RIP Elmore Leonard

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
RIP Elmore Leonard
Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:09 am

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard
Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:17 am
  • I always love his dialogue! One of my favorite authors.

RIP, Dutch.
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:28 am
  • How he carried so many different characters is beyond me but I enjoyed them.

Somewhere today Bernie Rodenbaugh is weeping.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:50 pm
  • Harlan County will never be the same.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:03 pm
  • A sad day for me. I loved Elmore Leonard's witty dialogue and great story telling. I feel like I've spent months in Florida due to reading his books, and yet I've never been there. I feel like when I do I'll be right at home because he just made you feel like you're there in the story as a fly on the wall.

I really loved Get Shorty, Maximum Bob, Rum Punch, Cat Chaser, Touch, Be Cool (this one was a great book and a GODAWFUL movie... how they ruined that I'll never know, but casting the Rock was genius, because it was OBVIOUS from reading it that it was exactly the person Elmore was describing when writing the book), Touch, and many many others.

When I dropped out of high school my dad said I still had to study six hours a day if I wanted to stay in his home. He was a licensed and retired teacher, and he decided to just start throwing books at me and making me read one or two a week. I read all of Ed McBain's 87th Precinct novels in about a month. Then he threw Elmore's books at me and told me to go for it. I dove right in and loved them.

He will be missed.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information