Time to step up your game Aros....

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Time to step up your game Aros....
Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:04 pm
  • Your RC videos have become tiresome.. Well, not really, but check this one out. It was being pimped on FB by a local rock station here. I think you need a copter to go tear around Seattle with!

NoChops
    NET Veteran

Re: Time to step up your game Aros....
Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:39 pm
  • Yeah most of my RC buddies have gotten the "Quadcopter Flu". The tech is sick. I agree, it's amazing video...But I still like my warbirds, fluttery video, turbulence and all. :)

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:16 pm
  • cool thing about that video, it makes Dallas look almost pretty, when at ground level it is pretty much blah. My building is in there and he flies that cam almost halfway up the tower. Some shots have to be 300 feet or close to it. I dig your vids, was just saying how much fun you could have making video if forward speed was a non issue. Lets see that red tail buzz through the clink...hee hee
    NoChops
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:47 am
  • I'm four months and six grand deep into a long range, extended duration octocopter setup, with no end in sight. Lithium-Iron-Phosphate batteries are frigging expensive. The cost of brushless motors is rising too, thanks to the skyrocketing cost of neodymium.

I don't even want to talk about what the radios cost for these damn things. It's possible to get by with just a few channels, until you want to install that (also really frigging expensive) camera gimbal, and that GPS with programmable waypoint system. All of a sudden the radio starts to compete with the rest of the build for cost.

On topic, it's a very cool video, and that sort of videography is exactly why I'm building one now. Amazing stuff.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:15 pm
  • Hence my reluctance to get into that aspect of the RC hobby. I've already beat up my bank account plenty over the years with my planes. :)

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:16 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information