Hot sauce ??

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:13 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Well, I guess by definition of having a dangling piece of flesh between your legs, your statement is true...

    Way to slide in the back door on that one.


    How is your mother doing?
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:17 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Using hot sauces to that kind of scale seems akin to trying to figure out how many rusty needles you can jam in your junk. What's the point? Lol. Use something a lot milder and use it like ketchup or regular BBQ sauce...

    Some of you guys are nuts. :)


    I'm on board with this. I don't get why people go for the hottest sauce they can "handle." I like some heat, but I usually just mix some regular hot sauce (Tabasco, Crystal, Tapatio) with ketchup or BBQ and it's perfect. Taste like pepper, adds some heat, and I can actually taste the food.

    I was in NOLA a couple months ago and tried a touch of ghost pepper hot sauce. It completley took over for a while and just reinforced that I really don't get the appeal of super-hot sauce.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8827
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:19 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:I really don't get the appeal of super-hot sauce.


    Image
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    User avatar
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *
     
    Posts: 8598
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:25 am
  • Image


    This is one of my favorites, unassuming and Deadly.
    Image
    User avatar
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 922
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:01 pm


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:58 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:I'm on board with this. I don't get why people go for the hottest sauce they can "handle." I like some heat, but I usually just mix some regular hot sauce (Tabasco, Crystal, Tapatio) with ketchup or BBQ and it's perfect. Taste like pepper, adds some heat, and I can actually taste the food.


    Exactly, you can't even taste the food with stuff that hot. It's like, what's the point? You might as well just make instant mashed potatoes every night for dinner instead of wasting money on more expensive stuff since you can't taste what you eat, anyway. Totally don't get it.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26677
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:36 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:I'm on board with this. I don't get why people go for the hottest sauce they can "handle." I like some heat, but I usually just mix some regular hot sauce (Tabasco, Crystal, Tapatio) with ketchup or BBQ and it's perfect. Taste like pepper, adds some heat, and I can actually taste the food.


    Exactly, you can't even taste the food with stuff that hot. It's like, what's the point? You might as well just make instant mashed potatoes every night for dinner instead of wasting money on more expensive stuff since you can't taste what you eat, anyway. Totally don't get it.


    Hot sauces impart flavor because your body eventually adjusts to the level of heat. When it does, capsaicin is like salt.

    However, my preferred level is Thai pepper (about 110,000 Scoville's, or about as half as hot as a habanero) because it hits the sweet spot between can't taste and adds flavor.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15648
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:50 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:I'm on board with this. I don't get why people go for the hottest sauce they can "handle." I like some heat, but I usually just mix some regular hot sauce (Tabasco, Crystal, Tapatio) with ketchup or BBQ and it's perfect. Taste like pepper, adds some heat, and I can actually taste the food.


    Exactly, you can't even taste the food with stuff that hot. It's like, what's the point? You might as well just make instant mashed potatoes every night for dinner instead of wasting money on more expensive stuff since you can't taste what you eat, anyway. Totally don't get it.


    Most western palates aren't capable of enjoying true heat. Growing up with spicy food, even the stuff that is painfully unbearable has a place in the right quantity.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:20 pm
  • Sarlacc, I'm not sure it's that your body adjusts to it so much as you just burn out your taste buds. I only know two people that like TRULY hot things, and normal food is always bland to them. :229031_shrug:

    I need to research/read up on it; I'm curious.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26677
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:24 pm
  • I love hot, but I don't need it to be super duper hot. Here's a few of my favorites, more for flavor than heat really:

    Whatever this stuff is called:

    Image

    Texas Pete

    Image

    Aardvark

    Image
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 15014
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:27 pm
  • Here's my favorite:

    Image

    Tastes good on just about everything.
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    User avatar
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *
     
    Posts: 8598
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:37 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    However, my preferred level is Thai pepper (about 110,000 Scoville's, or about as half as hot as a habanero) because it hits the sweet spot between can't taste and adds flavor.


    Totally agree. The Thai pepper is very tasty. They make a condiment and almost all restaurants and street vendors have it. Simple...Thai chillies, fish sauce and a little seasoned rice vinegar. It tastes really good and the vinegar actually slightly weakens the heat.

    For all those sauces listed above, you are supposed to add them to recipes, in small doses to suit your taste.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25054
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Yes, that is a Bacon Wrapped Turkey


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:39 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Sarlacc, I'm not sure it's that your body adjusts to it so much as you just burn out your taste buds. I only know two people that like TRULY hot things, and normal food is always bland to them. :229031_shrug:

    I need to research/read up on it; I'm curious.


    Yes, billions of people in the world have "burned out" taste buds. Typical Roland, can't understand something so claims something must be wrong with the people that enjoy it.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:43 pm
  • Some people just enjoy shitting lava.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10621
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:50 pm
  • HawksFTW wrote:Yes, billions of people in the world have "burned out" taste buds. Typical Roland, can't understand something so claims something must be wrong with the people that enjoy it.


    Typical HawksFTW, wrong and doesn't realize it.

    Much of the stuff mentioned and linked in this thread is ridiculously hot way above and beyond what any large group of people eat on a regular basis in the world. Give me a break. I like hot within reason, and not much of what's in this thread is within a mile of that. :roll:
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26677
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:03 pm
  • I don't know if you understand how spicy some people like their food, Ro.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 15014
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:06 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Sarlacc, I'm not sure it's that your body adjusts to it so much as you just burn out your taste buds. I only know two people that like TRULY hot things, and normal food is always bland to them. :229031_shrug:

    I need to research/read up on it; I'm curious.


    Nope, it's definitely adjustment. I've done it without wrecking my taste buds. Worked my way from medium heat to "Well, these five habanero fritters weren't as bad as I expected."

    Semi-amusing anecdote: I went to a Chinese restaurant and ordered a spicy pepper dish, and when the waitress looked at me funny concerning the level of heat, I told her I eat Thai food "Thai style" and she nodded at me and took my order.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15648
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:08 pm
  • People in this country go to Americanized Thai and Indian joints with a "star" rating. Give me a friggin break.

    Try going to Thailand and ask for that. Order Som Tum with one star....hahahahahaha
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25054
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Yes, that is a Bacon Wrapped Turkey


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:19 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I don't know if you understand how spicy some people like their food, Ro.

    Key phrase there being "some" people. HawksFTW is sitting here implying billions of people put a gallon of habanero sauce on their Cheerios. Get real.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26677
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:29 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    HawksFTW wrote:Yes, billions of people in the world have "burned out" taste buds. Typical Roland, can't understand something so claims something must be wrong with the people that enjoy it.


    Typical HawksFTW, wrong and doesn't realize it.

    Much of the stuff mentioned and linked in this thread is ridiculously hot way above and beyond what any large group of people eat on a regular basis in the world. Give me a break. I like hot within reason, and not much of what's in this thread is within a mile of that. :roll:


    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I don't know if you understand how spicy some people like their food, Ro.

    Key phrase there being "some" people. HawksFTW is sitting here implying billions of people put a gallon of habanero sauce on their Cheerios. Get real.


    Considering I grew up with a Chinese mother cooking most of my meals, have been to the large majority of the Asian continent, and socialize with thousands of people from around the world on a daily basis, I think I have a pretty good bearing on what the general consensus is on for spicy/hot food. I can say with some reasonable accuracy, there are at least a billion people who like their food extremely spicy, to a point that you would consider it painful. I do like the Cheerios bit though, as that is about as American as you can get. I think the population of people I am refering to, would be hard pressed to even tell you what Cheerios were. Next time you go to a real Chinese, Thai, or Indian restaurant and ask them to prepare the dishes the way THEY would eat them. See what type of reaction you get.

    But you know, you can feel free to have an opinion about something you have no clue about. You do it all the time. I would like to know, what gives you any authority on how the rest of the world eats considering you have spent the majority of your life in Kirkland and Wisconsin.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:33 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:Semi-amusing anecdote: I went to a Chinese restaurant and ordered a spicy pepper dish, and when the waitress looked at me funny concerning the level of heat, I told her I eat Thai food "Thai style" and she nodded at me and took my order.


    Ha, didn't even see this post before, but completely illustrates my point.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:42 pm
  • You MOFOs will argue about anything. Makes me laugh tho. Damn
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 5917
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:44 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:You MOFOs will argue about anything. Makes me laugh tho. Damn


    Well, it is a little absurd when a pasty white guy tells me that most of Asia and Latin America has something wrong with their taste buds.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:46 pm
  • I didn't say that or imply that. We were talking about a completely different level of hot than what the average Asian and Latin American person eats.

    ...Think, and read what I actually said, and the kind of multi-million-Scovilles being mentioned just a little bit.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26677
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:55 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I didn't say that or imply that, you clown. We were talking about a completely different level of hot than what the average Asian and Latin American person eats.


    RolandDeschain wrote:Sarlacc, I'm not sure it's that your body adjusts to it so much as you just burn out your taste buds.


    Yeah, you didn't. You totally didn't downplay multiple cultures enjoyment of spicy food. If I like really spicy food, it MUST be because I burned out my taste buds. Not because of thousands of years of cultural traditions passed down generation to generation, or by an acquired taste developed over a lifetime. Do you even read what you post?

    Again, what makes you think you are in any way an authority on what the "average" Asian or Latin American eats? And who was speaking of simply Americans? Keep wiggling Roland, that is part of a discussion you actually have some knowledge about.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:57 pm
  • You ask me what makes me think I'm an expert on it; what makes you an expert on it?

    You are purposely misinterpreting what I'm saying, I'm not wiggling out of anything. Also, I'm putting you on ignore, so don't expect further replies.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26677
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:58 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:We were talking about a completely different level of hot than what the average Asian and Latin American person eats.



    Spot on. I don't know why people question you on this. They should know by now that if you speak on any subject, be it the normal range of spiciness across cultures, or parenting, that you speak from thorough research, experience and a wealth of wisdom.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10621
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:01 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:...Think, and read what I actually said, and the kind of multi-million-Scovilles being mentioned just a little bit.


    Where do you think these sauces come from Roland? They are from peppers that are used EVERY day in millions of people's food. I cook with dried chilies that are in that range all the time, as does most of the Asian side of my family. These sauces aren't developed in a vacuum, they are based on sauces that have been enjoyed for literally thousands of years. Pull your head out of your ass, Roland. Not everything in the world revolves around your limited viewpoint.

    RolandDeschain wrote:You ask me what makes me think I'm an expert on it; what makes you an expert on it?

    You are purposely misinterpreting what I'm saying, I'm not wiggling out of anything. Also, I'm putting you on ignore, so don't expect further replies.


    Like I said, I live with it, have traveled the world and seen it, and literally am exposed to thousands of people in my average work day that are from other parts of the world. I am no "expert", never claimed I was, but I do have a better understanding of what the rest of the world is eating than you.

    As for the "ignore" statement, ha. Funny, if someone pointed out all the times I was wrong and full of shit, I would probably put them on ignore too. Somebody quote this for me, so Roland can read it. :)
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:04 pm
  • Keep that kind of crap to the shack and PWR, junior. You think you point out people being wrong all the time? Ha. That's a good one. You try to, that's the most anyone can say for you.

    You also have no idea what I have or have not experienced, so keep casting aspersions.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26677
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:07 pm
  • Yes, knowing two people that like spicy food tells me you have experienced spicy food to the fullest.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:26 pm
  • I don't know what you just said, HawksFTW; but hey, look! You do desensitize yourself to capsaicin (the stuff in peppers that makes your mouth feel like it's burning) over time. http://www.sheryltips.com/bar-banter-1- ... -peppers-2

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRPV1#Desensitization

    Maybe I should tie a belt around my arm and just walk around that way to desensitize my arm to the perception of pain as well, and I can stab knives in my arm to pretend I'm tough. That's a LOT different than cooking stuff as hot as possible and talking about how awesome it is. :roll:
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26677
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:29 pm
  • Desensitization =/= Burning out your taste buds. What else do you have?
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:30 pm
  • I actually enjoy the pain... I really do. I don't know why, I just do. And no, I'm not into things with my wife that require a "Safety Word". I'm talking strictly mouth-pain. When eating bbq pork at the Chinese restaurant, I like to put so much of that hot mustard on that my eyes water and I wince as my sinuses clear out. Then I do it again. And again. Same with horseradish. Same with peppers and hot sauces. Have I ruined something by making it too hot? Yup. I've over-done the cayenne pepper and/or death sauce (usually when drunk) in a pan of chili and wound up throwing it away, so I do have my limits. Thing is, with sauces that hot a little goes a long way. I don't just blop it all over, I do just the "right" amount to suit my tolerance. And also, there is the endorphin thing. Gives you little body rushes, which are neato! :D I would never, ever take down a tablespoon of those super-hot sauces like in those videos. That's just crazy right there!
    Image

    May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 2726
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:14 pm
  • That's perfectly fine, Blue. I'm just guffawing at HawksFTW saying billions of people like all their food that hot because his family has cooked with million-Scoville peppers for thousands of years. Many of which didn't even exist a hundred years ago because they're man-made blends created to be that hot. Not to mention, it looks like hot peppers weren't even seen in Asia until around the 17th century: http://zenkimchi.com/FoodJournal/korean ... new-world/

    The trade routes established through Christopher Columbus & company with Central America are what brought hot peppers to Europe, and from there to Asia over the course of the following century and more of time, if you care to do some research.

    Even though, you know, HawksFTW's Asian family has been cooking with 'em for thousands of years. Somebody call the historians, they've got their facts wrong.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26677
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:45 pm
  • Despite this silly argument I can say with a good bit of certainty that spicy food doesn't harm or ruin taste buds.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 15014
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:49 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Despite this silly argument I can say with a good bit of certainty that spicy food doesn't harm or ruin taste buds.


    You don't have to have a good bit of certainty; you can be 100% certain. http://www.livescience.com/34213-spicy- ... -myth.html

    Good Lord, look at that, I did some research and found out the truth. Repeated/prolonged exposure does desensitize you over time to capsaicin, which is what creates the burning, though; but there's no harm in it, except that you'll need to slowly make your food hotter over time to maintain the same level of hotness you prefer.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26677
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:59 pm
  • Yeah. I've read that article and others like it before. But thanks for doing that "research" aka reading the first article that comes up when you search "does spicy food ruin your taste buds". ;)
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 15014
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:03 pm
  • Whoa, whoa, whoa. I read 5 or 6 articles, including part of a Hungarian medical university research paper. That's just the one I linked. I never read just one source when checking into anything.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26677
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hot sauce ??
Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:56 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:That's perfectly fine, Blue. I'm just guffawing at HawksFTW saying billions of people like all their food that hot because his family has cooked with million-Scoville peppers for thousands of years. Many of which didn't even exist a hundred years ago because they're man-made blends created to be that hot. Not to mention, it looks like hot peppers weren't even seen in Asia until around the 17th century: http://zenkimchi.com/FoodJournal/korean ... new-world/

    The trade routes established through Christopher Columbus & company with Central America are what brought hot peppers to Europe, and from there to Asia over the course of the following century and more of time, if you care to do some research.

    Even though, you know, HawksFTW's Asian family has been cooking with 'em for thousands of years. Somebody call the historians, they've got their facts wrong.



    Never said MY family has enjoyed them for thousands of years, I just said the sauces were based off of thousands of years of people using peppers in food . Believe me, I am an avid pepper eater, I know the history. Yes many of the hotter peppers are newer, but I never said different. So basically, you just did enough research to own yourself. Spicy/hot food doesn't ruin your taste buds, I am glad you can finally come around to the right answer.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Hot sauce ??
Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: Hot sauce ??
Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:29 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:I like sriracha


    Ahh, but would you like a foot long with creamy cock sauce? Only five dollars...
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10621
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: Hot sauce ??
Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:31 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:I like sriracha


    Ahh, but would you like a foot long with creamy cock sauce? Only five dollars...


    How did you make the leap from sriracha to that?

    I don't even....
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11220
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: Hot sauce ??
Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:46 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:I like sriracha


    Ahh, but would you like a foot long with creamy cock sauce? Only five dollars...


    How did you make the leap from sriracha to that?

    I don't even....

    You're seriously asking how Sac went from joking about sriracha to dreaming about man meat in his mouth?

    It's Sac we're talking about, here. Come on, Peaches.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26677
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hot sauce ??
Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:01 am
  • You mean because subway has a new sauce that is literally called "creamy sriracha sauce" and the common nickname for sriracha is "cock sauce" because of the rooster on the bottle and because you can get a footlong for $5?
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10621
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: Hot sauce ??
Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:24 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:You mean because subway has a new sauce that is literally called "creamy sriracha sauce" and the common nickname for sriracha is "cock sauce" because of the rooster on the bottle and because you can get a footlong for $5?


    I...yeah. Okay. I see it now.

    thank you.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11220
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: Hot sauce ??
Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:40 am
  • You're stretching. Try yoga.

    Who the hell goes to Subway willingly, anyways? #JimmyJohn's4Life
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26677
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hot sauce ??
Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:41 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:You mean because subway has a new sauce that is literally called "creamy sriracha sauce" and the common nickname for sriracha is "cock sauce" because of the rooster on the bottle and because you can get a footlong for $5?


    Is Creamy Sriracha sauce similar to Cream of Sumyungman?
    Image

    May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 2726
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


Re: Hot sauce ??
Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:10 pm
  • "The Man" at Dixie's BBQ is without a doubt the hottest I have tried. It was the hot sauce equivalent to a mugging. I'm sure something hotter exists but part of me just wonders "why?" when it comes to stuff like that.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

    He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    User avatar
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5737
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
    Location: Back in Seattle


Re: Hot sauce ??
Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:13 pm
  • Did they used to have Dixie BBQ at UW when the Hawks were playing there? I think I remember something called "The man" sauce that they would dip a toothpick into, so you can have a taste before you put it on. That stuff was pretty good.

    I eat spicy food especially when I am sick, because it makes me feel better. The worse the cold, the spicier the food.
    Image

    RolandDeschain - noted Dorito eater wrote:If you want to come prove your smack talking capabilities in person, stop by Gold's Gym in Kirkland any night around 5-6pm and say hi.
    User avatar
    Dtowers
    * Fat Stoner Nerd *
     
    Posts: 847
    Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:30 pm


Re: Hot sauce ??
Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:03 pm
  • Dtowers wrote:I eat spicy food especially when I am sick, because it makes me feel better. The worse the cold, the spicier the food.


    That's interesting... Seems like it would clear out the snot though, especially something like horseradish that seems to open up the sinuses. Would kinda be like Draino for your head. :lol: Might have to try that next time I catch a cold... Which I hope is NEVER! :evil:
    Image

    May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 2726
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


Re: Hot sauce ??
Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:11 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:
    Dtowers wrote:I eat spicy food especially when I am sick, because it makes me feel better. The worse the cold, the spicier the food.


    That's interesting... Seems like it would clear out the snot though, especially something like horseradish that seems to open up the sinuses. Would kinda be like Draino for your head. :lol: Might have to try that next time I catch a cold... Which I hope is NEVER! :evil:


    Yep, I do it too. Big bowl of pho as spicy as I can get it and I can almost forget about the cold for at least an hour or 2.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 15014
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Next


It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests