Face Off (SyFy)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Face Off (SyFy)
Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:46 pm
  • Does any of the rest of you nerds and geeks out there get into this show? It's had me hooked for the past few seasons, and I'm excited for S5 to officially start next Tuesday. This year, they're doing veterans against n00bs which should make for some really good designs.

For those of who don't know what it is: It's a show where aspiring make-up artists/designers in the sci-fi/fantasy industry compete in challenges to design the best characters from the instructions given at the beginning of the show. For instance, a couple years ago, everyone had to design a superhero team based on the car they drive. Other challenges include a zombie/Alice in Wonderland mashup and human/insect hybrids. I suggest you give it a whirl if you haven't.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Re: Face Off (SyFy)
Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:05 pm
  • Yep, been watching the past few seasons. I love the artistic talent and creative expression.

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:13 am
  • It's fun, but I wish they wouldn't play up the drama so much.

My daughter goes nuts for the show, and the best side effect of it is that she can watch a gory-type movie without getting scared like other girls her age would. She just geeks out on the quality of the special effects.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:51 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:It's fun, but I wish they wouldn't play up the drama so much.

My daughter goes nuts for the show, and the best side effect of it is that she can watch a gory-type movie without getting scared like other girls her age would. She just geeks out on the quality of the special effects.

I agree. I wish they'd show a little more of the technical side of things as well as more of the light-hearted moments instead of the "OMG, not gonna make it!" every time. When the contestants have to stand on stage to be judged is dramatic enough.

Really, I watch the show for the last 10 minutes because the costume reveals make it all worth it.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:54 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:It's fun, but I wish they wouldn't play up the drama so much.

I agree. I wish they'd show a little more of the technical side of things as well as more of the light-hearted moments instead of the "OMG, not gonna make it!" every time. When the contestants have to stand on stage to be judged is dramatic enough.

Really, I watch the show for the last 10 minutes because the costume reveals make it all worth it.

Yup. Give me more of the tech and the reveals and less of random goth-y chick with fire engine red hair talking all teary-eyed to the camera about how her failings are someone else's fault.

I have to admit, though, I get a bit of a sadistic thrill when watching Glenn tee off on some terrible outcome. His facial hair always looks like the outcome of a lost bet, and he just always looks so pissed.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:58 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:I have to admit, though, I get a bit of a sadistic thrill when watching Glenn tee off on some terrible outcome. His facial hair always looks like the outcome of a lost bet, and he just always looks so pissed.

I think the best part about Glenn is you can tell how sharp he is, too. What's really scary to me is when Ve and Neville hate something. Glenn is creative with his insults, but you can tell it hurts more when the other two are putting the screws to the contestants because they're so calm otherwise.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information