Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ever think about adding a "like" or "upvote/downvote" system
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:14 am 
* Fat Stoner Nerd *

I am really liking the level of discourse on this site much better than pretty much any where else on the internet but have you guys ever considered adding a like or upvote to posts? I think that would set this place over the edge.

RolandDeschain - noted Dorito eater wrote:
If you want to come prove your smack talking capabilities in person, stop by Gold's Gym in Kirkland any night around 5-6pm and say hi.

Post subject: Re: Ever think about adding a "like" or "upvote/downvote" system
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:17 am 
NET Veteran

Simple up or down button might also take away from actual conversation.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:22 am 
* NET Philistine *

I think a like button has been discussed before and it's not a function that can be added to the scheme. That's what I remember, at least.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:34 am 
* Fat Stoner Nerd *

Ah ok makes sense. I know a lot of the message board designs are quite dated and take a lot of work to get everything to work together properly.

EC think of it more of a way to see how posts are resonating across the board. It can actually generate more focused discussion because instead of 40 people all saying the same thing the posts that say it best will be upvoted.

Anyway just a thought.

RolandDeschain - noted Dorito eater wrote:
If you want to come prove your smack talking capabilities in person, stop by Gold's Gym in Kirkland any night around 5-6pm and say hi.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:35 am 
* NET Developer *

Sarlacc83 wrote:
I think a like button has been discussed before and it's not a function that can be added to the scheme. That's what I remember, at least.

Anything can be added, it's just not something that actually adds enough value to be worth the coding/time expense IMO. Conversations naturally rise or fall based upon their popularity as it is. More popular topics are discussed heavily and stay at the top of the page, while less popular topics aren't discussed as often or as much and gradually get replaced by newer, more popular topics causing them to fall farther and farther down the page. Not to mention, it wouldn't really stop the 'me too' type posts nearly as much as you might expect.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:42 am 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

Anguish wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:

Anything can be added, it's just not something that actually adds enough value to be worth the coding/time expense IMO. Conversations naturally rise or fall based upon their popularity as it is. More popular topics are discussed heavily and stay at the top of the page, while less popular topics aren't discussed as often or as much and gradually get replaced by newer, more popular topics causing them to fall farther and farther down the page. Not to mention, it wouldn't really stop the 'me too' type posts nearly as much as you might expect.

About half my posts are "this/bahaha/badass!". :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:58 am 
NET Veteran

Zebulon Dak wrote:
Anguish wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:

About half my posts are "this/bahaha/badass!". :mrgreen:

:13:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:05 am 
USMC 1970-77

Without some kind of a "Greatest Threads" forum, what would be the point?

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:39 am 
* NET Moderator *

I wouldn't mind a like button but don't see the need. My ducks forum has an up/down vote option and half the threads turn into "who down voted me" whine sessions. I would never want that feature here.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:51 am 
* NET Radish *

I've never had the nerve to jump into someone elses site and right away on the forum start talking about changes I wanted.

I'd either work behind the scenes to get an answer or perhaps return to what I was doing before.

:roll:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:53 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Way too many people on this forum that would abuse it.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:56 am 
NET Veteran

Anguish wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:

I agree.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:59 am 
NET Veteran

i can hardly follow conversations on sites like reddit. never took the time to understand it. dont care too. this is simple and easy.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:25 pm 
NET Veteran

:th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:53 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Anguish wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:

+1

:sarcasm_off:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:18 pm 
NET Veteran

I think a uptoke system but i dont like the idea of downvoting other peoplez opinion.
The best system would be like a "i agree" button

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]