East Coaster looking for Seattle tips.

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
East Coaster looking for Seattle tips.
Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:31 am
  • Hey guys and gals,

I'm a 12th man, living in Pennsylvania. I attended the home opener last year, and LOVED your city. However, I feel like I probably missed stuff and was wondering if there is anything I should try to see when visiting again in November for the Hawks/Bucs game. I hit the Space Needle and Pikes Park Market while there last time. Anything else 'must-see'?

Also, and this is a silly question, do Seattle Walmarts load up with Seahawks merch? Around here, we are overloaded with Steelers, Ravens and Eagles... and I wanna stock up on random stuff. Can I walk into a Seattle Walmart and get hats, shirts, cups etc? Thanks for your replies!

Go Hawks!
    y2josh
    NET Bench Warmer

• Two recent threads have a TON of info in there about stuff to do around here.

Have fun in November! :thirishdrinkers:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69790
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69382
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• It's always fun to meet Hawks fans from across the U.S. and even worldwide. How did you get to be a Seahawks fan, living in PA?
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• I'm starting to think we should get a "Visiting Seattle?" thread stickied. How about it, mods?
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• nategreat wrote:It's always fun to meet Hawks fans from across the U.S. and even worldwide. How did you get to be a Seahawks fan, living in PA?

It's a funny, but not exciting story. As a kid, my Dad used to watch football all the time. I remember asking him one day "dad, who is your favorite team?"

he replied with "I don't have one, buddy, but if I had to pick one, it would probably be the Seahawks."....and a 12th Man was born many years later when I finally started watching something other than basketball.

Newbie to football, newbie to the boards. Seems legit. :)
    y2josh
    NET Bench Warmer

• y2josh wrote:and I wanna stock up on random stuff. Can I walk into a Seattle Walmart and get hats, shirts, cups etc? Thanks for your replies!

Just hit up Duc from the locker room, he may be able to hook you up.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information