Sherman painting (updated pic for your pleasure 8/21)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • **DISCLAIMER**
    Any and ALL discussion about prints and or pricing/availability is to be discussed in the CLASSIFIED SECTION, not within this thread. Please refer to that section for such nature. This is a thread created for the passion I have, as we all share, for the Seahawks and of not just my own, but others artistic abilities and appreciations, for all of our members here to enjoy. -Thank you




    (total now of about 40 hours in - more than 3/4th done)

    UPDATED PIC 8/21 2:20am
    Image

    Image
    Last edited by djTOY2000 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:22 am, edited 7 times in total.
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


  • Are any of these paintings for sale? (I saw your Russel Wilson one as well.)
    User avatar
    Blaydeman
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:31 pm


  • Dude, it's awesome
    keep going
    User avatar
    Heyseed
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 320
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:09 am


  • acrylics? right? why not oil paint, it would give a better depth and you could wash veridian green under the skin to give it more depth instead of creating the depth through the color. And I'm assuming canvas board, correct? I know it's arcylic paint cause of the paintbrush, short handled sable brush. Which is excellent for that type of painting. I'm just wondering if you have ever experimented with oil paints, cause I really prefer them to acrylic's. And if you haven't tried oil's, you really should. But if you're trying to do as many as possible in a short amount of time, i understand the need for acrylics
    otter
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 211
    Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:05 pm


  • otter wrote:acrylics? right? why not oil paint, it would give a better depth and you could wash veridian green under the skin to give it more depth instead of creating the depth through the color. And I'm assuming canvas board, correct? I know it's arcylic paint cause of the paintbrush, short handled sable brush. Which is excellent for that type of painting. I'm just wondering if you have ever experimented with oil paints, cause I really prefer them to acrylic's. And if you haven't tried oil's, you really should. But if you're trying to do as many as possible in a short amount of time, i understand the need for acrylics



    yeah, these are being composed in acrylics and after i get this series done (6-8 total paintings) i will be switching it up and taking on to the oils for another series, just because as you said, a better depth, and speed of acrylics and the short amount of time i am on as far as getting a good portion of this series completed in the next 2-3 weeks. These are on stretched canvases, not boards.
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


  • calling it a night after 3-4 hours...

    Image
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


  • Blaydeman wrote:Are any of these paintings for sale? (I saw your Russel Wilson one as well.)



    start of the season is my expected date for prints to be available
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


  • Amazing work Dustin. I was about to answer the question in regards to Oils vs Acrylic. lol. I prefer to use oils too but the time to dry is a bitch even if you use something to help the dying time.
    I like using Acrylic for the dark shading and finishing with colored pencils. It's a fantastic technique for animal portraits. I have never tried it for human subjects.
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 2229
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


  • Great work. So talented. I would love to buy a print when its available too. I admire your patience and the talent you have in painting.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 625
    Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:15 pm


  • your SICK! I love it. Mad Skills!
    Bambam_gohawks
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 31
    Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:39 pm


  • (updated pic in original post)
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


  • Love it
    bellyfat
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 403
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:56 am


  • bellyfat wrote:Love it



    thanks :th2thumbs:

    it's gettin' there. trying to get this one done by tomorrow night...
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


  • Nice work! Man I miss painting. I used to do it all the time in HS then went to college for computer graphics and now do everything digitally. Maybe I'll pick up some supplies and try the old school methods out again. Inspiring stuff man keep it up!
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2632
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


  • UPDATED PROGRESS

    Image
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


  • Outstanding!
    TDBinOLY
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 43
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:29 pm


  • I'm actually gonna add something extra to the deadspace in the upper background, gonna put a large faded/blurred image of Richard's eyes back there
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


  • I saw your helmet as well, do you paint cars? :D I don't need Richard Sherman on my Caddy but seahawk blue would be nice :D

    nice work boss !
    User avatar
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2616
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Wa


  • m0ng0 wrote:I saw your helmet as well, do you paint cars? :D I don't need Richard Sherman on my Caddy but seahawk blue would be nice :D

    nice work boss !



    yes, i paint cars/trucks/bikes/etc... just can't pull a car into a booth right now because i haven't gotten to that phase of having my own design studio up and going yet.
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


  • That is just awesome! Great work!
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 10902
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:I saw your helmet as well, do you paint cars? :D I don't need Richard Sherman on my Caddy but seahawk blue would be nice :D

    nice work boss !



    yes, i paint cars/trucks/bikes/etc... just can't pull a car into a booth right now because i haven't gotten to that phase of having my own design studio up and going yet.


    No worries keep me posted !

    and again FANTASTIC work !
    User avatar
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2616
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Wa


  • Amazing work man, once again. Just got a house, I can see a couple of these hanging in my man cave.
    Image
    User avatar
    Rose City Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 915
    Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:51 am
    Location: Portland Oregon


  • Must have!! You should auction a few. Let the market set the price. I think you'd do okay.
    User avatar
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1976
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm


  • HansGruber wrote:Must have!! You should auction a few. Let the market set the price. I think you'd do okay.



    i wonder what the market would call for...
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)




It is currently Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests