Russell Wilson painting is COMPLETED

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Russell Wilson painting is COMPLETED
Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:56 pm
  • Rose City Hawk wrote:Dustin, that is incredible work. I see a bright future for you. I will be very interested in getting some of your works man. Seriously, you gotta get this brought to Wilsons attention. I think he would be equally impressed. Great great job!

Mark my words on this, but at some point during this season, I WILL get to meet the players i paint, shake their hand and congratulate them as they are our beloved players, show them my artwork, and maybe give them a limited canvas giclee print) and i will be sure to post pics... hopefully they can endorse (autograph) a small amount of my re-prints too - at least they won't get in trouble like johnny football for doing so
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:17 pm
  • Yeah dude, play your cards right and you'll get rich off this.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:04 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Yeah dude, play your cards right and you'll get rich off this.

it's not about $$ to me anymore. i have grown to hate the way money changes people, greed kills so much in life and there are far better things to be involved in that do not revolve around that crap. if i sustain a good living so be it, but i am not after much more than just self enjoyment these days.

i have had it in the back of my head, that if i manage to get the players to autograph a certain amount of my prints, i want to take a majority of those proceeds if and when they sell, or get auctioned off, and give to certain people that are in need. specifically one family - there is a livelong friend of mine who has been struggling for so many years as her son has been sick with Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) and it has devastated her, not just financially with the medical bills and expenses, but emotionally and it tears me to see her so "lost and torn" with the struggles she takes on daily. She is a single mother of 4 boys, she can't leave her own house due to having to remain in isolation for quite a while now because if she gets sick, one simple illness can take her youngest sons life. Not only her, but her older 3 sons have endured this battle as well as they have been saviors with many different bone marrow transfers just to save their younger brothers life.

story and VIDEO ---> Family giving everything

her story is here ---> http://www.komonews.com/living/health/Siblings-sacrifice-to-save-brother-with-one-in-a-million-disease-190405001.html

facebook ---> [urlhttps://www.facebook.com/LiamsHLHJourney?fref=ts]Liam's HLH Journey[/url]

She wouldn't even know i would be responsible for this gift, as i would just do it as a surprise, a kind gesture to show her that anything is possible and to never give up, and to just give her a breath of fresh air from the stress and make her smile, make her son smile
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:18 pm
  • Hey man, that is some really amazing work. There's not much that I can say that hasn't already been said. Dude your talent is amazing, they (whoever they is) need to hire you and print these as posters so everyone can put one up on the wall of their homes. This shit is truly amazing, you should be thankful you have the gift.
    McG
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:18 pm
  • Very impressive. How long did that take?

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:20 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:Very impressive. How long did that take?

about 50 hours over the last week, finding time between working/bartending and a few hours sleep here and there, i have already started my next painting and i decided to go with Sherman based on your guys' votes
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:32 pm
  • DJ thanks for showing those, not only do you have a god given talent but I am willing to bet that there will be players wanting to buy their portrait, hell you could become a league artist doing them for players all over just from word of mouth by the players. A player has one in his home and a buddy comes over and wants one and it begins.

Stranger things have happened................

Again thanks for showing us it, I am one of those artistically handicapped, stick figures turn out badly.I do apprciate your skill, I have always been in relationships with the artistically gifted for some reason, My eye does see well, it just doesn't talk to my hand like yours.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:15 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:DJ thanks for showing those, not only do you have a god given talent but I am willing to bet that there will be players wanting to buy their portrait, hell you could become a league artist doing them for players all over just from word of mouth by the players. A player has one in his home and a buddy comes over and wants one and it begins.

Stranger things have happened................

Again thanks for showing us it, I am one of those artistically handicapped, stick figures turn out badly.I do apprciate your skill, I have always been in relationships with the artistically gifted for some reason, My eye does see well, it just doesn't talk to my hand like yours.

thank you, much appreciated

get ready for the 'SHERM as i have started it (click on picture for the new thread)

Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:40 pm
  • Did you use Tiger Woods paint to get the skin tone right?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:50 pm
  • Great job Dustin, looks amazing. Can't wait to see the finished Sherm!
    DHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:54 pm
  • Holy cow, beautiful work man! It sounds like you're going to be getting a website, but until you get one up and going of your own, I'd recommend getting a behance account. It's free (you can even get a website setup, but then pay for it when you're ready); and it's basically a better version of facebook, but for artists. You can even setup a store on the site. That way, your work can be seen by other artists as well. Check it out. The site is http://behance.com.
    MissoulaHawkFan
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:10 pm
  • I want that sooo bad.
    bellyfat
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:10 pm
  • wow impressive!

somebody needs to do a painting of Russell as God with his hands extended out adn light emanating from um...everywhere? hah....ya that would be a big seller. "Russell the Savior" I need something classy to put on my wall...if anyone knows of one PLEASE let me know!
    you want a lil woo woooooooooooo
    bubbrubb
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:34 pm
  • If you actually did this painting you have some incredible talent! Blew me away!!! :shock:
    Looking For That One Particular Habor....
    Hawkboi
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:40 pm
  • Dustin is a very VERY talented artist. I have a signed and numbered series of every one of his seahawks pieces. I will continue to collect his work for the foreseeable future. I suggest the rest of you do the same.
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:43 pm
  • like these in pencil...
    Attachments
    167942886.jpg
    167942886.jpg (72.19 KiB) Viewed 397 times
    167943273.jpg
    167943273.jpg (43.88 KiB) Viewed 397 times
    167939302.jpg
    167939302.jpg (60 KiB) Viewed 397 times
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:32 pm
  • OH HELL YEAH JOHN, thanks for those images as those were left behind when, well... you know...

yes, those were 3 of the colored pencil/charcoal illustrations i did back in 2010.

I still have a limited amount of prints of those still available
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:34 pm

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:52 am
  • My vote for one of the all-time best .net threads. I've been a reader much longer than a registered poster. You better believe that your talent is and will be a blessing to others. I'm feeling very blessed today for having read through all 4 pages thus far and also the human interest story you shared that has gripped you. Things like that should put life into perspective and cause us to consider what really matters.

Thanks so much for posting this. You must continue. Please do not shy away from sharing any and all of your work with this online community. (As a different type of Artist), I know that good artists can be their own worst critics. They can even quit as a result. Sounds like you've surfaced beyond that point. So, hope everyone's words have encouraged you.

I would even say your work (and similar work like it) deserves the creation of a new additional forum to .net that would highlight such things so as to not get lost among the rest of the usual conversation. Perhaps that's a bit more complicated than what I'm thinking, but perhaps there should be a place for things like this from those among us with something special to offer. I would think it would be placed in such a special forum, not freely posted. For those who might agree and see a place for what I'm talking about... feel free to copy this text and send it along to the appropriate people for consideration if anyone wants to run with it.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:19 am
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Yeah dude, play your cards right and you'll get rich off this.

it's not about $$ to me anymore. i have grown to hate the way money changes people, greed kills so much in life and there are far better things to be involved in that do not revolve around that crap. if i sustain a good living so be it, but i am not after much more than just self enjoyment these days.

i have had it in the back of my head, that if i manage to get the players to autograph a certain amount of my prints, i want to take a majority of those proceeds if and when they sell, or get auctioned off, and give to certain people that are in need. specifically one family - there is a livelong friend of mine who has been struggling for so many years as her son has been sick with Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) and it has devastated her, not just financially with the medical bills and expenses, but emotionally and it tears me to see her so "lost and torn" with the struggles she takes on daily. She is a single mother of 4 boys, she can't leave her own house due to having to remain in isolation for quite a while now because if she gets sick, one simple illness can take her youngest sons life. Not only her, but her older 3 sons have endured this battle as well as they have been saviors with many different bone marrow transfers just to save their younger brothers life.

story and VIDEO ---> Family giving everything

her story is here ---> http://www.komonews.com/living/health/Siblings-sacrifice-to-save-brother-with-one-in-a-million-disease-190405001.html

facebook ---> Liam's HLH Journey

She wouldn't even know i would be responsible for this gift, as i would just do it as a surprise, a kind gesture to show her that anything is possible and to never give up, and to just give her a breath of fresh air from the stress and make her smile, make her son smile

DJ - that is very cool thing you are doing there! :th2thumbs:

I don't usually quote scripture here, but I wanted quote what I think maybe is the most mis-quoted verse in the entire Bible:

1 Timothy 6:10
    For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

VERY important to understand the wording! Many people say that money=evil. Money is inanimate; it cannot be - by itself - good or bad. When your heart is above yourself, then generosity comes naturally!

When I see/hear about players that visit Children's Hospital and other like things, it tells me what those players find important. This is part of the reason why I can see a large number of our players staying here for less money. They see the team as more than themselves. And also why we are going to see some special things from this team for the next several years! Money is temporary, legacies last a lifetime!

Thanks DJ for being part of what is right in this world!
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:03 am
  • I intend on following this as far as it will go and who knows where it will take me. Being in the beginning phases of all "this", it takes a lot of support and publicity to keep it going and to keep it strong, especially because of the time consumption it takes. Unfortunately we all have bills and have to work to pay those - I'm trying to balance a job and artwork at the same time. In this past week, the hours spent between the two, i'm exhausted, but i want to keep going - it's just a passion and goal now. Luckily it is not a physicaly straining and stressful passion as it is just painting.

Just "LIKE" and share what i have available and spread the word and for that support and i will be forever grateful

link to my facebook ---> ICONSbyDH
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:08 am
  • djTOY2000 wrote: Luckily it is not a physicaly straining and stressful passion as it is just painting.

"...just painting." That's like saying Sidney Rice and Doug Baldwin just "play catch."

Awesome stuff, DJ! I'd love to see you commissioned by the VMAC, and able to share proceeds wherever your heart and head lead you. Thanks for not burying your talent!
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:06 am
  • Nice work man....very well done.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:17 am
  • The Wilson painting is great. Nice work!
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:57 am
  • djTOY2000 wrote:I intend on following this as far as it will go and who knows where it will take me. Being in the beginning phases of all "this", it takes a lot of support and publicity to keep it going and to keep it strong, especially because of the time consumption it takes. Unfortunately we all have bills and have to work to pay those - I'm trying to balance a job and artwork at the same time. In this past week, the hours spent between the two, i'm exhausted, but i want to keep going - it's just a passion and goal now. Luckily it is not a physicaly straining and stressful passion as it is just painting.

Just "LIKE" and share what i have available and spread the word and for that support and i will be forever grateful

link to my facebook ---> ICONSbyDH

Just liked your page and I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of these!!

Keep going!! :th2thumbs:
    I am an American Football Noobie... Please be gentle!! :-)
    I'M IN AND I BELIEVE!
    LyndseyG
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
  • you know dustin, you sit right at the tunnel...haha. awesome work though. duh.
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:45 pm
  • Tip of the cap! That is nice work man!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:09 pm
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:Dustin, that's really damned good. Get a hold of the Hawks. Can't wait to see Sherman, and hopefully, Beef mo.

already been in contact with them, working out the details and trying to get as many of these knocked out (for portfolio purposes) in the next few weeks to start performing "live paintings" inside the CenturyLink Gameday Experience (in the convention center)

NIIIIIIICCCCEEEE!!!!!!!
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:34 pm
  • djTOY2000 wrote:Finished it this morning...

from a slight angle...

aside from just adding in my signature down in the corner, it is DONE !!

*higher resolution pics will be taken this weekend

I will be starting my next (Sherman) in about an hour or so and will shoot to have it done in 3-4 days as well

ORIGINAL THREAD

....go 'HAWKS

EDIT:

STARTING THE NEXT PAINTING OF THE SERIES ----->> SHERMAN

That is absolutely amazing. A great piece of Art.
    Bambam_gohawks
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:32 am

Previous

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:11 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information