth eventually comes out (assuming it ever does) for more than anything except to testify against her is a gain in my book. Turn her in. Her not being smart enough to hide it from you doesn't mean you should struggle with what to do now that you know.

I agree. A part of my job as a preparer is to uphold the tax law. Knowing this info bugs the shit out of me. i wouldn't let an individual get away with it if they lied to me so why should she get a pass? And EIC fraud is a very big deal to the IRS.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:13 pm
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:
    ClumsyLurk wrote:Funny you should ask - cuzzzzz they're not taking calls right meow.

Good stuff - I edited my prev post to add that that's not something you'd want the spouse to fill out and submit. Sorry I read up on that bit after posting.

Yeah, I advised him of that. She only wanted the marriage to be legit to benefit her and the spousal support but oh no, she's head of household and single during tax time. Doesn't work that way.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:28 pm
  • I can understand Greenhell's predicament, as a tax preparer. Okay, it's an oath.

But everyone else falling over each other to snitch? Lace-curtain-Irish-mother....
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:33 pm
  • pehawk wrote:I can understand Greenhell's predicament, as a tax preparer. Okay, it's an oath.

But everyone else falling over each other to snitch? Lace-curtain-Irish-mother....

Ha! So Pe...for or against?
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:42 pm
  • I'm with Pe... Greenhell, do what you think is right.

Everybody else, #StopSnitchin.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:47 pm
  • Greenhell wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I can understand Greenhell's predicament, as a tax preparer. Okay, it's an oath.

Ha! So Pe...for or against?

Oh, I'm for.

The older sis of the my foster kid did this one year, listed herself as the guardian. I didn't snitch on her. I just claimed it as well, and let the IRS figure it out.

I held it over that girls head for awhile though. I got some mileage out of it. I used it as leverage to make her more involved with raising her sis. Consider using it as leverage?

PS: Next time Roland posts pirated NFL content, I'm telling Roger.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:06 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I'm with Pe... Greenhell, do what you think is right.

Everybody else, #StopSnitchin.

:th2thumbs:
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:35 pm
  • Listen to these guys, they watch The Wire and Breaking Bad and talk it up about how they hafta bust a cap in they snitches ass.

Get friggin' real.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:43 pm
  • I know actual people who have been shot and imprisoned over some snitching. It's not just on tv.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:00 pm
  • Pull the trigger, bro. Don't see any reason why not.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:02 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I know actual people who have been shot and imprisoned over some snitching. It's not just on tv.

I'm not surprised, but there are definitely some posers around here. I've been shot by a drug dealer, so it's just like, whatevs. 8)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:19 pm
  • Didn't your brother also benefit from the tax scam? They were living together as man and wife. Did they share the same bank accounts? See where I'm going?

And it's kinda hard to say you're not interested in revenge, when in your OP you talk about revenge...no?
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:30 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I know actual people who have been shot and imprisoned over some snitching. It's not just on tv.

I'm not surprised, but there are definitely some posers around here. I've been shot by a drug dealer, so it's just like, whatevs. 8)

I've never been shot or shot at and I wanna keep it that way so you won't catch me snitchin on nobody!
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:43 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I've never been shot or shot at and I wanna keep it that way so you won't catch me snitchin on nobody!

I wasn't shot because I snitched.

Wuss.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:11 am
  • LymonHawk wrote:Didn't your brother also benefit from the tax scam? They were living together as man and wife. Did they share the same bank accounts? See where I'm going?

And it's kinda hard to say you're not interested in revenge, when in your OP you talk about revenge...no?

They were never married legally until court two months ago. He never benefitted from it. He always told her he wanted no part of her tax dealings. No shared accounts, no major purchases together. The home was purchased by him. No paperwork binding them together.

I mention revenge in my OP but not for me. For him. I never cared for her during their relationship and I steered clear of getting involved in any disagreements they had.

****UPDATE****

Consider her reported. He mailed off the form to the IRS yesterday.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:03 am
  • I just dont see this ending well. Your brother was living with this lady as commonlaw spouses. He told her he wanted no dealings in her tax returns? Sounds fishy to me. He had to have known what was going on to say that. Sounds like he's just looking to get back at her for having to pay spousal support and it may come back to bite him in the ass. It didn't all of a sudden come to his knowledge what she was doing. He didn't just finally feel some moral obligation to do what's right. Sorry, but it sounds like just flat out revenge. Hopefully the IRS doesn't come down on him for turning a blind eye to the fraud and benefiting in some way (I don't believe he didn't at all).
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:50 am
  • -The Glove- wrote:I just dont see this ending well. Your brother was living with this lady as commonlaw spouses. He told her he wanted no dealings in her tax returns? Sounds fishy to me. He had to have known what was going on to say that. Sounds like he's just looking to get back at her for having to pay spousal support and it may come back to bite him in the ass. It didn't all of a sudden come to his knowledge what she was doing. He didn't just finally feel some moral obligation to do what's right. Sorry, but it sounds like just flat out revenge. Hopefully the IRS doesn't come down on him for turning a blind eye to the fraud and benefiting in some way (I don't believe he didn't at all).

I'm sure it wasn't new info to him but it was to me. Two different things going on. I'm sure his motive is revenge. No doubt in my mind about that. From my perspective, had I been the preparer to have found out about her lying I would have had no choice but to report her.
    You'd have to know the ex but the girl is a money hungry individual. She's had a me first attitude the whole relationship and even with the court proceedings and their daughter. It was more about how much she could get in spousal support (undeservingly) then putting their daughter first. She's shown her true chracter time and time again. Shes a piece of work let me tell you. I feel sorry for the next guy who shows interest in her. The ex worked but never helped to support the household. The tax refund was supposed to divided between her and the grandmother.
    There will be no reprecussions regarding him and the IRS. I've already discussed the scenario with my IRS agent regarding what he might do. Since he never appeared on the any tax return she's filed nor do they own any property together, it's like he doesn't exist. And the 3949-A allows an individual to report anonymously.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:55 am
  • Greenhell wrote:
    ****UPDATE****

Good. Roland seems to be the only with his head on his shoulders in this thread. You had to report her because it's your job. If you hadn't, and this came to light, you could kiss your career goodbye.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:57 am
  • Greenhell wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:I just dont see this ending well. Your brother was living with this lady as commonlaw spouses. He told her he wanted no dealings in her tax returns? Sounds fishy to me. He had to have known what was going on to say that. Sounds like he's just looking to get back at her for having to pay spousal support and it may come back to bite him in the ass. It didn't all of a sudden come to his knowledge what she was doing. He didn't just finally feel some moral obligation to do what's right. Sorry, but it sounds like just flat out revenge. Hopefully the IRS doesn't come down on him for turning a blind eye to the fraud and benefiting in some way (I don't believe he didn't at all).

I'm sure it wasn't new info to him but it was to me. Two different things going on. I'm sure his motive is revenge. No doubt in my mind about that. From my perspective, had I been the preparer to have found out about her lying I would have had no choice but to report her.
    You'd have to know the ex but the girl is a money hungry individual. She's had a me first attitude the whole relationship and even with the court proceedings and their daughter. It was more about how much she could get in spousal support (undeservingly) then putting their daughter first. She's shown her true chracter time and time again. Shes a piece of work let me tell you. I feel sorry for the next guy who shows interest in her. The ex worked but never helped to support the household. The tax refund was supposed to divided between her and the grandmother.
    There will be no reprecussions regarding him and the IRS. I've already discussed the scenario with my IRS agent regarding what he might do. Since he never appeared on the any tax return she's filed nor do they own any property together, it's like he doesn't exist. And the 3949-A allows an individual to report anonymously.

That's good to hear. Sounds like your typical ex nowadays. I've seen it too many times.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:17 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:
    ****UPDATE****

Good. Roland seems to be the only with his head on his shoulders in this thread. You had to report her because it's your job. If you hadn't, and this came to light, you could kiss your career goodbye.

Well it could've been had I been the one who had prepared her taxes and done nothing.

This is how stupid she is. My brother told her he was going to report her and her response was, "I paid extra to H&R Block and any mistake they make is on them."

Stupid bitch. LOL!
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:48 am
  • So she doesn't understand the difference between a mistake and an outright lie? Can't say I feel sympathy for her.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:26 pm
  • Greenhell wrote:
    LymonHawk wrote:Didn't your brother also benefit from the tax scam? They were living together as man and wife. Did they share the same bank accounts? See where I'm going?

They were never married legally until court two months ago. He never benefitted from it. He always told her he wanted no part of her tax dealings. No shared accounts, no major purchases together. The home was purchased by him. No paperwork binding them together.

I mention revenge in my OP but not for me. For him. I never cared for her during their relationship and I steered clear of getting involved in any disagreements they had.

****UPDATE****

Do they live in Washington State? If so, she could have a stake in the house. Your brother might have stepped into a bunch of shit. IIRC, it's called a meretricious relationship. If she had anything to do with the house...paying bills, cleaning, etc., she could very well have a claim on the property.

There is also a child from the union? Your brother's gonna pay something. If she's working, I doubt he's paying her support. Child support maybe, but not spousal support. Just my opinion.

You might try this site: www.hansenlaw.com/Meretricious-Relationships.html
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:43 pm
  • LymonHawk wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:
    LymonHawk wrote:Didn't your brother also benefit from the tax scam? They were living together as man and wife. Did they share the same bank accounts? See where I'm going?

****UPDATE****

Do they live in Washington State? If so, she could have a stake in the house. Your brother might have stepped into a bunch of shit. IIRC, it's called a meretricious relationship. If she had anything to do with the house...paying bills, cleaning, etc., she could very well have a claim on the property.

There is also a child from the union? Your brother's gonna pay something. If she's working, I doubt he's paying her support. Child support maybe, but not spousal support. Just my opinion.

You might try this site: http://www.hansenlaw.com/Meretricious-R ... ships.html

We're in Colorado and court order has already been decided. He's got child support (which he has no problem paying) and the spousal support which he's taking her back to court. She's got a full time job in a bank and sells supplements on the side (which also doesn't report). Her ends meet just fine. She's just angry he ended the relationship.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:43 pm
  • When they went to court, didn't anyone ask for her tax returns? Did no one notice she was claiming multiple children? No one questioned why she was only asking for support for one child? How could she ask for spousal support and not have to show how much she makes?

Sounds like sloppy work to me. Did your brother use an attorney? If so, sue the attorney!
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:09 pm
  • Tax returns are at the federal level. No county/family law judge has any say about anything on the federal level. That's where the IRS reporting form comes in. :)
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:59 pm
  • Greenhell wrote:I have information regarding a particular individual that they have fraudulently and repeatedly filed and claimed EIC and child tax credit for two kids who not only aren't hers but never lived with this person. For 6 years of claiming EIC and child tax credit the total they've received is around $37,000.

This female has wronged a family member of mine and I'm saying revenge is a dish best served up ice cold.

Would you or would you not report this individual? Why or why not?

She's stealing money from you and I. Report her NOW!

Some of these tax laws themselves already piss me off. Wanna buy a house? Here, have a tax break! But guys like me who have to rent a cheap apartment to make ends meet...nope no tax breaks for you...not til you're wealthy enough to buy a home.

Have you reported her yet?

Edit: Okay I see that you did. Good for you.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:59 pm
  • Greenhell wrote:Tax returns are at the federal level. No county/family law judge has any say about anything on the federal level. That's where the IRS reporting form comes in. :)

What???? What are you talking about? What does the judge, or jurisdiction, have to do with it? This is an item any competent attorney would ask to see. It's usually done through 'discovery.'

There's also a child involved, no? The judge is always going to want to know if someone can support the child, and if not, how much child support should be granted.

There would almost certainly be some sort of parenting plan that the Court has to sanction. Why didn't your brother bring up this 'tax evasion,' then? Didn't he want his child? He'd rather have the kid be raised by a criminal?
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Next

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information