Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Face Off (SyFy)
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:46 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14123
Location: Portland, OR
Does any of the rest of you nerds and geeks out there get into this show? It's had me hooked for the past few seasons, and I'm excited for S5 to officially start next Tuesday. This year, they're doing veterans against n00bs which should make for some really good designs.

For those of who don't know what it is: It's a show where aspiring make-up artists/designers in the sci-fi/fantasy industry compete in challenges to design the best characters from the instructions given at the beginning of the show. For instance, a couple years ago, everyone had to design a superhero team based on the car they drive. Other challenges include a zombie/Alice in Wonderland mashup and human/insect hybrids. I suggest you give it a whirl if you haven't.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Face Off (SyFy)
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:05 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7681
Location: Maple Valley, WA
Yep, been watching the past few seasons. I love the artistic talent and creative expression.

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Face Off (SyFy)
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:13 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7726
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
It's fun, but I wish they wouldn't play up the drama so much.

My daughter goes nuts for the show, and the best side effect of it is that she can watch a gory-type movie without getting scared like other girls her age would. She just geeks out on the quality of the special effects.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Face Off (SyFy)
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:51 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14123
Location: Portland, OR
volsunghawk wrote:
It's fun, but I wish they wouldn't play up the drama so much.

My daughter goes nuts for the show, and the best side effect of it is that she can watch a gory-type movie without getting scared like other girls her age would. She just geeks out on the quality of the special effects.


I agree. I wish they'd show a little more of the technical side of things as well as more of the light-hearted moments instead of the "OMG, not gonna make it!" every time. When the contestants have to stand on stage to be judged is dramatic enough.

Really, I watch the show for the last 10 minutes because the costume reveals make it all worth it.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Face Off (SyFy)
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:54 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7726
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
Sarlacc83 wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:
It's fun, but I wish they wouldn't play up the drama so much.

My daughter goes nuts for the show, and the best side effect of it is that she can watch a gory-type movie without getting scared like other girls her age would. She just geeks out on the quality of the special effects.


I agree. I wish they'd show a little more of the technical side of things as well as more of the light-hearted moments instead of the "OMG, not gonna make it!" every time. When the contestants have to stand on stage to be judged is dramatic enough.

Really, I watch the show for the last 10 minutes because the costume reveals make it all worth it.


Yup. Give me more of the tech and the reveals and less of random goth-y chick with fire engine red hair talking all teary-eyed to the camera about how her failings are someone else's fault.

I have to admit, though, I get a bit of a sadistic thrill when watching Glenn tee off on some terrible outcome. His facial hair always looks like the outcome of a lost bet, and he just always looks so pissed.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Face Off (SyFy)
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:58 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14123
Location: Portland, OR
volsunghawk wrote:
I have to admit, though, I get a bit of a sadistic thrill when watching Glenn tee off on some terrible outcome. His facial hair always looks like the outcome of a lost bet, and he just always looks so pissed.


I think the best part about Glenn is you can tell how sharp he is, too. What's really scary to me is when Ve and Neville hate something. Glenn is creative with his insults, but you can tell it hurts more when the other two are putting the screws to the contestants because they're so calm otherwise.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.