Breaking Bad <<<Spoiler Alert>>>

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Breaking Bad <<<Spoiler Alert>>>
Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:54 pm
  • The scene where Jesse calls out Walt in the desert only to have Walt hug him was brilliant TV. Walt showed in that moment that he loves Jesse. Simple yet profound.

The Mexican restaurant scene with all 4 of them was hilarious. Incredible, potentially life-altering subject matter broken up with an overzealous waiter wanting to offer up guacamole at the table...

Finally, the DVD Walt delivered to Hank was brilliant. Checkmate.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Breaking Bad <<<Spoiler Alert>>>
Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:22 pm
  • Duuuuuuuude tonight's episode was AWESOME! And it ended beautifully with Jesse dousing Walts house in gasoline.

It's on now!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:39 pm
  • I still don't quite get that whole last few minutes with Jesse flipping out. Help a brother out!

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:43 pm
  • Aros wrote:I still don't quite get that whole last few minutes with Jesse flipping out. Help a brother out!

The missing cigarette, look back in season 4 when the kid of the girl that Jesse was into got sick. He thinks the kid had Ricin poisoning, he thought Fring gave it to the kid because Gus was acting shady towards Jesse, but it was really that plant that Walt threw out along with all the other stuff in his house that connected him to Gus Fring.

Jesse pulled out that same cigarette carton that the cigarette laced with Ricin was in, and the cigarette was gone, Jesse connected this to Walt, and badabing.

Took me awhile too, I was asking my friend what the hell was he tripping about, I thought Jesse didn't have the phone with him and the way it was looking it was gonna be a drive by lol. Then when Jesse busted in like a mad man, it dawned on me.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:55 pm
  • Bam. You're right. I couldn't put two and two together but that's totally it. Thanks.

I cannot even fathom how epic these final episodes are going to be. Good God.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:57 pm
  • Needless to say, I think we now know how Walts house gets boarded up lol.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:03 pm
  • Yeah, no doubt!

It's interesting that they show scenes of him (flash forward scenes) with hair.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:17 am
  • I think Walt was still working Jesse with the hug. This is the guy that was working his own son earlier in the episode. And poor Hank. He's screwed.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:50 am
  • Aros wrote:Finally, the DVD Walt delivered to Hank was brilliant. Checkmate.

The DEA doesn't get checkmated. Hank ain't done, his anger will drive him to something Bad.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:01 pm
  • I still don't know why Walt hasn't mentioned to hank that he has saved his life on more then one occasion without him knowing. Seems to be untapped leverage.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:28 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:I think Walt was still working Jesse with the hug. This is the guy that was working his own son earlier in the episode. And poor Hank. He's screwed.

I think that working over is done now, I honestly think we're seeing the demise of Jesse unfortunately, he's probably my favorite character out of the whole show.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:30 am
  • Not that I wanted his character to go away, but I was happy at the thought of Jesse going to Alaska to get "peace". He's been such a tortured character, from being a small time meth dealer to get by to being thrust into drug lord world and getting involved in murder to cover his tracks. I love how he still refers to Walt as "Mr. White" "Mr. White is the devil" AHH, I can't wait till next week.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:30 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Not that I wanted his character to go away, but I was happy at the thought of Jesse going to Alaska to get "peace". He's been such a tortured character, from being a small time meth dealer to get by to being thrust into drug lord world and getting involved in murder to cover his tracks. I love how he still refers to Walt as "Mr. White" "Mr. White is the devil" AHH, I can't wait till next week.

I wanted Jesse to find peace too, but I knew it wouldn't happen.

I think everyone is going down, no one is getting out of this unscathed.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:33 am
  • I've been thinking of watching this show. I can just pick up with the current episodes and I'll be fine right?
    LargentFan
    NET Starter

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:45 am
  • LargentFan wrote:I've been thinking of watching this show. I can just pick up with the current episodes and I'll be fine right?

I guess, you could read up and catch up with the story.... but where's the fun in that. You wouldn't get the impact of what's happening now.

Seriously its an amazing show, watch from the beginning, enjoy it! Its all on Netflix except for these last 8 episodes.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:04 pm
  • Cartire wrote:I still don't know why Walt hasn't mentioned to hank that he has saved his life on more then one occasion without him knowing. Seems to be untapped leverage.

Hank is the enemy, and WW hasn't hesitated to deal with theats. Especially one like Hank who already won't let family win over duty. That extends to his life being saved. (Also, I go the impression the saving from the twins was Fring's doing.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Re: Breaking Bad <<>>
Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:59 pm
  • The only way it made sense to me was this explanation in Forbes. http://tinyurl.com/ma2jhfj it explains the cigarette thing
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:52 am
  • Happypuppy wrote:The only way it made sense to me was this explanation in Forbes. http://tinyurl.com/ma2jhfj it explains the cigarette thing

Good run down there.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:18 am
  • Happypuppy wrote:The only way it made sense to me was this explanation in Forbes. http://tinyurl.com/ma2jhfj it explains the cigarette thing

Maybe I completely skipped over it, but I don't get how Jesse had the epiphany about the ricin cigarette while waiting to have his identity changed. He already knew the ricin cigarette was gone long ago. Further more, how does the ricin cigarette being gone connect Walt to the poisoning of Brock when all Jesse knows is that it wasn't ricin.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:33 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Happypuppy wrote:The only way it made sense to me was this explanation in Forbes. http://tinyurl.com/ma2jhfj it explains the cigarette thing

Maybe I completely skipped over it, but I don't get how Jesse had the epiphany about the ricin cigarette while waiting to have his identity changed. He already knew the ricin cigarette was gone long ago. Further more, how does the ricin cigarette being gone connect Walt to the poisoning of Brock when all Jesse knows is that it wasn't ricin.

Because the Weed gets lifted off of him the same way, by the same guy. It is a bit of stretch too, but I think Jesse has always known, and seeing that he now has proof that Saul's guy has the ability to lift like that, he knows its right.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:25 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:I think everyone is going down, no one is getting out of this unscathed.

Even Holly?
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:28 pm
  • Rocket wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:I think everyone is going down, no one is getting out of this unscathed.

Even Holly?

Totally, she probably ends up in foster care. Unless Skylar gets away somehow with her, which I don't see.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:18 am
  • Jesse FINKman.
    mikehawks
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:48 pm
  • So, last night episode was great as well. But I have to say Im getting kinda upset. Because I always thought that the only true bond in the whole show, between all characters, was Walts and Jesse's. Out of everything that has happened, those two have done it all together. And where as, I understand that Jesse has seen and done stuff he hates, his sudden impulse to take down WW seems illogical.

But, it is setting up for a crazy showdown.

I just hope its not a sloppy finish like Sopranos, or even worse, a Reservoir dogs ending.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:08 pm
  • I'm getting angry honestly, its all been so far a bunch of set ups, to set up another set up thats going to eventually set up another thing...

Or maybe I'm impatient/
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:14 pm
  • Cartire wrote:So, last night episode was great as well. But I have to say Im getting kinda upset. Because I always thought that the only true bond in the whole show, between all characters, was Walts and Jesse's. Out of everything that has happened, those two have done it all together. And where as, I understand that Jesse has seen and done stuff he hates, his sudden impulse to take down WW seems illogical.

I just hope its not a sloppy finish like Sopranos, or even worse, a Reservoir dogs ending.

I don't see it that way at all. I've always thought of Walt's bond with Jesse as mostly self-serving for Walt in multiple ways. Notably, he's able to use and manipulate Jesse rather easily, and secondly, Walt desires both a rival/obstacle to defeat/overcome and some sort of distressed dependent that only he can save/take care of. Both feed into his massive ego. He cares for Jesse, but he's a broken man who can only care for so much beyond the delusions he has of himself. He wanted to kill Walt back when he originally thought it was Walt who poisoned the child of the woman he was with, no doubt the reaction would be even more violent when he realized that was true AFTER Walt had twisted the story to make Jesse believe it was Gus or Jesse's own irresponsibility that led to Brock's poisoning.

Walt is an awful person, Jesse is a broken young man whose own family has deserted him, so he's pretty vulnerable to any parental-type figure that offers some security or safety in times of need. Remember when Jesse got the shit beaten out of him by Walt? The rage he had? He said something along the lines of everything he cared about had turned to shit since he got involved with Walt, hasn't that been the truth exponentially since? Jesse's arc to this point, to me, perfectly explains where he is.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:16 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I'm getting angry honestly, its all been so far a bunch of set ups, to set up another set up thats going to eventually set up another thing...

Or maybe I'm impatient/

You're impatient. This show moves at a breakneck pace (comparatively) and nothing that happens is of the ol' red herring trope variety. Each step is meaningful and consequential, we're getting there. Any other show probably would have drug out Hank and Walt's garage confrontation until a few episodes in. The Breaking Bad writers do a great job of continuously painting themselves into a corner and figuring out how the characters move from there.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:36 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    Cartire wrote:So, last night episode was great as well. But I have to say Im getting kinda upset. Because I always thought that the only true bond in the whole show, between all characters, was Walts and Jesse's. Out of everything that has happened, those two have done it all together. And where as, I understand that Jesse has seen and done stuff he hates, his sudden impulse to take down WW seems illogical.

I don't see it that way at all. I've always thought of Walt's bond with Jesse as mostly self-serving for Walt in multiple ways. Notably, he's able to use and manipulate Jesse rather easily, and secondly, Walt desires both a rival/obstacle to defeat/overcome and some sort of distressed dependent that only he can save/take care of. Both feed into his massive ego. He cares for Jesse, but he's a broken man who can only care for so much beyond the delusions he has of himself. He wanted to kill Walt back when he originally thought it was Walt who poisoned the child of the woman he was with, no doubt the reaction would be even more violent when he realized that was true AFTER Walt had twisted the story to make Jesse believe it was Gus or Jesse's own irresponsibility that led to Brock's poisoning.

Walt is an awful person, Jesse is a broken young man whose own family has deserted him, so he's pretty vulnerable to any parental-type figure that offers some security or safety in times of need. Remember when Jesse got the shit beaten out of him by Walt? The rage he had? He said something along the lines of everything he cared about had turned to shit since he got involved with Walt, hasn't that been the truth exponentially since? Jesse's arc to this point, to me, perfectly explains where he is.

I honestly dont think Walt is an awful person.

I think the situations that have manifested have put him in no other position then to be the man he is now. Through all his misdeeds, he has always looked out for everyone he cares about. His family, including Hank, and Jesse. But because he chose this path, he has constantly had to clean up the mistakes, which perpetually continue. Walt isnt an evil man. But he is not going to let this all be for nothing. This entire thing started off as means to pay some medical bills and leave some insurance for his family. Ever since then, its been about tieing up the never-ending loose ends so it wasnt all in vein.

But, then again, I sympathize with the crazy.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:06 pm
  • How many awful deeds are done by people we would otherwise call awful because to them they were seemingly the only option left?

Good people don't poison children, good people don't let someone die in front of them when they could easily intervene, good people don't snap and shoot a man over an argument, good people don't have a man shot as a chess move, good people don't order the hits of 10 other people, good people don't go un-phased by the murder of a child, and so on. If he's not a bad person, then the term means nothing, I guess.

They weren't Walt's only options, they were an easy option to preserve what Walt wanted. That's why most bad people do the bad things they do. Walt cares about Jesse, I suppose, but not enough to avoid letting him be hurt physically and emotionally over and over in place of himself. Villains aren't of the superhero variety, they aren't black and white absolutes, bad people who commit evil deeds have bits of them that are good and relateable. Walt started this thing to provide for his family, but even then, it quickly became about his own ego and feeling of a need for retribution of all the wrongs (Grey Matter) that he actually brought on himself through his own choices, and it quickly became not about protecting his family at all. It became about defeating the other, whoever that may be, and about empire, as he says himself.

I think people get attached to characters they follow for a longtime and fail to recognize that they're the villain in the story told from essentially anyone else's perspective (David Simon had a huge problem with Sopranos fans who failed to seem to recognize that Tony was not the "hero", which is probably why he killed him). This isn't the story of two buddies cookin' meth together and their great relationship, it's the story of a man who took a desperate situation and quickly turned into a raging ego battle against anyone or anything in his way as a means to correct all of the wrongs he felt he had been subjected to throughout his life.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:34 am
  • I never said he was a good person. I just dont think he is an awful person.

But I also look at life as survival of the fittest.

Also, this is a TV show and not real life, regardless of how similar certain situations manifest. Its ok to root for the unconventional. Not every story has to be about good triumphing over evil.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:38 am
  • Cartire wrote:I never said he was a good person. I just dont think he is an awful person.

Also, this is a TV show and not real life, regardless of how similar certain situations manifest. Its ok to root for the unconventional. Not every story has to be about good triumphing over evil.

I agree with pinksheets. Walter White is a pretty terrible person at this point, and he's already admitted as such in multiple conversations with Jesse. In fact, Jesse's turn at this moment makes the most sense because if you go all the way back to S3 after Jesse goes to rehab, he talks about accepting what an awful person he is, but what we see is that Jesse can't go all the way.

Walter, on the other hand, can and does. He chooses the most ruthless option time and time again. He manipulates Jesse, he holds his wife and his brother-in-law hostage, he destroys Gus and Mike and their lives. (If you wanted to root for the unconventional, rooting for those two would have counted, IMO). The show isn't about rooting for good over evil; it's more similar to a Simple Plan where bad decision leads to bad decision which leads to a person who is morally destroyed. I think if you're under the impression that WW/Heisenberg isn't an awful person, you're kind of missing the main thrust of the show right now. Talking about survival of the fittest is almost Randian in its being completely unsympathetic to humans.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:45 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    Cartire wrote:I never said he was a good person. I just dont think he is an awful person.

I agree with pinksheets. Walter White is a pretty terrible person at this point, and he's already admitted as such in multiple conversations with Jesse. In fact, Jesse's turn at this moment makes the most sense because if you go all the way back to S3 after Jesse goes to rehab, he talks about accepting what an awful person he is, but what we see is that Jesse can't go all the way.

Walter, on the other hand, can and does. He chooses the most ruthless option time and time again. He manipulates Jesse, he holds his wife and his brother-in-law hostage, he destroys Gus and Mike and their lives. (If you wanted to root for the unconventional, rooting for those two would have counted, IMO). The show isn't about rooting for good over evil; it's more similar to a Simple Plan where bad decision leads to bad decision which leads to a person who is morally destroyed. I think if you're under the impression that WW/Heisenberg isn't an awful person, you're kind of missing the main thrust of the show right now. Talking about survival of the fittest is almost Randian in its being completely unsympathetic to humans.

But in my defense, I also rooted for Tony Montana.

And also, I did root for Mike as well (which by your guys own view, would actually be less unconventional then rooting for WW).

Heres what it comes down to for me, and always has. This is a show that will more then likely take the cowards way out. WW will die. A great evil will be vanquished. And it will be a triumph of good over evil. Or at least, righting a wrong. But Im tired of that. Its the never ending story. The unconventional would be that after 5 seasons and countless, crazy life altering situations, it wasnt all for nothing. It wasnt just a giant waste of time. It didnt just end for nothing.

I want WW to win. I wanted Tony Montana to kill all of those mercenaries and own Flordia. Im tired of the damsel in distress. The hero riding off into the sunset.

Whats the point of creating all these fictitious tales if the same conclusion is always predetermined.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:27 am
  • pinksheets wrote:Walt started this thing to provide for his family, but even then, it quickly became about his own ego and feeling of a need for retribution of all the wrongs (Grey Matter) that he actually brought on himself through his own choices, and it quickly became not about protecting his family at all. It became about defeating the other, whoever that may be, and about empire, as he says himself.

I think Grey Matter is so important to the story, how would you deal with literally losing out on a Billion dollars? He was one bad decision away from outrageous wealth.

And every day having to think about that, as he's at his second job at the car wash being humiliated. I can't imagine. It broke him, the hate and anger inside him broke him.

I'm not defending him, I just think that's the seed of his evil. He went into cooking meth with noble intentions, but it gave the hate and anger an avenue to grow, and man did he run with it.

Kind of sounds like Star Wars in a way, he went to the dark side. He is a horrible man, he's destroyed countless lives and families due to him trying to deal with that anger from Grey Matter.
    Last edited by twisted_steel2 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:30 am
  • Cartire wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:
    Cartire wrote:I never said he was a good person. I just dont think he is an awful person.

But in my defense, I also rooted for Tony Montana.

And also, I did root for Mike as well (which by your guys own view, would actually be less unconventional then rooting for WW).

Heres what it comes down to for me, and always has. This is a show that will more then likely take the cowards way out. WW will die. A great evil will be vanquished. And it will be a triumph of good over evil. Or at least, righting a wrong. But Im tired of that. Its the never ending story. The unconventional would be that after 5 seasons and countless, crazy life altering situations, it wasnt all for nothing. It wasnt just a giant waste of time. It didnt just end for nothing.

I want WW to win. I wanted Tony Montana to kill all of those mercenaries and own Flordia. Im tired of the damsel in distress. The hero riding off into the sunset.

Whats the point of creating all these fictitious tales if the same conclusion is always predetermined.

There are more than enough stories where the bad guys win at this point, too, so that's not exactly new, either. So you can't level the ending argument without making any story unworthy of telling. (There are really one two ways to end a story: Protagonist gets what he/she wants or the protagonist doesn't.)

Besides that's not why we watch shows. We do watch them for what's happening 'now', because we either care about the characters or find their trajectories interesting. We don't watch it because we expect a huge plot twist ending, and usually, we don't need need one because it's usually a cheat. (As a side tangent, the ending also needs to be satisfying in order not to invalidate everything that came beforehand, *cough* Lost *cough*)

As for hero riding off into the sunset, who exactly is the 'hero' in Breaking Bad? Hank? Barely? Everyone is dirtied by this mess. (Which is why I think there are no survivors at all.) I do disagree that WW dying is the 'cowards' way. It fits the narrative of the story arc. (The cancer is a Chekhov's gun, IMO). However, I won't complain about WW walking off into the sunset if it fits, either. But it has to make contextual sense, and given the entirety of the show, it really doesn't. What you're missing is that WW's behavior is self-destructive. It doesn't build up to some greater meaning - Breaking Bad is the story of someone's downward spiral because he was given an excuse, and I think it scares some people that they won't be able to indulge their inner fantasy about finally having a real reason to go off-the-rails. (And make no mistake, Breaking Bad is a revenge fantasy, except it's revenge on a crappy world.)

IMO, that's how the show will ultimately be a huge letdown if it doesn't force people to come to the conclusion: We all want to break bad but when the time comes, we won't because we know better than to quit.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:20 pm
  • It will be horrible if it ends ala Reservoir Dogs.

And I will punch a baby if somehow everyone dies and Marie is holding the last gun.

And I will be the least surprised and most happy if its Walt Jr that pulls the final trigger. (try to tell me this isnt the ultimate conclusion, and you all know it).
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:52 pm
  • Nobody is saying it's about good vs. evil, I specifically said things aren't that black and white. Walter White dying wouldn't be good triumphing over evil, it'd be an awful, broken little man flaming out after he brought down most everything around him due to his own selfishness and egomania. Like Sarlacc said, if you're rooting for him on that kind of Randian level, there's nothing that can be done to convince you he shouldn't be rooted for, you believe that anything anyone does to further their own agenda and interests is fair game, so a show like this must be no more interesting than any other, since questions of morality are irrelevant.

And Walt Jr. pulling the trigger seems fairly anti-climactic and unexpected just to be unexpected to me.

Walter White deserves to die and him dying will make sense as the culmination of all he has done. As he said in "Fly," he has lived too long. Past the point where those who knew him will have fond memories of him when he's gone.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:59 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:And Walt Jr. pulling the trigger seems fairly anti-climactic and unexpected just to be unexpected to me.

Walter White deserves to die and him dying will make sense as the culmination of all he has done. As he said in "Fly," he has lived too long. Past the point where those who knew him will have fond memories of him when he's gone.

Your crazy if you think its anti-climatic. Obviously if we dont see W.Jr anymore till the finale, it will be wrong. But expect him to start having more of a role in the remaining episodes. He is the only person, the only person left, that has no idea whats going on. And he is also the most pasionate about his dad. But he is also, the most good-hearted of the whole bunch.

He will start to fall upon much needed details and it will be his final decision to end his dad's reign.

Snapshot this. Record it for entry. come back to this when its the season finale and you cant believe I predicted it.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:54 pm
  • If you're right, they're going to have to do a lot to make that not a really bad ending. It'd be anti-climactic because there's been no building to it whatsoever, and it just doesn't seem they get there without forcing it and fast.

I think Walt kills himself. They've been calling back to the pilot a lot in which he pulls the trigger with a gun in his mouth when he thought he was getting caught, and Walt's too much of an egomaniac to let anyone but him write the closing on the legend of Heisenberg.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:53 pm
  • Cartire wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:And Walt Jr. pulling the trigger seems fairly anti-climactic and unexpected just to be unexpected to me.

Your crazy if you think its anti-climatic. Obviously if we dont see W.Jr anymore till the finale, it will be wrong. But expect him to start having more of a role in the remaining episodes. He is the only person, the only person left, that has no idea whats going on. And he is also the most pasionate about his dad. But he is also, the most good-hearted of the whole bunch.

He will start to fall upon much needed details and it will be his final decision to end his dad's reign.

Snapshot this. Record it for entry. come back to this when its the season finale and you cant believe I predicted it.

I would be willing to put down a bet that you didn't predict the ending. The abrupt tonal shift would cause everyone to cry Bullshit! because it avoids the character arcs and narrative structures put in place the entire season for....your desire for awful? Pulling that con would be the worst sort of artistic cheating, because honestly, it would appear (rightly) the showrunners didn't care about fitting the ending in with what came before. Walt Jr. has shown 0 violent tendencies during the entire series; he's not going to start now in the last 4 episodes. It sounds to me like you just want the worst sort of cynical ending because it's somehow fulfilling to you? Or is it because you think it'll make you look tough that you were able to say, "That's awesome, man" like those kids we all hate that laugh during horror movie torture scenes.

Or you're trolling a bit, at which point...nice? Seriously, though, I'm having a hard time articulating how and why your predicted ending is so bad because it's one of those things experienced writers (who care about their audience) don't do. If you don't believe me, outline the series and then show me how it's not an abrupt shift to make a minor character into a major contributor now.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:23 pm
  • The only thing Walt Jr. can/will kill off is a stack of pancakes.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:23 pm
  • Man, what a way to end tonight's episode. I'm pretty sure Gomez won't survive.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:04 pm
  • Wowwwww
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:09 pm
  • You're killing me breaking bad.....how am I supposed to wait another week! On the edge of my seat for the last 10 minutes of that episode.

Side note, they're all pretty inaccurate eh? lol I realize it's realistic and adrenaline/nerves/etc makes it very difficult to shoot but Todd's crew didn't move at all. Solid way to build up the start of next episode I just thought it was funny.

My guess is Gomez dies early next week and before it's all said and done Jesse kills Todd. No idea how the show will end though, which is good, because the behind the scenes people are all way more intelligent than me.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:53 pm
  • I KNEW they were going to show up!! I told my wife, "No WAY they get away clean here. Those dudes are showing up."

Somebody dies fo sho. They have to keep Hank and Jessie around to the end me thinks, so Gomez, say goodnight sweetheart.

All I know is Walt will get away. At least until the last episode.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:01 pm
  • I think Walt and Jesse get away.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:07 am
  • One of Hank/Jessie is going to die.

The phone call to Marie was clearly very foreboding for Hank, "I might not be home for a while," "I love you," etc. Set up nicely as a final conversation. I think it could be Jessie that dies right here simply because they like to subvert expectations (and they set up expectations regarding Hank's death pretty blatantly).
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:48 am
  • Nah, they keep Hank around one or two more episodes for the drama aspect alone. I could see Jessie as the martyr, or Gomez as the obvious hit...

I think the writers want Hank and Walt around for the finale.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:21 pm
  • Gomez dying would have zero impact, though, and we're at the endgame here.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:34 pm
  • I cant see jesse dieing yet. I know everyone wants the final showdown to be hank vs walt, but it doesnt make sense. Walt and Hank havent even become enemies till this season. From episode 1, till now, the story has always revolved around the confrontations between jesse and walt. I fully expect the final showdown to be between those two.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:35 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Gomez dying would have zero impact, though, and we're at the endgame here.

Exactly, I think both him and hank are goners here. The only way hank gets out of this is to use Walt as a hostage with the assumption that those guys want Walt alive.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:22 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information