Show us your musical taste versatility

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • HawksFTW wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Short list of artists with the most songs in my collection:

Meat Loaf, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Green Day, Jimi Hendrix, Live, Marilyn Manson, Queen, The Scorpions, and Tom Petty.

Explains a lot.

Keep your petulance in the shack and PWR where they're appropriate, junior.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Re: Show us your musical taste versatility
Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:05 pm
  • I listen to about everything. I am VERY picky about country though. I have some stuff but it's more bluesy than twangy. Name an artist, and I probably have them on my ipod.
    The other day when I was watching training camp practice, I thought to myself, "Hey, they stole my ipod for their music" lol.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Lisa Hannigan, Emiliana Torini, Norah Jones, The XX, Frank Ocean, Portishead, Radiohead, Metric, Nikki & The Dove, Broken Bells, Chicago, Sade, Split Lip Rayfield, Chuck Mangione, Bill Chase, Chick Corea, Bob James, Maynard Ferguson, Buddy Rich, Harry Connick Jr, Mazzy Star....

Only rap I really like is Aesop Rock, Pharoahe Monch, Andre 3000 (and all Outkast), Eminem, Oldominion & lots of things that were put out between 1988 and 1997. Oh and Wyclef's The Carnival.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I am just going to play my itunes music library on shuffle for 10 songs. Here is what I got.
    Tupac, Led Zeppelin, Nas, Steely Dan, ELO, Andrew Gold, Queen, Sniff 'n' The Tears, Whodini, The Tubes. Pretty much sums it up. It could be totally different another time. I have over 5,000 songs.
    Last edited by Seahwkgal on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Zeb, love the XX.

I was big into the local scene in 2000-2005. Had a few friends in bands (Gatsby's American Dream/Time To Fly).

I listen to various artists on a daily basis: Everclear, Every Time I Die, Botch, 2pac, Gang Starr, Mos Def, Earl Sweatshirt, Tyler the Creator, The Killers, Muse, Thrice, Thursday, Usher, Wale, Kendrick Lamar, Lupe Fiasco, Pimp C, Rob Dougan, Nero, Bassnectar.

Oh, and my favorite of all time is Jimi.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• SonicHawk wrote:Earl Sweatshirt

Heard a few tracks off "Doris" yesterday. The kid can rap.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• HawksFTW wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Short list of artists with the most songs in my collection:

Meat Loaf, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Green Day, Jimi Hendrix, Live, Marilyn Manson, Queen, The Scorpions, and Tom Petty.

Explains a lot.

:lol:
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• College Radio/Indy: Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys, Jack White/White Stripes, Arcade Fire, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Andrew Bird, Albert Hammond Jr, Beck, Radiohead, St. Vincent, Strokes, Santigold, Vampire Weekend, Mando Diao, Libertines, etc.

Classics: Elvis, Johnny Cash, Robert Johnson, Son House, B.B. King, Rolling Stones, Ramones, Hendrix, Sinead, Morrissey, Lloyd Cole, Grant Lee Buffalo, Pixies, Chris Isaak, Zeppelin, Stooges/Iggy Pop, early U2, The Clash, Dean Martin, Blondie, The Platters, and basically everything classic Motown.

Pretentious tunage: Puccini, Beethoven, Richard Wagner, Mozart, Debussy, Cole Porter, Gershwin

Never could get into rap. To me rap is the musical equivalent of a Michael Bay movie...
    "It was so loud Derrick Coleman heard it."
    Thunderhawk
    NET Starter

• Ah yes, I forgot my favorite composers... Debussy, Gershwin, Holst (Planets) and Tchaikovsky (Four Seasons).
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information