Breaking Bad Tonight!

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Breaking Bad Tonight!
Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:23 pm
  • Who is as pumped as I am???
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Re: Breaking Bad Tonight!
Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:46 pm
  • I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:12 pm
  • I'm watching the marathon of the first 8 episodes of this season to get ready.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:42 pm
  • I can't wait for it to end.

(So I can shotgun all of season 5.)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:27 pm
  • "Tread softly" ooooooooooooh boy!

Hope that wasn't a spoiler
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:54 am
  • That last line was amazing. The whole conversation was awesome, but damn it, it ended so perfectly.

Roland, you need to stay the F out of this thread, because spoilers are going to be unavoidable and I know how upset I'd be if I got spoiled on the show.
    LargentFan
    NET Starter

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:58 am
  • Throwdown wrote:"Tread softly" ooooooooooooh boy!

Hope that wasn't a spoiler

It's most definitely foreshadowing. Walter told Hank he has no idea what he's really dealing with, because he still (partly) sees Walter as the soft guy. He doesn't realize the nature of Heisenberg's need to win.

I also liked the uncertainty as to whether we can believe Walt really is going to die of cancer or if it's just another one of his lies.

Edit: Did you mean you hope that wasn't a spoiler for other people? Otherwise, spoiler alert.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:24 am
  • -SPOILER-

He was doing chemo when he got the call about Jesse. I like it, it makes it seem like Walt can go all out to save what he's built and he's got nothing to lose in the process. Makes for an explosive last few episodes in my mind.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:07 am
  • No spoilers, just want to add to those saying excellent episode.

I can hardly wait for the show to end, even though it's going to be some time before anything this cool is on TV again.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:25 am
  • I just love the semi-repeat of the first scene of last season... I was wondering about that "tool" all season long.
    Gilligan is a sneaky sucker.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "Friction caused this blossom of love to happen"
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    “That 54, Bobby, man, he "effing" fast as "eff", man"
    Frank Gore
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:35 am
  • Hello Carol
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:59 pm
  • Discovery is airing a Mythbusters Breaking Bad special tonight at 10 ET. Vince Gilligan and Aaron Paul will be joining Jamie & Adam to test some of the "myths" from the show.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:23 pm
  • I've never watched a minute of it, but from what I've heard I think I would like it. Sounds like it's worth taking the plunge on Netflix?

Just for reference, my current favorite shows are Hannibal, Dexter, Chicago Fire, Sons of Anarchy, CSI (original) and Deadliest Catch. Last 10 years or so, I was big into House, The Sopranos, Friday Night Lights, The Shield, The Unit, The Office, Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me.
    @SeahawkGreg

GIVE US YOUR PINK SLIP, SANTA CLARA WHINERS. WE OWN YOU
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:26 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:I've never watched a minute of it, but from what I've heard I think I would like it. Sounds like it's worth taking the plunge on Netflix?

Just for reference, my current favorite shows are Hannibal, Dexter, Chicago Fire, Sons of Anarchy, CSI (original) and Deadliest Catch. Last 10 years or so, I was big into House, The Sopranos, Friday Night Lights, The Shield, The Unit, The Office, Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me.

Breaking Bad is better than all those shows.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:21 pm
  • It's up there with Sons Of Anarchy as maybe the greatest thing on TV
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:30 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:I've never watched a minute of it, but from what I've heard I think I would like it. Sounds like it's worth taking the plunge on Netflix?

Here's how I interpret your post.
    "I like $10, $20, $7, $25, $15, and $10. In the past I have liked $10, $20, $10, $15, $10, $15, $1, and $5. Will I like $30?"
    LargentFan
    NET Starter

Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:50 pm

just be sure to give it a good run. I actually had to try and watch the show three times before it stuck.. It was like, yawn..yawn... OMFG!!!!!!

has to be the best show on t.v. right now and you can maybe even notch it up as one of the best ever, with 8 episodes still left.
    NoChops
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:02 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:I've never watched a minute of it, but from what I've heard I think I would like it. Sounds like it's worth taking the plunge on Netflix?

"I like $10, $20, $7, $25, $15, and $10. In the past I have liked $10, $20, $10, $15, $10, $15, $1, and $5. Will I like $30?"

This is perfect. Of course he's going to like $30.00
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:34 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:It's up there with Sons Of Anarchy as maybe the greatest thing on TV

Awesome... will have to check it out.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:35 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:I've never watched a minute of it, but from what I've heard I think I would like it. Sounds like it's worth taking the plunge on Netflix?

:D
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:49 pm
  • Rescue Me feels under-rated IMO. Yeah, The Wire, Sopranos, and Breaking Bad are probably the be TV Drama shows I've watched in the last 10 years or so.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:06 pm
  • That scene with Hank in the garage..... maybe some of the best TV I've ever scene. Stunningly good.

Seriously, this was me watching!

So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:58 pm

I love almost every show you mentioned and I like Breaking Bad the best by far. It's just a great show.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:26 am
  • NoChops wrote:

just be sure to give it a good run. I actually had to try and watch the show three times before it stuck.. It was like, yawn..yawn... OMFG!!!!!!

has to be the best show on t.v. right now and you can maybe even notch it up as one of the best ever, with 8 episodes still left.

Yeah, the first season can be a bit of a drag. Deep into the fifth season, though, it's amazing how important necessary those first 'boring' episodes were. You have to at least make it to Tuco. If you don't like it after watching the episodes with Tuco, well, I guess My Little Pony is still on.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:40 am
  • SPOILER

The one thought was what was going to happen once Hank knew Walter was behind all the events he had been tracking. Kind of dreaded it because the reaction both had is sort of what you expected. I would expect for Hank to pick up his game after having all the cards on the table. Still wondering what the "tool" will be used for in the look ahead? Full suicidal assault on the DEA HQ after ingesting the magic pill?
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:34 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:Roland, you need to stay the F out of this thread, because spoilers are going to be unavoidable and I know how upset I'd be if I got spoiled on the show.

Oh, no worries. I've gotten pretty good at avoiding spoilers. Every once in a while somebody will do what's very nearly a bait & switch and throw a spoiler in the first few words of a sentence in a thread where it's not immediately obvious, and I get annoyed then, but meh; I long ago came to grips with the risk of spoilers due to how I prefer to watch shows. Also, judging by the public reaction to Netflix dropping their seasons of shows all at once, it looks like the vast majority of people agree with me. 8)

Plus, shotgunning a whole season of a show frees up a surprising amount of time on a weekly basis. There isn't a single night I ever need to be "home for" to watch a new episode of a show, and it's great.

Random thought @ Diags: Thanks for the spoiler tag. I wasn't even reading anything on this page, but I saw your big spoiler tag with peripheral vision, and it's appreciated nonetheless.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:12 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Random thought @ Diags: Thanks for the spoiler tag. I wasn't even reading anything on this page, but I saw your big spoiler tag with peripheral vision, and it's appreciated nonetheless.

No problem. It is tough to avoid getting a comment from folks on a hot show. I haven't seen SoA season 5 yet, since I wanted to do the season in one big stream and Brian McIntyre let slip that one of the main guys had been offed during the season on twitter. Same with other shows like The Walking Dead or the likes. Lot of folks like to tweet how awesome something was so you get to the point of having to be quick in identifying a potential spoiler. But still some slip through.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:18 pm
  • Yeah, it's definitely hard sometimes.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:34 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Yeah, it's definitely hard sometimes.

That's what she said?

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:59 am
  • Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:

That's pretty good. :lol:
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:44 pm
  • Brilliant show. Like Sons of Anarchy, I never want them to end. The final few episodes are going to be EPIC.

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:10 pm
  • Breaking Bad is at the top of my list for Drama's. Soprano's was #1 before B.B.

I haven't seen The Wire, but I've heard great things, and will be starting it as soon as B.B. is over.

Other shows I've enjoyed - Dexter (first 4 seasons, lately it hasn't been as good). The Shield (this kept my attention the entire way through, its not quite as good as B.B though). Mad Men (awesome show, but for some reason I'm more drawn to the darker dramas, the psychedelic episodes every other season are pretty amazing). The Walking Dead (this started out fairly cheesy to me, but has since grown, last season had some of the best directing in the show to date. I think I like it more now since its about people vs people instead of people vs zombies). Sons of Anarchy (hated the season in Ireland, acting at times is weaker than some of the other shows). Game of Thrones (huge fan of the books and the show has done a great job IMO...)

I love the comedy Gilligan mixes into Breaking Bad. Jessie's scene in Saul's waiting room this last episode was great.
    Timmahawk
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:59 am
  • Timmahawk wrote:Breaking Bad is at the top of my list for Drama's. Soprano's was #1 before B.B.

I haven't seen The Wire, but I've heard great things, and will be starting it as soon as B.B. is over.

Other shows I've enjoyed - Dexter (first 4 seasons, lately it hasn't been as good).

Might want to jump back on, last season or so has gotten crazy, and the series is getting ready to end. 5 episodes left.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:33 pm
  • Tonight's episode was awesome. I can't wait to see how it all ends up.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information