Hawkblogger

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Hawkblogger
Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:08 pm
  • Is he cool? I heard he has problems with his ego and treats every other fan like a third class person. I'm not sure whether or not I should read his stuff. I don't want to support a douchebag.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Re: Hawkblogger
Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:17 pm
  • He aint no Kearly.

(actually I've never read him, don't really have a reason or desire to go to any Seahawk related sites other then this one)
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:52 pm
  • I think you have to read him and decide for yourself.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:17 pm
  • Hawken-Dazs wrote: I heard he has problems with his ego and treats every other fan like a third class person.

And that shoe of course does not fit anyone around here.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:37 am
  • I have no problem with him. I have emailed back and forth with him a few times and he was cool when I talked with him.

I saw that he has an article in the Seattle Times so maybe some stardust is going to his head but I have never had an issue with him
    drcool
    NET Rookie

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:44 am
  • He has his opinions on things and can come off as an authoritarian but any blogger worth his salt is going to state his case unequivocally. He has created a foothold as one of the folks that has his finger on the pulse of the team. He has created a bond with Softy and has in-roads with some of the players. I thought he was unable to mask his favoring of Flynn over Wilson early last year and sometimes Softy will try to have him what if a scenario for Flynn being successful here. As DrCool notes, he has started posting articles to the Seattle Times sports blog, which is a nice kudo for him.

He seems to have as much insight as many of the local media covering the team. They have sometimes referred to his work, as well as Danny Kelly with FieldGulls.

He tended to use pretty good graphics to display metrics he was trying to explain. I like a blogger more like Derek Stephens but I would echo Montana's comment. Give him a chance and see what you think.

Hell, even Montana was a ego-maniac with his 17Power blog (j/k).

All the bloggers should be commended for providing content, it is a thankless job that they do for the love of the team and being able to offer their opinion. They do some amazing stuff. Hawkblogger is no different.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:46 pm
  • I think Hawkblogger can come off as arrogant, and he doesn't earn points with the fact that he pushes the Ian/Softy/Hugh agenda that they've been peddling for the last couple years.

However, most of his writing is interesting and founded in facts.

Also, he has never been even close to as much of a douche as John Morgan was at Field Gulls.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:50 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Hawken-Dazs wrote: I heard he has problems with his ego and treats every other fan like a third class person.

And that shoe of course does not fit anyone around here.

Ding ding ding, we've got a winner.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:12 pm
  • I think the Hawkblogger is an extremely talented writer who gives a ton of great Seahawks insight to the fans.

I met him at a couple of games last year and he was totally cool to hang out with and talk about the Hawks.

Not sure why anyone would have a problem with him.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:23 pm
  • Hawkblogger is cool.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]