Ever think about adding a "like" or "upvote/downvote" system

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • I am really liking the level of discourse on this site much better than pretty much any where else on the internet but have you guys ever considered adding a like or upvote to posts? I think that would set this place over the edge.

RolandDeschain - noted Dorito eater wrote:If you want to come prove your smack talking capabilities in person, stop by Gold's Gym in Kirkland any night around 5-6pm and say hi.
    Dtowers
    * Fat Stoner Nerd *

• Simple up or down button might also take away from actual conversation.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• I think a like button has been discussed before and it's not a function that can be added to the scheme. That's what I remember, at least.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Ah ok makes sense. I know a lot of the message board designs are quite dated and take a lot of work to get everything to work together properly.

EC think of it more of a way to see how posts are resonating across the board. It can actually generate more focused discussion because instead of 40 people all saying the same thing the posts that say it best will be upvoted.

Anyway just a thought.

RolandDeschain - noted Dorito eater wrote:If you want to come prove your smack talking capabilities in person, stop by Gold's Gym in Kirkland any night around 5-6pm and say hi.
    Dtowers
    * Fat Stoner Nerd *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:I think a like button has been discussed before and it's not a function that can be added to the scheme. That's what I remember, at least.

Anything can be added, it's just not something that actually adds enough value to be worth the coding/time expense IMO. Conversations naturally rise or fall based upon their popularity as it is. More popular topics are discussed heavily and stay at the top of the page, while less popular topics aren't discussed as often or as much and gradually get replaced by newer, more popular topics causing them to fall farther and farther down the page. Not to mention, it wouldn't really stop the 'me too' type posts nearly as much as you might expect.
    Anguish
    * NET Developer *

• Anguish wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:I think a like button has been discussed before and it's not a function that can be added to the scheme. That's what I remember, at least.

Anything can be added, it's just not something that actually adds enough value to be worth the coding/time expense IMO. Conversations naturally rise or fall based upon their popularity as it is. More popular topics are discussed heavily and stay at the top of the page, while less popular topics aren't discussed as often or as much and gradually get replaced by newer, more popular topics causing them to fall farther and farther down the page. Not to mention, it wouldn't really stop the 'me too' type posts nearly as much as you might expect.

About half my posts are "this/bahaha/badass!". :mrgreen:
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Anguish wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:I think a like button has been discussed before and it's not a function that can be added to the scheme. That's what I remember, at least.

About half my posts are "this/bahaha/badass!". :mrgreen:

:13:
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Without some kind of a "Greatest Threads" forum, what would be the point?
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I wouldn't mind a like button but don't see the need. My ducks forum has an up/down vote option and half the threads turn into "who down voted me" whine sessions. I would never want that feature here.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I've never had the nerve to jump into someone elses site and right away on the forum start talking about changes I wanted.

I'd either work behind the scenes to get an answer or perhaps return to what I was doing before.

:roll:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Way too many people on this forum that would abuse it.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Anguish wrote:

I agree.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

• i can hardly follow conversations on sites like reddit. never took the time to understand it. dont care too. this is simple and easy.
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

• Anguish wrote:

+1

:sarcasm_off:
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• I think a uptoke system but i dont like the idea of downvoting other peoplez opinion.
    The best system would be like a "i agree" button
    Axx
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information